It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians put a Hex on me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: trollz

Indeed, and there's more, since you mentioned the word church. The word used by Jesus, ..."

Jesus didn't write the Bible. The words in the Bible attributed to Jesus were written multiple generations after Jesus allegedly lived by people who never heard Jesus say a word. In fact, there's not an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus ever lived.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

No, animals do not show compassion, empathy or love. That is what happens when we anthropomorphize them. Since we cannot and do not conclusively know what animals are thinking, we cannot and do not know what they are doing. Evidence is not proof.

Clearly, you have never earned the love of a dog and you also don't seem to know that humans are animals, mammals to be exact. I don't know what YOU'RE thinking.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just so you'll know, Christians don't believe in hexes, nor do they put "hexes" on people. I believe you are thinking about voo-doo.

Also, Christians who are in mainstream Christianity do not speak in "tongues". I think there is a small faction of churches who do this.

I think this has little to do with your substance here, just thought I'd point it out.

It seems you were the subject of multiple superstitions when you were a child. Sorry you experienced all that.
edit on 9/13/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
It seems you were the subject of multiple superstitions when you were a child. Sorry you experienced all that.

Yeah, thanks.

But christianity is a superstition by definition. So maybe your sympathy would be better placed for somebody who actually feeds into this nonsense.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Simple. Gods the Sheppard with a shotgun, looking for any wild wolf going after the sheep, or foxes in the hen house.
Satan's the big bad wolf, while Lucifer his sheppard dog guiding the sheep.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Okay. I see. Obviously I didn't know who I was talking to. @@

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Simple. Gods the Sheppard with a shotgun, looking for any wild wolf going after the sheep, or foxes in the hen house.
Satan's the big bad wolf, while Lucifer his sheppard dog guiding the sheep.

Do they ard sheep?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I read your initial post and must have missed the part where someone put a hex on you. I'll have to assume that you really believed this happened (the other option is to believe you're just seeking attention). If you just want to bash Christians, go for it. Don't add this silly hex stuff that must have been so unimportant that you didn't bother to explain it. Oh, there's one more option: you don't know what hex means. Perhaps you should have looked that up before creating the thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Religion is the pursuit of truth from which science was born. So science nor material objects are evil. What is evil is the pursuit of materialism and greed above all else. Yet one does not have to be religious to mourn the death of children in Iraq etc etc etc for the pursuit of materialism, greed and the mighty USD.

You talk of knowing things that you could not know as a child. Perhaps that's because your belief system as a child was open to everything including magic. As we get older our belief systems is molded by society and that magic dies. So majority of us are just parroting what society wants us to believe. Greater minds can break through those barriers in the search of truth. Others like myself were pushed into religion from having spiritual experiences that could not be explained by our atheist belief model.

btw if you scared of death perhaps mark Twain quote might be of comfort. "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience".
edit on 14 9 2014 by glend because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Idk, but for a religion that based off agriculture, and live stock. It almost fits about right.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

A Buddha could do the same thing, doesn't mean that particular Buddha is the Most High.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: trollz

Indeed, and there's more, since you mentioned the word church. The word used by Jesus, ..."

Jesus didn't write the Bible. The words in the Bible attributed to Jesus were written multiple generations after Jesus allegedly lived by people who never heard Jesus say a word. In fact, there's not an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus ever lived.

Fair enough, but that's a whole different discussion.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Fair enough, completely my fault of course. I do tend to grossly underestimate the basic competence of the indoctrinated to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

Anyway, going by how literally you take a phrase that is not based on reality, I’m guessing you’re a Christian, right?

So assuming that, I already know if I put it to you that your beliefs are ‘supernatural’, you will become defensive and claim religion is in fact not supernatural. Now, go get a dictionary, look up the definition of ‘supernatural’ and then give me one single logical reason as to why religion is not in fact a supernatural belief.

Can you see where I’m going with this? I already know a religious person can not give me any logical reason why there beliefs are not a supernatural, yet they will still be deeply offended and argue that there beliefs are in fact not supernatural! Even though there is no basis of reason whatsoever to make this claim.

Hex, curse, exorcism, slain by the Holy Spirit, etc….. Unless we are talking about a fictional fantasy story, they are all different phrases to describe the exact same thing, which is the ‘power of suggestion’.

You have accused me of just wanting to “bash Christians” for using rational thought and logic to show how ridiculously unrealistic there belief structure is, well ok. But let put this to you, would you be saying the same thing if I was using rational thought and logic to dismiss the claims of someone who comes to this site claiming to have had encounters with extraterrestrials, without any kind of evidence to back it up?

Why is it that on this site (and within society in general) it is considered poor form to even dare to question the beliefs of Christians who make the most outrages claims about their beliefs without any kind of evidence to back it up whatsoever, yet if someone comes out and says they where abducted by aliens, it is considered more than appropriate to hound them for evidence and then totally ridicule them when can’t produce any evidence for their claims?

People who claim to be abducted by aliens are not starting wars based on there beliefs, they are not constantly infringing on the life’s of others and I am pretty damn sure there not brainwashing children and the most vulnerable people within society in there masses to comply with there beliefs, with the threat of eternal damnation!

I’ll admit that some churches are more extreme than others. Some are against talking in tongues or being slain in the Holy Spirit. But, go to just about any church and stand at the back and observe when they go into song, then just watch the masses of vulnerable and easily manipulated people, eyes closed with tears rolling down there cheeks, throwing there hands in the air like there on hard drugs!

The leaders of these churches are fully aware of the influence they have over these people and they use it to the full extent. Don’t be fooled by there benign and innocent appearance, behind closed doors it’s a completely different story. They are power hungry predators!

Watch this short clip of a church youth service and try to tell me there isn’t something wrong going on here. They are using the power of suggestion to induce a state of psychosis into these people and it should be illegal! Humanity is doomed if we just idly stand by and allow people to have there heads messed with like this. It is just sickening and I will not be shamed or silenced into not speaking out about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: bitsforbytes

Faith is the fear of facing ones mortality. I am not afraid of my own mortality, I will die one day and I will be gone forever. I accept that.

I believe in seeking the truth. I believe in what can be touched, seen, measured though mathematics and evaluated though the scientific method. This is where mans only hope lies. Abandoning our ancient beliefs and turning all our energy on advancing the scientific method is the only chance man has of taking control of our own fate.

So mankind has a fate? Resting in the arms of modern science and technology we are to suppose. Even science and technology cannot as of yet answer the question of mortality ultimately though it struggles mightily against mans fear of mortality. And so it is another form of faith, which is another form of fear manifestation, which only promises at this point to answer the question of mans mortality which is really no answer at all to taking control of man's fate.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Mortality- the state of being subject to death.

Your post is a little incoherent, so I’m having some issues understanding what exactly your point is. But I think you are trying to say that science can’t explain why we die, which is obviously just absurd.

More importantly though, if you don’t think science is the answer and the biblical teachings are one true path. Then why not stand by your beliefs with your actions, rather than just preach them.

Why not get rid of all your modern technology and refuse modern medical treatment (don’t laugh, many Christians refuse medical treatment for there children and instead pray to god to heal it), since it is all due to the scientific method.

Why not forego all your materialistic possessions that have come though science? It shouldn't be that much of a sacrifice, what’s a life time of struggle, compared to an eternity of euphoria?

Don’t be a psuedo-Christian, follow the biblical teachings to their word if you think it’s so true. You here Christians always defend themselves by calling themselves ‘moderates’, well that just means your not fully embracing your beliefs and are there for going against god.

Unless you are a fanatic, then you are not really Christian and are only picking and choosing at will what scriptures to follow for your own selfish means. If god were real he would punish you more than the people who simply don’t believe at all.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Excel lante'!

Sub

I read your initial post and must have missed the part where someone put a hex on you. I'll have to assume that you really believed this happened (the other option is to believe you're just seeking attention). If you just want to bash Christians, go for it. Don't add this silly hex stuff that must have been so unimportant that you didn't bother to explain it. Oh, there's one more option: you don't know what hex means. Perhaps you should have looked that up before creating the thread.

By this you discern Tan is a Christian?
edit on Ram91414v162014u30 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

So where's that evidence, all i can see is a whole lot of assumptions. It's just biblical philosophy at best and proves nothing.

20 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

Mortality- the state of being subject to death.

Your post is a little incoherent, so I’m having some issues understanding what exactly your point is. But I think you are trying to say that science can’t explain why we die, which is obviously just absurd.

Its all there. Sometimes a soul just has to set down and digest while they read. It doesn't all get served up like a mac and chezz dinner.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: AlephBet

So where's that evidence, all i can see is a whole lot of assumptions. It's just biblical philosophy at best and proves nothing.

20 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

For petes sake man! Do you want to engage in a conversation or just dump? "20 seconds of my life I will never get back". Like I have time to waste helping you untangle your dysfunction!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So where's that evidence,

I have to do it!

Where's the evidence of your hex?

Sorry!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join