It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
An interesting Video from the tube explains why the orbital speeds of stars, as you go farther out in the galaxy, do not decay with their distances from the center of the galaxy. What do you all say about their explanation?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
4 threads? Was that necessary? Ok I see you got that straightened out. Thanks for the video i will check it out.
edit on 9/13/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Clearly you didn't watch the video

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
4 threads? Was that necessary?

Gotta get our attention right?

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ooops Three Galaxies removed from the ether already! Just shows how nothing stays pristine forever..except forever!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well...I watched 13 minutes of the video and I'm lost...The math and other gobledegook is way beyond my comprehension. It may however be good material for those who understand math and quantum physics to the nth. I just end up feeling uneducated. I'll give the thread a flag because of the video content which is relevant but way beyond my vocabulary.
edit on 13-9-2014 by minkmouse because: feeling so dumb after video forgot the difference between star and flag

ETA: the OP gets a star because maybe he understands!
edit on 13-9-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Can you post a brief explanation of the video please [ my wifi is crap ]

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Jumpin Jackfish that's funny. If there's a brief explanation I gotta see it. Can you describe the universe in a paragraph?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse

Jumpin Jackfish that's funny. If there's a brief explanation I gotta see it. Can you describe the universe in a paragraph?

i can do much better one word BIG
2 Words real big

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

i can do much better one word BIG
2 Words real big

Well then...There may be hope

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

It started out like Einstein thought experiments.
Riding a light beam.
Elevator example for frames of reference.
Paradox twins.
Then it moved to a sort of entropy based Ether theory.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'll watch this but I had to comment to say the replies so far have been hilarious.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
I'll watch this but I had to comment to say the replies so far have been hilarious.

If you're not back in 59:59...We'll know your brain exploded

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Well...I watched 13 minutes of the video and I'm lost...The math and other gobledegook is way beyond my comprehension. It may however be good material for those who understand math and quantum physics to the nth. I just end up feeling uneducated. I'll give the thread a flag because of the video content which is relevant but way beyond my vocabulary.

ETA: the OP gets a star because maybe he understands!
I've watched it once. The math ain't so high or anything, but there is quite a bit of it. Its the new paradigm of looking into the future that intrigues me, though this video has to be watched more than once to fully grasp the whole subject and the sound quality is not so good

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: proob4
4 threads? Was that necessary?

Gotta get our attention right?

Peace
Lol your attention don't count at all

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Tried watching some of the video, but it's a bit too sciency and math-y for me. Could anyone please distill the main ideas and conclusions in that video?

It's considered good forum etiquette to provide some explanation or description of the video's content (especially if it's close to 1 hr long!), rather than just plopping it down and hoping people will watch it in full and understand what is being said.

Thanks.

~~~

P.S. I opened the video in Youtube page, and the video description is a bit more helpful:

Most physics theories tend to have a unique premise in common: one time dimension. In fact, there is a growing consensus that time is just an illusion.

Yet, applying extra dimensions to time can successfully modify modern physics without violating the conservation laws long held to be true. Modern notions of quantum gravity and curved space-time can successfully be replaced with an infinitude of relative frames of reference, progressing and regressing though infinite series of relations, which imply the existence of multidimensional time.

Interesting, but hypothesising about different dimensions of time is like falling deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole.

~~~

P.P.S. Just took notice of the video's author and presenter - someone named Gavin Wince, and had a look around on Google on who or what he is.
cosmoquest.org...
scientopia.org...
He's a crackpot philosopher who has taken it upon himself to "fix" practically everything in maths and science.

I'll stick with genuine theoretical physicists, thank you.
edit on 14-9-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join