It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT URGENT - questions about ISIS Savages.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't know why my reply keeps refusing to post...

Here is my reply:

In this case interpretation can be pretty important. They are NOT synonymous.

ISIS stands for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

ISIL stands for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

As I said in the other thread, in recent times "the Levant" has been used almost generically to include:
Cyprus, Hatay, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, and Turkey.

Is this shaping up to be an international war??

For those that either don't have time to listen to more than the first few seconds or just can't stand to listen to his speech again, I went back and counted for you...

Mentioned the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria: Zero times.

Mentioned the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant: Twenty times.

edit on C2014Sat, 13 Sep 2014 08:55:24 -05009th08u2014-09-13T08:55:24-05:00kAmerica/Chicago by CornShucker because: formatting

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

Sweet baby Jesus on fire!
Someone needs to do some research...seriously.

ISIS = Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
ISIL = Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

Take a WILD guess what "the Levant" is.....
Ding ding ding....if you guessed "another name for Syria and the surrounding region (eg..Iraq) then YOU are a winner!

Please, tell us all what the point in going on about he "didn't mention" ISIS when ISIL is basically all he has EVER referred to them as? I fail to see what you are getting at.

ETA: LOL. And then you go back and edit your post to include what I said about ISIL/ISIS being.....one in the same. Nice

edit on 13-9-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Sweet baby Jesus on fire!
Someone needs to do some research...seriously.

ISIS = Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
ISIL = Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

Take a WILD guess what "the Levant" is.....
Ding ding ding....if you guessed "another name for Syria and the surrounding region (eg..Iraq) then YOU are a winner!

Please, tell us all what the point in going on about he "didn't mention" ISIS when ISIL is basically all he has EVER referred to them as? I fail to see what you are getting at.

Thank You!!!

I've been banging my head on the wall for the last 15 to 20 minutes trying to get my post to go through...

This is one time where he could justifiably say, "You said you wanted specifics, I gave you specifics!"

Even Norther Africa was mentioned. The Levant is basically considered the Eastern Mediterranean. This could get big real fast.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Best questions ever posed in a thread, me thinks. Good luck getting any real answers though. If it's not ISIS it will be someone else. You'll just need to know who is is.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Here....Educate yourself!

Two second search

Another two seconds...this time with map

My mistake... I thought you'd jumped in to add a bit of support.

Since you consider Wikipedia as a source, check this out. Look at the countries included on the right-hand side of!

ETA:

That is your own Two Second search I'm referring to. So what makes me so stupid??
edit on C2014Sat, 13 Sep 2014 09:07:04 -05009th090000002014-09-13T09:07:04-05:00kAmerica/Chicago by CornShucker because: self explanatory

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Who said you were "stupid"? Don't put words in my mouth.

Why is it, that every time someone uses a two second search that results in a wiki link that suddenly they "consider wiki a source"? You do realize there is something to learn, basically everywhere, right? Wiki can provide facts that can be found ALL OVER the net....you want more? Do the leg work yourself...I tire of doing it for others.

But I see what you are getting at....
International scope....the Levant being mentioned because of that.

Though, I would ask....where the hell have you been? This "war" has been "international in scope" for a LONG time.
There are sympathizers and "sleepers" in basically every single country...and have been for, again, a LONG time.

It's always been "international"....
This war was spoke of MANY years ago.....it is going "as planned" (not by man alone, btw...my humble opinion on the thing).....it will come. The culmination of various wars and conflicts will result in "WWIII"....and....what is called by many "Armageddon", though, I don't use the term too often because it isn't PC on the net. Everyone wants to instantly distance themselves from that.

Side Note: I apologize for not realizing you were trying to add that about ISIS/ISIL....didn't realize it was not going through for you. Thought you added it after my post.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

-- snip --
I'm tired of doing everyone's research for them.
-- snip --
(Note, I'm in a pissy mood...so I might come back and give some opinions later...For now, this is about all you get. Sorry for being an ass.....sort of)

Your mood is pretty apparent. If you'd bothered to check the link to the other thread that I had provided, you would have known that I'd already done the same two seconds of research you did.

A bit of double standard don't you think? I don't appreciate someone getting snarky with me when they haven't even taken the time to completely read what I've provided.

ETA:
Sorry... Apology accepted.
edit on C2014Sat, 13 Sep 2014 09:20:44 -05009th090000002014-09-13T09:20:44-05:00kAmerica/Chicago by CornShucker because: self explanatory

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Hey why don't we air drop 10000 VOLUTEERS SURVIVALIST REDNECKS into Irak to stop the ISIS MENACE?

I mean these survivalist red necks are raring to go and sort out the evil isis.It would cost us nothing and it could save the world from these evil thugs.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Hey why DOESN'T OBAMA air drop 10000 VOLUNTEERS SURVIVALIST REDNECKS into Irak to stop the ISIS MENACE?

I mean these survivalist red necks are raring to go and sort out the evil isis.It would cost us nothing and it could save the world from these evil thugs.

What do you think?

edit on 13-9-2014 by championoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I had been trying to reply to this post but the board wasn't letting it go through for some reason...

Hope no hard feelings. (none here)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: championoftruth

Hey why don't we air drop 10000 VOLUTEERS SURVIVALIST REDNECKS into Irak to stop the ISIS MENACE?

What do you think?

Something odd this morning. Wonder if it has anything to do with that solar flare. First I can't post and then you hit a double.

There's been a lot of vets and civilians talking about volunteering, but I don't see any answers to this. So much Machiavellian crap is going on behind the scenes that I have a feeling they'd be fighting shadows. A while back I read an article that included a link to an archived article from back in 2012. The only browser add-on that I have to save web pages goes through an external server. Given what I saw, I wasn't comfortable risking my IP address to save it. I'll only stick my neck out this much:ISIS didn't come out of nowhere and our government wasn't caught off guard.

So what can anyone do. We're along for the ride whether we like it or not...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I couldn't read it all as it wasn't all "coming through" at once and my screen brightness was down. Didn't realize you provided a link. The word wasn't showing in blue.

I'm stepping away for a bit though. I'm too hateful to stand myself and it is bleeding into discussion online.
Be back later.....I am only being counterproductive, so. Have a good day.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I couldn't read it all as it wasn't all "coming through" at once and my screen brightness was down. Didn't realize you provided a link. The word wasn't showing in blue.

I'm stepping away for a bit though. I'm too hateful to stand myself and it is bleeding into discussion online.
Be back later.....I am only being counterproductive, so. Have a good day.

It's an upsetting situation and it looks as if it's starting wear on all of us. Discussion among friends can be tense at times, but we can remain friends (even when we occasionally disagree).

Here's wishing you a wonderful day.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I too for the last few months haven't liked how the POTUS always calls ISIS ISIL
But then I realized its part of the plan, ISIS is going to grow it will be allowed if not nurtured by TPTB
Right now, it is only the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria
But soon that will grow, and it will be the
Islamic State In the Levant

Its going to bring new meaning to what the word IS is

Thank you Clinton

edit on 13-9-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The weirdest thing to me is who, how, why are isis vids being made available? Are the uploaders of vids from isis being tracked down for aiding and abetting terrorists? Any stories of apprehension?

Only to forward freighten us all into submission...

To me, playing shock vids for the public is aiding and abetting terrorists.

edit on (9/13/1414 by loveguy because: spellerupitty do da

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think the best way to look at this is to realize that isis IS the new Al Qaeda. What was al qaeda to me? A patsy, an excuse mainly. Al Qaeda and their activities were used as an excuse to get to Afghanistan, which was just a stepping stone (also it was a "lick" we needed to hit, don't forget our countries fondness for opiates, and Afghanistan is the worlds leading producer of Opium) to get to Iraq, who had challenged the US Dollars status as the petro dollar by starting to sell oil in euros.

Now, The Man wants in to Syria (not totally certain of why yet myself, possibly because i hear they have some nice pipelines in the area and are a russian ally). We cant be morally wrong when we enter or the people here wont go for it. But thats ok, most of them arent very smart and dont have time to look into anything other than watching Fox or MSNBC. So we hand some weapons off on a long journey to some severely pissed off Arabs, who (I'm sure with a little encouragement) start on a warpath. Then they "kill" a couple of journalists and taunt obama, giving some good and infuriating video clips to show all the vegetables of America. There you have it, a reason to justify another invasion and raping of a land and its people.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Bundy because: wanted to add a thing or two

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You brought up a good point this morning. I didn't grasp what you were saying in the beginning but throughout this day it has been something I have thought on. It really is a good point. I see what you are getting at.

This is being set up to be big, indeed!
Thank you for your patience with me this morning....I was on a bit of a tirade. Now that I am functioning normally again, I can post without all the anger and frustration of trying to spell it out for those completely ignorant. (I thought you were one of them that didn't understand ISIS = ISIL and that was where I was coming from with my posts....didn't realize you KNEW that and were trying to hit on something else.)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
These people are #ing sickening me.

I tried to watch the video but this one seemed more real. The poor guys voice; an aid worker. They're #ing killing aid workers.

Horrible.

I was already well aware and studied in the issue of Islamism/salafism before the emergence of ISIS; and to be honest, I suspected that something like this would form. It was on the backburner; when people were celebrating the arab spring I was wondering "why"?

Let's be serious here, but also mature, shall we? When people say "this is not Islam", they are wrong. On the other hand, all humans beings regardless of religion or ethnicity are essentially identical in terms of their basic physiological and psychological makeup.

It's wrong to make the distinction because it really doesn't mean anything to Muslims themselves: they know better. On the other hand, for our benefit - that is, for the equally stupid, naive and poorly educated of us who are quick to say "kill them all; Islam is evil" - were being told that what were seeing is not Islam.

When we say Islam, we need to contextualize it. Were talking about the 7th century; were talking about an ideology that emerged in a DESERT society. At its very core, it deals with a harsh world, a harsh environment, and thus mandates a very harsh program for converting other people.

Let me just clarify something: present day Judaism is NOT Judaism, anymore than so many different modern Christian sects are Christianity. Judaism went through a reformation in the 18th century; Moses Mendelsohn, Abraham Geiger; etc, they changed Judaism; and why? Because it was incompatible with what the world - humanity - was discovering about itself.

With these ancient religions, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc, we need to understand that at their core they are myths; but also, they represented something essential at the time of their creation.

Though as humanity moves forward and we gain a greater understanding and knowledge of self and environemt i.e mathematics, physics, biology, psychology, neurosciences, cognitive sciences, relational psychoanalysis, and other social sciences; so much knowledge, and therefore, a desperate need for reformation.

Judaism underwent this, so much so that people overlook that Judaism today is not the Judaism, in terms of orthodoxy, that was practiced in the 1500's. Likewise, with some Christian sects today; I sincerely doubt the early Christians understood Christian doctrine as some conservatives/evangelicals understand it.

So when we talk about Islam, were simultaneously talkng about a religion just like Judaism/Christianity, not "metaphysically evil" - just missed the reformations that went down in Europe during the enlightenment; but were also talking about people; humans beings capable of becoming perverted and disillusioned by religious doctrine; by a view of the world that is inherently dissociative and disconnected from embodied experience and empirical knowledge.

We should, absolutely, despise what this ideology is. But we should also hold out on the fact that Muslims are as entitled as we are too a humanist religion. Thus the oft repeated notion "This is not Islam". It cannot be. Muslims cannot be allowed to think that this - their God, our God, or any way you formalize your existential experience of being human - could be what was meant for them by the universe.

We should help them, as a therapist would his patient, come to his OWN understanding; but an understanding that is compatible with the modern world; which is to say, a worldview which acknowledges and accepts the presence of disparate viewpoints; different humans; different minds. A world where the "you" of the other person is respected and honored.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: championoftruth

It is all a lie. The west and moreover the dollar is having big issues. Fear is starting to not work anymore and the common man is starting to question things.

TPTB need this along with the military industrial complex. These radical Muslims are fools of the highest order for being played like this. They make the perfect bad guy. Russia was actually smart and did not fall into the trap being set for them over in Ukraine. I have to hand it to Putin for not being played a fool.

Plan "B" is radical Muslim idiots. And they do not have smart leaders they only have fools for the slaughter.
edit on 13-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join