It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Leadership of ISIS Opposition Wiped Out by 'Unexplained' Explosion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Nearly fifty senior commanders of a major coalition of Islamic 'moderates' opposed to ISIS in Syria have been killed by an explosion at their secret command bunker as they met to discuss strategy against the the Islamic State.

The blast in the Northwest region of Idlib, Syria on Tuesday killed senior members of rebel group the Ahrar-al-Sham brigade (AaS), including leader Hassan Abboud and 45 others including senior members from other rebel alliance groups, reports The Times. The Idlib region stands in AaS territory, but it is close to the front-line with ISIS in neighbouring Aleppo.

Entire Leadership of ISIS Opposition Wiped Out by 'Unexplained' Explosion

Wow, that is a bit strange that somehow ISIS was able to find where this secret meeting was taking place and they had the resources to destroy the "secret command bunker". This only strengthens ISIS which would also benefit some other groups who are not directly related to ISIS but who want to take advantage of the chaos ISIS is causing and will continue to cause.

Even thou we do not know the source of the blast yet, whether it was a suicide bomber, or whether it was "an accidental explosion", or whatever caused it. This is extremely lucky for ISIS that it happened as this explosion took out several high ranking members of groups opposing ISIS and is a big drawback for the Islamic moderates.

edit on 12-9-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

What a coincidence!
Well with them gaining more and more control of Syria it will be easier for the US to invade unobstructed now. Less people the US government has to argue with. . .
edit on 9/12/2014 by AnteBellum because: clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Someone who was working for ISIS (double agent) the whole time strapped on a bomb, and let it loose when everyone sat down. It makes perfect sense to me. That's the problem with funding moderates, like Obama says that he is going to do...how do you know their real agenda?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
well it sure is fishy, EU, many things come to mind

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

What a coincidence!
Well with them in control of Syria it will be easier for the US to invade unobstructed now. Less people the US government has to argue with. . .

That was one of my thoughts, although there could be other reasons.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

It could be possible, but the thing is these rebel groups do not trust strangers, and only the most trusted are normally allowed in this type of meetings.

I would like to know what type of bunker this was, and pictures might give us a better understanding of the situation, but that is probably not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maybe they used MK Ultra for something good for a change!

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Fine I'll say it!...

Are you sure that good old America wasn't behind this to weaken ISIS opposition and allow the situation to worsen and then justify further intervention into this conflict and the middle east... you don't appear to have touched on it and it could be possible?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

Posted this in another thread, but it applies here.

I wouldn't put anything past highly secretive agencies like the CIA, DIA, or Mossad. Israel and the US want to push this aggressive agenda in the Middle East despite Obama's attemt to sound hesitant when using military force. Who bennefits in the endgame? Defense corporations and their investors. Most of whom are politicians.

Follow the money and things become a little more clear.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Have you forgotten that they are at war with Assad's regime as well? Why would ISIS be anyone's first guess?

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well these guys are fighting ISIS, Assad, the Kurds/FSA and some other radical groups of whom are all also fighting each other. So it could have been anyone, alhough for the moment ISIS seems to be everyones short term focus. Long term once ISIS is done with the FSA/Kurds, Assad and the other radical groups will all go back to fighting each other.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yea, what a coincidence..............

This happens right after 'Russia Warns US Against Strikes on ISIS in Syria'. Now I bet the US gets a welcoming party in Syria.

It's almost as if ISIS does exactly what the US wants...........................
edit on 12-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good thread, really interesting possibilities here.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's like someone just hit the "delete" button. Obama knew where they were all along. Bo never leaves the yard and neither does ISIS.

edit on 12-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg
Fine I'll say it!...

Are you sure that good old America wasn't behind this to weaken ISIS opposition and allow the situation to worsen and then justify further intervention into this conflict and the middle east... you don't appear to have touched on it and it could be possible?

that crossed my mind

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
And Obama wants to ally with this rabble.

All he will do is get them slaughtered when the US aren’t bombing ISIL

What happens when ISIL starts slaughtering these so called ”allies” on the ground?
And America isn’t there with troops?

They will end up being allies in the ground.

link   
This sounds a bit suspicious.

With the recent ISIS "threats" etc., I wonder why they would even have that many "Leaders" in one place?

This could be a "False-Flag" that may not have even happened.

The "enemies" think they're dead, but the "Leaders" will continue to "Lead" through other proxies.

Could be a strategy.

link   
a reply to: eisegesis

seriously, what are the chances this happens at this moment in time, really odd

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Trying to decide who the good guys in Syria are is like trying to decide who isn’t a whore in a brothel

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Now we know what the cost was to get Assad's blessing to bomb the (*^& outta ISIS. a reply to: ElectricUniverse

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join