It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Employees Upset Over New "Dress Code"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: desertguy
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I would like for someone to post and honestly tell me that they DO NOT have a blue shirt in their closet right now. It's not that big of a thing to bitch about IMO. other places have been doing it since they existed.

I don't have a blue shirt in the closet. In fact all I have is black tees and green camoflage pants. See with a PHd I can' work at most gigs, especially lower totem poles like Walmart. I'll keep my closet as is, enjoying my retirement that was forced upon me at age 27.
edit on 13-9-2014 by ArchPlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I have never worked at Walmart, but I have worked at other retail stores. There's no denying that Walmart has some questionable practices towards employees (like no sick pay), but when it comes to their wages, they are better than many of their competitors.

Using them as the poster child for low wages is simply uninformed and unfair.

This is current data from payscale.com

Depends on where you are at location wise. Don't forget Walmart has no upward mobility within the company and has a big problem promoting women higher up. Previous lawsuits can attest to their discriminative tactics.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Thefarmer
Wow, that sounds like a kickass setup you got there. It's a keeper in my book

Yes most definitly a keeper pal

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

No, not a foundry worker. I should clarify that he doesn't manufacture the turbine parts; he travels and physically helps build the turbines on the turbine farms. He's a Wind Turbine Tech that runs the cables that make them work. He also send some gorgeous pics from the tops of them

(post by mememe1130 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Jeans used to last forever, once the knees started getting holes, cutoffs for the summer.

You wear JORTS!?!? In public!?!?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
every job i ever had i was required to provide my own tools and the appropriate clothing, even in the United States Marine Corps i had to buy my own uniforms.

people that work for walmart ort to know better considering all the news , report about how they treat their employees.
you chose to apply for a job there, when they make rules or require you to wear certain clothing you shouldn't fuss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join