It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST SEE!! Student frustrated with teacher...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Don't waste your time.

All they see is a driveline selfish child.

They can't see or hear the message or see that there are other deeper underlying issues.

Weather it's with the kids mental health, with the school system which is highly likely, or at home.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

How do you know the rest of the class isn't excited about learning? I didn't see a mass walk out. Hell, NO ONE walked out except this individual. I'd lean towards a less than motivated person here.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: intrepid
I think you missed his point.
He was saying to get the students excited about learning. Not about what they're being taught. There's a method to teaching, besides just dumping it out there, scribbling a few things on a chalkboard and expecting kids to want to learn. You need to actually 'teach' in a stimulating way. Sounds like she makes very little effort. You can hear her not even defending herself.

... What kid actually wants to learn anything? There are kids that go to school just because they have to. And I assume that this kid is one of them because he's in continuation school for being too far behind. There are just some things that won't be very stimulating. And kids need to learn that. Sorry, but your job probably won't ALWAYS be fun. It won't always be stimulating. A lot of teachers don't defend themselves when kids act out like this. There's no point. It's a waste of time to argue with someone who thinks that they know everything. Especially a young adult who thinks they know everything.

I bet this kid wouldn't have been complaining if the teacher put a TV screen in front of their faces.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

Nah.

I believe in dreams I believe in thinking positively I think education can be fun I think people should do what they love for a living.

I feel sorry for you because you don't live in love.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Nah.

I believe in dreams I believe in thinking positively I think education can be fun I think people should do what they love for a living.

Lol. Okay. Thanks for that. : )

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Your welcome.

Maybe one day you'll be happy.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

There's only one type of love that pays the rent and buys food but it's illegal most everywhere. Well developed skills on the other hand come in damn handy. It's worth putting the time and effort on them so as to succeed. No pity needed here.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What if you didn't have to work what would you do then?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't understand the harsh reactions on here! The young man only says 1; ONE cuss word in the entire video! Who cares if it's a "continuation" class or not?! Do you have any idea how many children get shuffled into these types of schools/class rooms simply because the school that our taxes pay for don't want to deal with them?! These children, mostly, learn differently than other kids... as stated by this young man.

Here at ATS we can whine and moan all day long about how screwed up the education system in the USA is, but when confronted with something like this, we choose to kick the kid while he's down. Epic FAIL ATS!

He is 100% on point, if teachers want the students to get excited, then they need to be excited too. Touch their hearts and engage them in the curriculum!! Gone are the days when teachers got into the profession to change the future, instead we're left with "I teach for summer's off and the gossip in the faculty room"! SMDH

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

What if you didn't have to work what would you do then?

Seriously? I'd go back to university. I loved learning.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IrishCream

Absolutely right IrishCream.

Absolutely without a doubt 100% on point.

I keep saying it, in today's world the old ways of thinking are obsolete they aren't working anymore.

Time for change.
edit on 9/13/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Because the child is required to be a certain place at a certain time a majority of their life and they're whining that the time isn't being utilized properly?

Your opinion may make sense until you consider the dollars tax payers pay for that wasted time.

I'm proud this child spoke his mind a a respectful manner. I hope the principal makes a change.

originally posted by: intrepid
Nah, I didn't have to see that. I've seen many know it all kids. That VAST life experience letting them know what is what. Whine, whine. If he thinks he's not being taught, use your brain. Do something. There's this thing out called the Internet? Teach yourself then. Oh wait, that would entail problem resolution. Much harder than whining.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Your welcome.

Maybe one day you'll be happy.

I actually am, but thanks for thinking you know my life.
Sorry I'm too realistic for you.

And also, it's not like I said the school system doesn't need changing... Because it does.
He's right about that. But he went about it the wrong way. And again, I still feel like this video is probably taken out of context.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You enjoy sitting in a classroom having an overpaid professor read a book to you for 1,000x the cost you could have bought it for and read yourself?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You enjoy sitting in a classroom having an overpaid professor read a book to you for 1,000x the cost you could have bought it for and read yourself?

Sure. Maybe this tool should do the same? It's called motivation.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sure. Maybe this tool should do the same? It's called motivation.

Motivation is a large part of what pushes people through school. And work after school. Like I said in a past post, not everything you do will be fun and stimulating. You won't want to do everything you have to do. But you need to do it anyway. If you complained like that at work, you'd be fired.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Nah, I didn't have to see that. I've seen many know it all kids. That VAST life experience letting them know what is what. Whine, whine. If he thinks he's not being taught, use your brain. Do something. There's this thing out called the Internet? Teach yourself then. Oh wait, that would entail problem resolution. Much harder than whining.

Whilst I see your point Trep
I also see the kids point, a part of teaching is IMHO inspiring an individual to greatness, to reach their full potential. Sitting on your backside handing out assignments is hardly inspiring. I think this kid just wants to be challenged.

Yes there is the internet, but real life interaction teaches so much more, I can't count the times I've been at the supermarket and said to the cashier "Eye contact, make eye contact".

They simply weren't taught that basic skill, or that level of self confidence.

That teacher, whilst I have no idea of the syllabus, or what she was teaching was hardly inspiring, "This is my pay cheque", Mrs C is a teacher Trep, it's not a pay cheque my friend.......................It's a vocation, a calling to serve, a will to inspire.

Just my 2 cents

Cody

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I am sooo afraid that the time for change has passed. It's a sad state of affairs for this country's education system. My oldest is done, but only made it out by the skin of his teeth. My middle son wants to get his GED in March after he turns 17 because he just can not seem to stay on top of the ever changing curriculum, rules and regulations. My youngest can't even show his work on his homework pages. I remember when I was in 6th grade if you DIDN'T show your work you were accused of cheating *sigh*.

This video actually gives me a spark of hope that there may actually be some of our youth out there that are refusing to assimilate with the BORG mentality our culture has fallen head-long into!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

Whilst I see your point Trep
I also see the kids point, a part of teaching is IMHO inspiring an individual to greatness, to reach their full potential. Sitting on your backside handing out assignments is hardly inspiring. I think this kid just wants to be challenged.

Yes there is the internet, but real life interaction teaches so much more, I can't count the times I've been at the supermarket and said to the cashier "Eye contact, make eye contact".

They simply weren't taught that basic skill, or that level of self confidence.

That teacher, whilst I have no idea of the syllabus, or what she was teaching was hardly inspiring, "This is my pay cheque", Mrs C is a teacher Trep, it's not a pay cheque my friend.......................It's a vocation, a calling to serve, a will to inspire.

Just my 2 cents

Cody

Quoting you so everyone visiting this thread can read your words again!!!

Way to spell it out Cody, much respect!!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Apologize if it's been posted.

I'm waiting...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join