It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Noticing This Trend With Many New Members?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

That's why I waited a while before I shared any of my paranormal experiences. People who run right out the gate make me a little suspicious.

Blame it on the pranksters who want to sign up quick and wrangle together more gullible members for lulz.

edit on 13-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

You just described many topics that would be found on a conspiracy site.

Not saying there's not a constant stream of ingoing and outgoing members but the topics you listed are kind of...conspiracy related...

There's always option of creating your own thread. I am bad at creating mine and they are usually about dumb things. I'm kind of new...end of 2013...

One of these days I am going to create a very in depth, thought provoking thread.

One of these days.

Conspiracies are one thing...

To be flooded with what I described in the OP over a very short time is quite possibly just another conspiracy IMO.

My head hurts...

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

That's why I waited a while before I shared any of my paranormal experiences. People who run right out the gate make me a little suspicious.

I have had one paranormal experience...or something that I can't explain.

But to see so many in a few weeks...wow!

And the religion, the secret spies...just wow!

Peace

edit on 13-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Let me see;
Fascinated by sensational subjects, especially occult.
Not good at spelling.
Not good at putting forward arguments of their own (hence thread-making means asking a question in the title and saying "what do you think?").

Common factors = teenagers?
Last couple of months = school holdays?

edit on 13-9-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I have been thinking the same thing jude maybe glp had a clear out ? something tell's me they will not last long

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Let me see;
Not good at spelling.
Not good at putting forward arguments of their own (hence thread-making means asking a question in the title and saying "what do you think?").

And where I'm at the teachers are on strike so the storm is far from over. Good sleuthing by the way.
edit on 13-9-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think the skool holiday theory fits. I didn't sign up with ATS until I had lost my job and finished school. Only had time to lurk here and there before that.

I'll be starting a new job soon and doubt very much I'll have time for ATS like I did while I was a hopeless slackass!

edit on 13-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

I have been thinking the same thing jude maybe glp had a clear out ? something tell's me they will not last long

I have noticed a few new members speak of GLP and the site banning them looking for money.

You might be onto something here.

My first dive into conspiracy sites were GLP and AJ...but then I grew up.

Peace

edit on 13-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Let me see;
Not good at spelling.

How did I miss that?

Could be holidays, the GLP clean out and just plain trolls/shills...a combination.

Good work!

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well i had bad grammar at month 2 and will have bad grammar a year from now. so what difference does it makes if us came at waves or at drops .

Really man what is so life changing important matter you are discussing to believe if someone joins to talk their thing must be an attempt to derail the cutting edge research is being done in this place, really im sure if not for those useless threads for you, i bet by now ATS would have solve all important questions in the universe (aka 42) but the PTB have to send those agents to discourage

Also 2 month is the cut for being a diss now but when a plane was missing some thread like this was posted, when Crimea was in flames everyone that joined was a Russian operative... basically each month a claim like this is made about our new fellas

People have own interest and opinions, deal with it?
edit on 13-9-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I see the pattern alway's have , maybe they get paid to post !

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Well i had bad grammar at month 2 and will have bad grammar a year from now. so what difference does it makes if us came at waves or at drops .

Really man what is so life changing important matter you are discussing to believe if someone joins to talk their thing must be an attempt to derail the cutting edge research is being done in this place, really im sure if not for those useless threads for you, i bet by now ATS would have solve all important questions in the universe (aka 42) but the PTB have to send those agents to discourage

Also 2 month is the cut for being a diss now but when a plane was missing some thread like this was posted, when Crimea was in flames everyone that joined was a Russian operative... basically each month a claim like this is made about our new fellas

People have own interest and opinions, deal with it?

You're not getting my meaning but that's ok.

No harm, no foul.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Never trust anyone with less than 4 years membership I mean, from the Government.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Never trust anyone with less than 4 years membership I mean, from the Government.

Less than 4 yrs?

Damn! That's me!

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Never trust anyone with less than 4 years membership I mean,

Yes, that sounds about the right figure.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Maybe it's just me but this seems to be a trend over the last Month or 2 with new members. And a lot of them it seems:

Personally experienced Abductions
Personally experienced Ghosts
One sentence threads
Religious
Pro-War
Bad Grammar/Spelling
Personally experienced Demons/Possession
People Following them FBI, DHS, CIA. Black cars, helos...
Predictions
Dreams
Majority have no avatars, sigs. I know not important but so many!

And more...

Just me or are we being blasted with crap to knock us off guard?

I know many new folks are here with all sincerity but there seems to be a trend here. Can't show the members because of T&C of course but if you caught this you know what I mean.

Peace

This is a good one I must admit, especially as I fall into the particular category you described. The one thing I have particularly appreciated of ATS has been the ability to speak of things that are "taboo" or "outside the box". Heck without it we could hardly say we have free speach now could we, not that we have much of that either.

To make a long comment short, I have also noticed many new members like myself posting about their paranormal experiences etc..my question for you is why would it "knock you off guard" ? Perhaps it doesn't fit the agenda and that is understandable, just like not everyone enjoys the thought of certain things and that is also understandable. Still I can't understand it being some method of infiltration or something of the like..that is what you are getting at isn't it ? If I'm wrong then please correct me, sincerely..you know the rest

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Exactly. As a new member with no avatar, no sig and who has posted about personal experiences regarding entities it's a big generalization on the part of the OP.

We're living in a time of manufactured "awakenings", so naturally many will seek these sites.

As for me, I've read ATS multiple times a day for over 14 years. No avatar or sig because I honestly don't care about them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Maybe it's just me but this seems to be a trend over the last Month or 2 with new members. And a lot of them it seems:

One sentence threads
Religious
Pro-War
Bad Grammar/Spelling
Predictions
Dreams

And more...

I know many new folks are here with all sincerity but there seems to be a trend here. Can't show the members because of T&C of course but if you caught this you know what I mean.

Peace

This is a good one I must admit, especially as I fall into the particular category you described. The one thing I have particularly appreciated of ATS has been the ability to speak of things that are "taboo" or "outside the box". Heck without it we could hardly say we have free speach now could we, not that we have much of that either.

To make a long comment short, I have also noticed many new members like myself posting about their paranormal experiences etc..my question for you is why would it "knock you off guard" ? Perhaps it doesn't fit the agenda and that is understandable, just like not everyone enjoys the thought of certain things and that is also understandable. Still I can't understand it being some method of infiltration or something of the like..that is what you are getting at isn't it ? If I'm wrong then please correct me, sincerely..you know the rest

A well thought out and full reply...just what is lacking with those I am addressing.

As you are new I'll just say that if you have noticed what I am speaking about then it is very obvious to others as well. Not being here very long and seeing this makes it even more obvious. The reason I am posting this? Because it's not the norm...but you get it already.

Kinda supports my point as you will no doubt see by observing. As I mentioned in the OP...Not all but many.

And if I didn't welcome you at first...welcome!

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

One sentence threads
Religious
Pro-War
Bad Grammar/Spelling
Predictions
Dreams

And more...

Peace

A well thought out and full reply...just what is lacking with those I am addressing.

As you are new I'll just say that if you have noticed what I am speaking about then it is very obvious to others as well. Not being here very long and seeing this makes it even more obvious. The reason I am posting this? Because it's not the norm...but you get it already.

Kinda supports my point as you will no doubt see by observing. As I mentioned in the OP...Not all but many.

And if I didn't welcome you at first...welcome!

Peace

Thank you, as I had hoped I recieved a well thought out reply in return. Now I hope you don't mind that I can't help but stick up for the little guy, even though I can see your point of view on the subject.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Never trust anyone with less than 4 years membership

Eh just let their posting history and attitude speak for itself. It's not hard to separate the wheat from the chaff

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join