It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST SEE!! Student frustrated with teacher...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
That teacher, whilst I have no idea of the syllabus...

Right we just have this kids ravings. HE'S not inspired. We don't know if that's the case with the rest.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

kids need to be taught such things to use them in the first place, no one is just born with knowledge and guidance is a responsibility of the adult, otherwise they will be lost forever.

and to say the kid isn't trying? you're pretty blind considering the fact he said something and is frustrated that there's no one guiding him properly, clearly he wants to learn, wants a teacher not a teleprompter, wants help. so who are you to judge the effort you haven't seen in a person you don't even know?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

I'm sure he'll apologize. HOWEVER, those posts (the one you linked and then the one linked in the one you linked) are well over a year old and, IMHO, this should be revisited and remain forefront in our awareness.

Besides, without onequestion's thread I would not have even known this video existed! I was a member in May '13 but somehow missed those threads!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
and to say the kid isn't trying? you're pretty blind considering the fact he said something and is frustrated that there's no one guiding him properly, clearly he wants to learn, wants a teacher not a teleprompter, wants help. so who are you to judge the effort you haven't seen in a person you don't even know?

Seems like we're dissing the teacher fairly easily over a minute and a half. Do we know her? Do we know the curriculum? Why take it that this ISN'T a classic troublemaker?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

such behavior in children and teens usually indicates failure in parents or teachers to address serious issues such as learning disabilities or just a general lack of proper guidance. not to mention her seating position also indicates lack of care, distance and disconnection with students

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

True Trep,

And to be honest the teacher sounded as fed up with the kid as much as her job, but that was my point ... Teaching isn't a job, I've had many apprentices in my time and all have soared, it's a passion to impart knowledge and teach skills, encourage that glimmer into a raging inferno. To get them to test and teach you as well.

Raving is a part of growing up..........Like Bon Jovi
, It's a necessary evil in a world of music.

Cody

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sadly, crappy teachers are a dime a dozen, hopefully everyone is lucky enough to have had at least one inspiring teacher. Looking back on my school years, there are only 3 teachers I really remember, they were awesome. The first was my fourth grade teacher, he was a young guy, was very cool, and helped inspire my love of math. We learned basic algebra in his class, big reason I was in accelerated math was because of his class. He taught in a way that wasn't dry, impersonal and boring like most of the rest of my schooling.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nah it's true, I've seen that type of behaviour before in myself and others. He's lazy and he wants to quit, who can blame him really, high school didn't work out, and he is going to make damn sure continuation school doesn't work out either.

He's shifting his anxiety and sense of failure on to that teacher.

You're not really supposed to be recieving some world-class education at a continuation school, you just do the packets and get the hell out of there.

The boy chose the wrong hill to die on.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Nah it's true, I've seen that type of behaviour before in myself and others. He's lazy and he wants to quit, who can blame him really, high school didn't work out, and he is going to make damn sure continuation school doesn't work out either.

He's shifting his anxiety and sense of failure on to that teacher.

You're not really supposed to be recieving some world-class education at a continuation school, you just do the packets and get the hell out of there.

The boy chose the wrong hill to die on.

I'm glad someone else sees this for what it is.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar

originally posted by: intrepid
Nah, I didn't have to see that. I've seen many know it all kids. That VAST life experience letting them know what is what. Whine, whine. If he thinks he's not being taught, use your brain. Do something. There's this thing out called the Internet? Teach yourself then. Oh wait, that would entail problem resolution. Much harder than whining.

He DID use his brain and he DID do something. When he spoke about her talking about how it's her 'paycheck' he should have told her to 'earn it' !
Teachers who sit on their backsides for the entire lesson quoting from books and telling the pupils just to read the rest are incredibly lazy. That kid was absolutely right if that was her teaching method. She should 'engage' the class and work with them.
Good for him.

I agree. She sounded downright lazy to me. You could hear it on her voice. Unless she was on ambien.
Although I can agree he was dusturbing the class. I like his passion. At first I wanted to just shut the video off, then I listened. He made me sit up in class and pay attention. Some students need an engaging teacher. I recall having the bitchiest French teacher ever in grade 8. She put so much effort into teaching. I had no interest in learning French, but she made sure you did. She hammered it into your head. Much like this young man, she had passion. I switched schools and the French teacher at the next school in grade 9 French accused me of cheating on tests. He would hand out the tests and as other students struggled, I was filling it all out an about five minutes. He said there was no way I could do it that fast and score the highest. All I could say was I had a better teacher before you. She just made it more understandable.
edit on 13-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Someone mentioned the Tosh.0 redemption video, so I had to look for it. Here it is:
tosh.cc.com...

(sorry I couldn't find it on youtube to embed)

Not a tosh.0 fan at all... but thought some here might want to see this since it was referenced.

ETA: This is not a work-friendly video - it's uncensored.
edit on 13-9-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I remember wanting to change the world, or at least the world I was a part of. Big dreams. I thought I knew it all, and while sometimes I still do, in retrospect had I kept my mouth shut and absorbed the wisdom of my elders through a more authority compliant filter without dismissing so much of it--because remember, I knew better--then perhaps some of the paths I passed by early in life might have taken me in different directions. But in hindsight, digressing and all of that while I can see that this young man is plainly frustrated some insight into what caused his outburst would be quite useful in considering his case and method of protest.

Obviously the teacher neither reacted well nor was prepared to receive this student's rant no matter how well meaning his words may have been likely due to the tone of it's presentation. Something else I learned early: if you want your elders or authority figures to listen and possibly consider your argument, then you need to understand both who they are, where they come from intellectually and generationally, and with that knowledge compose an argument they can relate to and receive without feeling like they're being disrespected or losing face. Sort of following and leading them at the same time.

It is very important for young people to realize and remember that the persons of authority they deal with every day had to first endure and mentally/emotionally negotiate many of the same inane red tape forests their students now face in order to achieve their station in life. Identifying with one another across the generational gap requires compromise and respect on both sides.

Being a good, effective leader requires much more than an angry outburst directed at a perceived adversary, threat or social wrong.

The student in the video was too emotional, borderline aggressive and disrespectful of both his teacher's gender and professional position. Angry youth. An angry young man. I've been there, been this student and watched many of my own youthful cries for change ricochet right back at me because I had no idea how to present them. This young man is a student, part of a very structured and bureaucratized organization and regardless of successful youth revolts led in popular movies, reality within the machine functions much differently.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A MUST SEE would have been a student who read the packets and then during class engaged the teacher in discussion about the material, either consistently asking questions or making rational observations about the subject matter.

That would have been the difference between a kid with natural and effective leadership skills and a leader 'wannabe'.

I see the latter all of the time, rarely the former.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i'll just leave this here...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

What a brat.
If the future of his country behave like that, then we're in for more war and violence.
What a self-entitled little *snip*
The only thing it inspired me to do was stop watching the video.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Hey can you provide a link for that that I can use please?

This is perfect thanks.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Hey can you provide a link for that that I can use please?

This is perfect thanks.

you click on the top part of the video where the title is also a link to the actual video on youtube. copy url. done. or right click on the video and hit "copy video url". done.
edit on 13-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: aorAki

No your atitude is begets war and violence those are both old ways of thinking they exist in another paradigm.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrishCream
Gone are the days when teachers got into the profession to change the future, instead we're left with "I teach for summer's off and the gossip in the faculty room"! SMDH

Uh, no those days are not gone. I am a high school teacher and I feel a little insulted by this comment. I LOVE my job. I do it for the rewards and NO, the rewards are not long summer holidays and faculty gossip. I am enthralled by the spark of interest in a pupil's eyes, their excitement when they finally understand a difficult topic, their appreciation for my efforts and their pride in a good test grade which they bring to show me. This year I have had so many of last year's students come to seek me out at school to tell me proudly what their grades were (although I knew already because I looked them up, because I care).

We have to push some students to where they are not confident or comfortable and it is often not a fun experience for either of us, but we both feel great when we finally get there.

I cannot comment on the teacher in the video. I feel that 1 and half minutes is not sufficient for me to comment on the quality of teaching or the ongoing behaviour of this particular student.

I can say that I have experienced a similar attitude from students who will do anything to avoid learning, including blaming my teaching methods, if learning is in any way difficult, not their favourite topic or they are simply not in the mood. I have to tailor my lessons to between 25 and 30 individuals with 25-30 different skill sets, interests, talents, aptitudes, attitudes, work ethics, home situations, teen personal problems, romances and hormones.

All I can say is that I have NEVER handed a class a package and then sat at my desk relaxing. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oh got it thanks.

Was having problems on this ipad I need to fix my computer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join