It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS is glorifying their religion by various ways, so what's wrong it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Interesting thread
Guy says ISIS is doing the right thing, by page three everybody is telling him feel free to express himself
Back somewhere on page two maybe, one person says muslims worldwide are ashamed of ISIS
I do not believe that
on page 4 and 5 some posters also suggest that muslims should call out ISIS as not representing their religion
But these people aren't muslim hmmmm

So...as we can all see obviously many in the Islamic faith support at least some of ISIS ideals or are curious to watch what they become
Because if by whatever means a new Strong Caliphate emerges then Prophet Muhamed's followers will feel exonerated
The religion of peace will carve itself back into a powerful national postion one piece of the M.E. at a time

X

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: Ujwaleshwar123456789

They are the Westboro Baptist church of the Islam world. Nearly all Muslims are ashamed of them and do not consider them Muslim.

Now That would be a ppv to watch. ISIS Vs WBC to see who is the most intolerant. I see a ratings bonanza.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

However, I would honestly like to see the OP try and defend the killing children.

I can't speak for them of course, but I don't think he or she is trying to defend it - I think they're trying their best to explain it

They use Abu Ghraib as a kind of explanation. If you think about it for just half a minute you might realize that torture and imprisonment without due process might make some folks angry to the point of barbarity. We live a world without rules - apparently. As we in the West begin to lose our own sense of balance, it shouldn't be much of a surprise when the rest of the world adjusts accordingly

Syrian regime document trove shows evidence of 'industrial scale' killing of detainees

Syrian government officials could face war crimes charges in the light of a huge cache of evidence smuggled out of the country showing the "systematic killing" of about 11,000 detainees, according to three eminent international lawyers.

Survivors Of Syria's Torture Chambers Describe Horror

As for trying to create this bogus caliphate in the name of a god - the only thing I can muster is a tired: whatever. If you want to understand what goes into making people behave inhumanely, it helps to be honest and realize monsters can be created - by other monsters. You don't have to be sympathetic - I admit it's difficult if not downright impossible. But, there are reasons for everything

I won't call anyone a "troll" even if I think they are.

I'm not sure it makes any difference whether they are or not :-) Some of the better discussions I've seen were started by trolls
edit on 9/13/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Well said.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
To take this thread to its logical conclusion, if everyone has the moral high ground then no one does. Where does that leave this world? As we have seen over and over, we will never get every single country in the world to agree on any single action. Even a majority will likely be difficult. So how do we ever stop any atrocities that are going on anywhere in the world?

Having grown up in one of the toughest inner cities in the US, I know that the mealy mouthed ivory tower stuff thrown around ATS doesn't work in the real world. In the real world there are sometimes people who are out to get you. And the only thing that stops them is your strength.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

So your saying in short
That due to America's atrocities in the M.E. the Islamic State is slightly justified in Killing tens of thousands of Syrians and Iraqi's to gain power and then they will equal the score with America
And to date they have beheded two americans and one brit?

That kinda revenge might be overkill, not sure exactly how you justify that.
I'm pretty sure the dead in Iraq and Syria would probably disagree if they could

X

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ujwaleshwar123456789

WOW 22 posts in 9 days. all of them about as much thought put into as this one. Some a LITTLE more.
And some the English is surprisingly good. Interesting.
This thread did give me a laugh at least, subject aside.

ETA. Not sure why my text is in the quote box? hmm...

edit on 9 14 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9 14 2014 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

I can see that that's what you want to believe I'm saying

No - that's not what I'm saying

If you want to understand people, and understand why they do the things they do - there are reasons if you look

There was a lot of different things that went into making up this group - a group so violent and so vile that even al-Qaeda thinks they're too extreme. How did they happen? You don't wonder?

At the same time, sometimes we are our own worst enemy. We contribute to our own problems - we have an effect and influence events

Why would understanding these things justify anything - let alone ISIS?

edit on 9/14/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

ISIS is a puppet apparatus created (inadvertently and through negligence) buy the west trying to topple Asad and twist the Arab region into more divisions only it back fired and now you get a bunch of psychopaths trying to take control of the region and implement their hard lined religion which shares only a name with the real religion of Islam.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Personally, the quran does not preach peace and therefore does not benefit humanity. Any such belief should be purged from humanity like a cancer. There is nothing glorifying about beheading children. Jihad has become a synonym for chicken sh1t behavior and tactics.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ujwaleshwar123456789
i just find wikipedia article on ISIS, it says Main Goal is : ISIS seeks the establishment of a caliphate.
ISIS is glorifying their religion by various ways, so what's wrong it?

Nothing wrong in spreading religion but religion never tells killing and looting. Killers are looters are not spreading religion but hate.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Maybe if you were less cryptic in your questions OP, people could respond better. If you are asking "What's wrong with chopping off people's heads if it's within your belief system," then yea.. you will probably get some nasty responses.

As far as losing your job, unless you foolishly told someone that your online moniker is you.. no worries. Although, with the "Eh.. it's your religion.. cutting of people's heads, raping, and murdering people is OK if you really believe in your beliefs" idea.. I wouldn't blame anyone for firing you. If that is really your opinion. In my mind, I don't care how devout you are.. if you advocate making innocents suffer because they don't share your beliefs, you are evil and wrong and should be crushed.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Ummm...I have a question for you OP...and one for those posting in your thread...............For you OP...why are you scamming these people with your obvious false linguistic handicap.....hmmm?

FOR those posting..............why did you all fall so easily for this laughably inept attempt...?

Please consider these questions purely rhetorical...

This thread should be in the joke forum...............except it's not funny...not really...so perhaps skunk works would "fill the bill".

Played by pro's...posing as amatures...

No...not really so hilarious after all....is it?

YouSir
edit on 14-9-2014 by YouSir because: of that pesky...H

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
WTF did I just read through and why did I find myself unable to leave this thread until I had reached the end?
Sweet baby Jesus...what a waste of time.

.....(I think OP is having a field day with some of ya'll)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Are the questions or answers less interesting or less valid - whether the OP is for real or not?

:-)

Sometimes the play's the thing

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join