It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT URGENT - questions about ISIS Savages.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte All human beings are basically the same when it comes to psychological makeup? Wait.. Do you mean when they're born? If that's the case ill agree. But humans go through such different experiences they don't and cannot turn out the same. For #s sake do you realize what you're saying? Everything else you said was totally valid and made sense to me. That statement made no sense at all though. Am I missing the point or what?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

All human beings are basically the same when it comes to psychological makeup? Wait..

No I mean physiologically - and therefore psychologically - were all wired the same. It was a psychoanalytic/neuroscience reference to how our minds are organized by the same common principles; a need for a secure attachment; dissociation as a way to "hold off" dysregulating bodily affect. etc. Were all going through this. Were all subject to unconscious processes that frame our awareness.

Belief, although not all the same and definitely not equal - a cognitive function of our human consciousness - serves to constrain and control the mayhem of negative emotions.

This is what I meant in saying that human beings are all alike. Ultimately, this is the 'level' of knowledge more of us need to come to accept. There is no comparison here; theology is baseless, as are all "revelatory" belief systems (belief systems that depend on some exogenous "revelation" to humankind). Whereas a patient and wise empiricism will show us what we need to see.

Were wise enough to know, when were aware, not to act in ways that will lead to destructive/ill adaptive consequences.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: championoftruth

here is a link which touches on some of the logistics challenges that ISIS-ISIL addresses

www.timesofisrael.com...

As I read the piece of info on the IS....
I was surprised that IS-ISIL is conducting strategies for their organizations continued status/power/foot print in the middle east

it seems that there are IS 'agents' in southern Syria....around the Golan Heights that borders Israel...
These non-fighters go around villages & communities passing out monies or supplies to family households....

these IS Agents are not much different than the pre-Presidental stint as a 'community organizer' who went and glad-handed voters in the community so that in a future circumstance ACORN or Obama himself as the 'organizer' would 'call-in' the favors he fronted the various families that received benefits from his 'organizer gifts'

IS-ISIL has dozens of these Obama like community organizers gifting Golan Heights households today for a pay-back when IS-ISIS comes for repayment ....

heres a snip from the link

...and Islamic State have fought a number of fierce battles in Syria.

“There are sleeper cells in the south, which are hidden. They don’t do anything [military] at all,” the spokesman said of IS. “Many people [in the moderate Syrian opposition] are following them and will strike at them before they organize.”

According to the intelligence agency of the Free Syrian Army, Islamic State activists would approach individuals in the area, offering them basic food staples or financial aid.

“They say: ‘Stay at home, no one will know about you. The moment we need you, we’ll call.’” The spokesman said that many locals refused the IS overtures, but that could change given the region’s grave poverty.

Prices have skyrocketed recently, he added, with a liter of diesel fuel costing $15, for example.

Two villages where IS representatives made such proposals are Hayt and Sahem Al-Jawlan, near the Syrian-Jordanian border, the spokesman said.

“They were sent by the Islamic State to control the largest portion of land possible,” he said. “We are against them wholeheartedly. They have nothing to do with Islam, which they merely use as a cover.”

Eyal Zisser, an expert on Syria at Tel Aviv University, said he was unaware of the IS presence in southern Syria, but was not surprised by the new information....

Read more: Islamic State secretly near Israel border, Syrian rebel group says | The Times of Israel www.timesofisrael.com...
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

IS-ISIL= a Caliphate---> intent on building a permanent rogue state & gaining popular support in the lands they are eyeing to take over

Obama & the Muslim Brotherhood know this, but will intentionally drag the coalitions feet on subduing & defeating IS-ISIL

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

What he did is give them credit where there is no credit to be had. This is why many people say Syria and NOT the Levant.

ISIS calls themselves the Islamic State now - but formerly named themselves the Islamic State of Iraq and "ash-Shaam". Shaam IS more than just Syria but people are torn between saying Syria (since ash-Shaam means a greater Syria) or the Levant.

What they named themselves is what they WANT to be. en.wikipedia.org...

That said, at best they have a small portion of Iraq and Syria - so the reality is not their goal. They want it all. I will call them by ISIS (or Daesh) either/or by saying the initials and not the words, because it denies them what they want, and that is recognition and legitimacy.

What Obama gave them, was state recognition which in turn provides an air of legitimacy. I disagree with doing that - they are terrorists and nothing more.

edit on 16-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am either talking over peoples heads

or I am already fallen into one of my schizophrenic moods....unrecognized by myself

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
What they named themselves is what they WANT to be. en.wikipedia.org...

That said, at best they have a small portion of Iraq and Syria - so the reality is not their goal. They want it all. I will call them by ISIS (or Daesh) either/or by saying the initials and not the words, because it denies them what they want, and that is recognition and legitimacy.

What Obama gave them, was state recognition which in turn provides an air of legitimacy. I disagree with doing that - they are terrorists and nothing more.

I can agree with you up to a point...

There was a time when a bunch of underfed, under-armed visionaries had the audacity to tell the Royal Crown that they would no longer stand for being treated as distant serfs. Having been born in '52, I'm pretty well educated in the way that the Allies not only dragged their feet on promises made to Stalin but also the cavalier way America not only put promised resources in place to back up Churchill rather than Stalin, but also allowed the Middle East to be carved up as the spoils of war with no respect to those who had always lived there.

That is a particularly troublesome issue because there had never been anything but nomadic tribes living there. The shortest way of saying it is that I consider it all to have been handled badly. (With the stress on BADLY)

Let's not forget that, at the beginning, the resistance in Vietnam were considered little more than savages with guns.

As someone who has made his peace with being an "old guy", my suggestion is that you not take anyone's self-image as not deserving respect. Every single accomplishment ever made by Man started with belief. Mark Twain said something along the lines of , "Success is nothing more than 95% confidence and 5% ignorance."

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
I am either talking over peoples heads

or I am already fallen into one of my schizophrenic moods....unrecognized by myself

I'm fairly sure that I get it. Thank God that the people from Amway or Herbal-Life don't cut off your head if you don't want to buy in.

No worries.... You're making perfect sense.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
-- snip --
Thank you for your patience with me this morning....
-- snip --

No worries..

We were both on the same track, just different tangents....

Wish I'd noticed that my "Reply to" hadn't come through, there'd have been no disagreement, otherwise.

I look forward to trading ideas from time to time.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I know I run the risk of being called a Romantic/Humanist, but the Middle East could have been handled SO much better... If the Allies knew that an unimaginable amount of natural resources were just setting there waiting to be made use of, why does Human Nature always insist that someone get the royal shaft??? (We in North America are not anywhere near innocent in this respect)

Surely there could have been a way to work it all out. I'm not feeling at all well at the moment, but I'll gladly look it up later should someone want to know specifics. If memory serves, one of the Allies was getting something like a 60+ split on oil. How can any reasonable man blame the people that live there for feeling like they've been cheated since the word GO? Who was anointed with the power to name one tribal chieftain a "Prince of Oil" and assign everyone else as the beggars in the sand?

Please don't misunderstand.... It goes against every fiber of my being to think of hurting any of God's creatures. If I could never do more than catch and release when I was fishing, I surely couldn't shoot anyone at a distance or hurt them at arms length whether man, woman or child.

Guess all I'm trying to say is that the world continues to be more and more a matter of people feeling like they are being backed into a corner. Even a mouse will bite when backed into a corner...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join