It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you ever won a prize, draw a winning ticket? Tell us about it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Too many to mention really! To say been rather lucky with general prizes and winning certain contests, the lotto not so much. I've won in a lot of random drawings after buying a ticket or adding my name to a submission. Speaking o Easter, I had never found the golden egg. With that I'd only win first or other in most coloring contests.
edit on 13-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
In the UK we have a big radio station called radio one. Every Friday night there used to be a show presented by a dj called pete tong. He ran a competition called the train spotter competition. You had to identify a piece of music from the first couple of bars. I had the station number on my speed dial. When I heard the track I immediately phoned in. I won a ton loads of prizes. The post man came two days in a row with prizes. I won a skateboard,tickets to festivals and other gigs, a run DMC box set of vinyl and countless other albums.
I was on the phone within seconds when I heard the intro. It was this track.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
ummm..
I was the valedictorian of a kindergarten school and I didn't even participate in half of it. I was just bashful, I didn't care about the award. I didn't like being glorified for being able to read.

For some reason there was no A B Honor roll at my school, and I got denied it every year by one B up until 6th grade when my grades started declining. I did win an art contest to design something for a t-shirt having to do with reading books. I got the t-shirt in a frame with my own signature. Big whoop, I didn't care about that either. I did it the day before it was due in an hour. I didn't even like it, I thought it was bad.

I won many trophies over the years in tae-kwon-do. I was tall and had long legs. they sorted us to age/height, but they couldn't compete. I had an unfair advantage. I was denied 1st place in the international by a girl that was just as lanky as me. That was actually probably the most thrilling not to mention shocking trophy I ever received.

I've won 1st places and best in shows at my schools for my art, but never in a big cross-school competition.
I'm on the Dean's list and in NSCS, but I've never actually won anything I could use or actually benefit from excluding Easter egg hunts and various things in videogames.

I've never gambled
Cept for that one time I snagged a small fish in the face by dangling the skin from lost bait right below the surface off the end of a pier. My proudest award. I just cast it back out but I didn't get any bites. It eventually got decapitated. I felt bad about it, but at least I caught the one. Just wish I didn't kill it for nothing more than its catch.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I very rarely ever go to a gambling place anymore, but, One time I only had 10 dollars to my name. I walked into a gambling place(video poker, etc.). I put my ten bucks in a video machine and max-bet. The very last bet that I had, hit big and I won over $800.00 bucks. I felt like Superman when I walked out of there.

Another time, I was in a bar and they had this poker machine there, so I sat down at it while having a beer. It hit and I won almost $1200.00. I bought a round for everybody, then left. Again, feeling like Superman.

Another time, I stopped to get gas and decided to buy me a scratch-off lottery ticket. It was a Keno($2). It hit $100.00.

*I've always been lucky when it comes to stuff like that. I do play the Powerball every once in a while but only win $2.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
3 times I've won drawings, and all three times, I somehow knew that I was going to win them.
The first time I was in either 5th or 6th grade, and was at a vacation bible school in the summer. At the end of the week, they had a drawing for a new mountain bike. As we all stood in anticipation of the drawing, I just knew that my name was going to be called. Sure enough, I won the brand new bike!

The second time, I entered a giveaway for a charity (donate money, be entered to win a prize). I donated, and as soon as I did, I knew that I won the prize. Later that afternoon, they announced that I was indeed the winner. I won a sock monkey hat from Misha Collins (Castiel on Supernatural)

The third time was a pair of Black Keys concert tickets. I knew as soon as I dialed the number to the radio station that the tickets were mine.

Pretty cool stuff, I just wish I could know when I'm going to win the lottery!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
I've won $750 and $250 prizes at bingo, both on a 'double six-pack' game. Several times i have won $100 lottery scratcher games. Once i won 3rd row, center stage tickets to a Reba McEntire concert. Sold those to a friend for $100. I once won a tin of cookies at a company christmas dinner. Oh, and when i was around 10, i won a halloween costume contest as the most original costume. I went as 'Mammy Yokum' from the Lil Abner comic strip. The prize was 3 pounds of candy.

It is great fun to scratch yourself a nice prize but do you think to have won more than you have paid for lottery/sctatch tickets?

Thx for your story

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I must be unlucky...
I do the UK lotto twice a week and the Euro lotto also and I have not had a single number come up for the last two years...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
In the UK we have a big radio station called radio one. Every Friday night there used to be a show presented by a dj called pete tong. He ran a competition called the train spotter competition. You had to identify a piece of music from the first couple of bars. I had the station number on my speed dial. When I heard the track I immediately phoned in. I won a ton loads of prizes. The post man came two days in a row with prizes. I won a skateboard,tickets to festivals and other gigs, a run DMC box set of vinyl and countless other albums.
I was on the phone within seconds when I heard the intro. It was this track.

That's a clever one.. I will keep that in mind because here in The Netherlands we have simular radio programs and while at work we often have the station on which have such contests. Keep the number on speed dial.. Always one of the first if not the first to call in..

You actually won a prize.. I will share my prize with yours if you do the same..!!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A while back the power ball was at something like 350 million. I got the five numbers but missed the powerball. I was all exciting thinking that the five numbers would get me something like $100,000 but it was only a $100 win. I couldn't believe it! FIVE NUMBERS only $100. ARGH!

Oh ... we won a big flat screen HD TV this summer. The local pet shop had a drawing and we had put our names in. YAHOO! Free big flat screen HD tv.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Trash from "litter-bugs" often ends up on my front lawn; empty cigarette boxes, paper coffee cups, tissues, etc. When it's time to mow the lawn I will pick up the trash before getting the mower fired up. Once, back in 2011, I found a discarded scratch ticket among some other rubbish; just so happens that ticket was a $2,000 winner!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

This is good, and the way to do it.... This guy has won the lottery and is introducing the change of life slowly and carefully to his children... Wow, what a dad.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join