It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Police Being Armed to the Teeth? Senators Ask

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

The line between "Peacekeeping force" and "Army" is blurry. It changes in an instant.

True enough. And though true, in this case, I recall it was several days before the local police came out with all the weaponry, plenty of time to have called in the Guard. I agree that local police need protective and stabilizing enforcements but I also think that a line is being crossed by arming them to this degree. It is turning them into an army not only in the minds of the citizens but themselves as well. They are police and not an army.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Honestly I think the national guard would have done a better job.

They are better trained and less aggressive.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: onequestion

Holy crap. I'd rather be shot with almost any modern rifle over a musketball any day. Anything that tumbles is not good for your internal organs. They chew you up inside. Give me a clean in and out shot. At least that way if it is a fatal shot, it'll be a quick death, and if it isn't, I'll recover. I'd prefer not to be hit by a .50 caliber bullet. At least leave my mother something to look at during the funeral. ;p

Any revolutionary needs to learn from Sun Tzu. Avoid their armies, ok? While they are setting up out in the field for battle, go around them and take the city through economics and propaganda. This is a much better way to wage war.

5.56 bullets are ass heavy, they tumble when entering the target, also sometimes shatter when hitting bone, so a musket ball, a lot slower, is a bit more preferable.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Since the military seems to be winding down its operations of delivering enduring freedom to far flung lands, perhaps they are just wanting to make sure that some freedom gets delivered at home, too?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hopefully Congress will require some disarmament. At that point citizens can be allowed to make sure police comply. Dreams of citizens stopping police and doing random searches and also warrantless searches of their stations.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I love how the OP refers to police as morons. Thanks for the typical blankent ad hominem attack. I wouldn't expect anything less from many ATS members.

Have we even verified that any police department has actually received or using bayonets? I sure haven't seen any. I will have to do a little research on it though.

Senator McCaskill has been called out on her lack of investigation skills (or lies).

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 13-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
www.kcra.com...

City manager states that the police department did not want, order, or receive bayonets.

He did state that knives were requested to cut down marijuana plants being grown illegally on farms.

No bayonets though...

I think I have lost most of my faith in ATS.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to differentiate between this site and Info Wars.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I couldn't believe it either and checked out the evidence.

According to NPR there are some 11,959 bayonets that have been received by police forces.

The information is yielded from FOIA and they have a Google drive site that includes the data. I've just scrolled/skimmed through 2 folders and didn't find the bayonet info although that isn't to say it isn't in there.

If it's true, I find it hard to picture a civil disturbance that would justify bayonets.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah I agree that bayonets have no place in law enforcement.

I have not seen a police department that posesses or uses bayonets. I understand the documents say they were sent out but until I see police departments with them I won't believe it.

I say that because similar false claims have been made towards my county's sheriff's department. Bloggers and journalists released articles stating that they received Apache helicopters for the aviation unit from the 1033 program. Of course these claims were absolutely debunked by Sheriff Ivey.

spacecoastdaily.com...

Needless to say I don't trust people on the net. They create and edit documents and pass along false information to get a rise in people.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I share the same view.

A section of the internet would believe a blogger who said the police had nuclear weaponry.

At the same time, NPR aren't one of those crazy sites so I'll have to suspend judgement and see if anyone brings a credible confirmation either way.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Completely understood and if proof surfaces that some departments are using bayonets I will be the first to email their respective chiefs and sheriffs to share my displeasure.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join