It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

modern cinema: enjoyable?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I do not enjoy going to the movies.

Major Hollywood productions are obviously very rich in all kinds of hidden meanings and whatnot, and that is very interesting. But the vehicle is at this point almost unbearable, it insults my senses. I recently watched X-Men: Days of Future Past and Guardians of the Galaxy. These kinds of movies are to me blatantly for the purpose of desensitizing people. Constant pounding bass and noise. Not only is there blatant conditioning of the subversive kind, the atmosphere is to me similar to how it feels to travel into a big city, and not the calm or beautiful parts of it but rather to stand in the middle of the spot with the most dense traffic and exhaust gas, eating junk food, with the most decadent "culture" such a nightclubs and brothels surrounding you, wrapping paper of junk food, cigarette butts and empty beer cans, injection needles, condoms, urine and vomit as far as the eye can see. The music on the radio these days is the same. I do believe this is done on purpose, and, I hope, ultimately for the greater good. But it is amazing how people are blind to it. I felt this constantly as I was growing up, and was pretty much alone in doing so. Only as an adult have I come to insight into what I was sensing, and that I was the sane one.

This is what pretty much all music on mainstream radio sounds like these days, with minor variation:

edit on 20930Sat, 13 Sep 2014 05:20:55 -0500201455pAmerica/Chicago2014-09-13T05:20:55-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well I can't disagree with you more on Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought it was a highly entertaining film, and one of the best Marvel films I've ever seen.

Can't comment on X-Men as I haven't seen it - they went downhill after the second film, and I gave up. DOn't even get me started on the Wolverine.

Look at films like Inception. Thought provoking, interesting, and pretty original, which is hard for a film to be in this day and age. Christopher Nolan's upcoming 'Interstellar' also looks like it could be a fantastic film.

With regards to your comments about pounding bass, and the state of music on the radio these days - you've outgrown them. That kind of music isn't for you anymore. My generation was brought up on Pac Man, Manic Miner, and Jet Set Willy. These were games with trippy, electronic, midi music. THAT'S when the conditioning happened. Electronic music was born from the gaming world, and it's very popular.

To me, some of it is just noise, but there's a lot of electronic music that you can really dance to.

Anyway...

If you're finding it hard to find modern films to enjoy, then I truly believe you aren't looking hard enough. If you want something really modern, and pretentious check out 'Upstream Color'.

Peace
edit on 13-9-2014 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Thinking your'e alone with these thoughts is far from the truth. EVERYONE I know is pulling away from MSM TV and Movies are not what they used to be to most people, especially the younger generation, the allure is still there for baby boomers and older, but even they are complaining about the repetitive trash on TV and in theaters and on the radio. The new way to get your media is from a cell-phone or a computer connected to the internet. That way you don't pay 20 bucks for a ticket and popcorn and end up ripped off.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

So why didn't guardians use modern music then?

You placed that movie and modern music in the same vein, yet guardians went with 70's and 80's music.

Does that not contradict what you're saying?

edit on 13-9-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I don't go to the cinema. I download my movies and watch them at home or stream them via internet.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

So why didn't guardians use modern music then?

You placed that movie and modern music in the same vein, yet guardians went with 70's and 80's music.

Does that not contradict what you're saying?

That's a good point, dude. I chuffing loved Guardians of the Galaxy. The soundtrack made it even better! I really hope they make a couple more in that series, but i'm pretty worried that they're going to bring back Howard the Duck

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Greetings- I for One appreciate the 'no holds barred' critique and because of it, will stay away for another 25 years. My dread was either losing a flip-flop to a strewn Ju-Ju Bee™ or MilkDud™ or muttering to some "tool" that is talking on a cell phone. Here in Tampa, Flori-Duh We had a moviegoer shoot another over a cellphone call..

I guess I'll try the smaller movie house. There is one down the road that only costs .25¢ and No kids are allowed..

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I prefer the comfort of my own home over the flicks any day of the week. Food doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I can smoke and drink what ever I like without fear of some spotty 17 year old ushers intervention. And should any moron decide to interrupt the movie buy being an arse I can kindly show him/her the door at my own discretion and leisure.

That being said i really have to plan a trip to the flicks rather soon considering there is not one half decent copy of Guardians of The Galaxy doing the rounds on the net!

edit on 13-9-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Thundersmurf

Very well written and I agree with most of what you said.

My only point of contention: Winter Soldier was the superior film; Guardians a very close second.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist
I do not enjoy going to the movies.

Major Hollywood productions are obviously very rich in all kinds of hidden meanings and whatnot, and that is very interesting. But the vehicle is at this point almost unbearable, it insults my senses. I recently watched X-Men: Days of Future Past and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Besides these two pictures, how many other films have you gone to see recently?

Both of the flics you mention delivered exactly as advertised.

If you go to see movies based on comic books, don't expect anything different.

edit on -05:0014149562014-09-13T07:56:14-05:00 by Psynic because: quote reduction

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Thundersmurf

a reply to: AlphaHawk

Thanks for your input. This is very interesting. I do think that this is not at all black and white, but rather about a gradual evolution, and it's a very broad subject. It's relative. I have been thinking about this quite a bit. It appears to me that evolution is towards ever lower vibration, ever less spiritual etc. I see this in everything. I have been writing notes about it that I might post some time. The main thing I'm thinking about right now is how much of the gradual degeneration is deliberate and planning, and how much is a force of nature. I do think it has a lot to do with Jews and their role in the world, whatever a Jew is, which I'm not totally sure of. Karl Marx talked about a "vanguard party" being a kind of trail blazer in society, pushing the rest of humanity forward in a constant state of revolution, which I think is closely related to the Jews' role in the world, but I'm not sure how much is deliberate and how much is a side-effect of actions with other intentions. Might be a gradient.

Here are a number of interesting things related to all this:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1410608710&sr=8-4&keywords=secret+history+rock+roll

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410612791&sr=1-1&keywords=libido+dominandi

www.culturewars.com...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410612849&sr=1-1&keywords=de generate+moderns

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1410612989&sr=1-1&keywords=jewish+revolu tionary+spirit

www.culturewars.com...

But maybe we need contrast. Maybe we need Nicki Minaj to recognize the brilliance of Mozart. And maybe you need to dumb down a bunch of people into slaves using Nicki Minaj in order to be able to afford symphonic orchestras playing classical composers. Somebody's got to do the dirty work. Like you need to have child slaves in China to have an iphone or a laptop.

The whole thing seems to be related to "the rise and fall of civilization", something I think a lot about.

a reply to: nrd101

I do not think I'm alone. But growing up I was quite alone. It manifested as not fitting in, being viewed as disordered, having low social skills or emotional intelligence etc. All of which I'm grateful for.

The reason I posted this thread is because when I walked out from those two movies I noticed how I felt drained. Almost beaten up. Somewhat irritated and low vibration. It felt like walking out of a night club or having a hangover. I was disgusted. Similar to the feeling I get when I eat at McDonalds. I take this as a good sign.
edit on 26930Sat, 13 Sep 2014 08:26:51 -0500201451pAmerica/Chicago2014-09-13T08:26:51-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I haven't watched a movie in a couple years because I get too worked up over those things lol

There are people who's job is to make sure the film meets the maximum audience (sheeple) reaction possible. They will recommend adding in that obnoxious bass drop like in every movie. Or maybe throw in a couple subliminals, who knows?

Re-watching Breaking Bad right now because it's the only thing I don't feel insulted or mocked by watching.

After watching all of Kubric's stuff there's not many other movies I find genuinely well put together.
Jurassic park was my sh*t tho back in the day. American Psycho and Bladerunner were awesome.

Sometime between then and now, Cinema became a way to milk a fortune from the masses.
It seems barely an art form any longer.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this in relation to Muslims and Christians. I see an attitude among Muslim immigrants in my country toward the natives that is that they are so immoral and degenerate. But they seem to think it's all a free choice, and that conditioning has no role in it. These are the same people that hate Jews. Anyway, this is a big subject that I've written about elsewhere. Just thought it was an interesting connection.
edit on 31930Sat, 13 Sep 2014 08:31:24 -0500201424pAmerica/Chicago2014-09-13T08:31:24-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Chainz

I have my theory that cinema is very similar to the Catholic Church. Wrote about it in a thread that was not very popular:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just plain sick of super hero movies. Enough is enough already.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't go impaired to the movies... However there are many songs I never liked until I went out and heard them as a drunkard at a club with wonderful speakers.

You may be showing your age. This is a timeless complaint . You've just joined that group

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I kind of agree with you about movies in general. One of the last movies I saw in a theater was the Batman movie with Heath Ledger. I walked out when people were cheering as Batman is beating the joker, who is already in custody, to obtain information. Sorry, but I'm old fashioned and I do not believe in torture. I like to think that we, the United States, are above our enemies: fighting to defend the innocent, fighting to protect those who cannot protect themselves and above all holding ourselves to a higher standard.

Cinema does what it does to glorify violence, and serves to desensitize us to everything but popular culture. I can't necessarily bring myself to participate in this type of endeavor. It actually bothers my conscience.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
You may be showing your age. This is a timeless complaint . You've just joined that group
That's an interesting statement. When I was in elementary school I was said to be like an old man. If the evolution is continuous degeneration then it might be natural that it takes some years before you notice it. I never fit in though so this is probably not that with me. I was never on the inside. Which is a blessing when you see all the filth. It took a while before I realized it though, at first I just thought I had mental problems.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Making generalizations about the state of the film industry based on having been to two movies in a year, both of them based on super hero comic books, is absurd.

Hollywood and Washington work together to produce propaganda designed to keep the masses in check.

The President of the Motion Picture Association of America, which represents all the major studios in Washington, is none other than former Sandy Hook Senator, Christopher J. Dodds.

That should tell you something.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I very rarely go see movies. It's a fun time, but it's too expensive, and i don't like the distractions that come with sitting in a theater and seeing a movie. There's a few that are coming out soon, or are out that I want to see, though.

I usually only see movies that are based on books or comic books, so no biggy on my end that it's repetitive in that sense. I read a lot and I'm a glutton for pain or something because the book is always better than the movie, yet I keep seeing the movies.

On a not book or comic book related note though, Box Trolls and The Book of Life both look really good.

.... Yes I still like animated movies. Don't judge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join