It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muzak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure if subliminal messages are proven to be effective or not, although I don't see any reason to discount their validity. I was on a website once where this person claimed they thought there was some big conspiracy within this company called "Muzak". I did a little research, and found that they are a company who "create experiences with music." They claim that they scientifically alter music to make it more...powerful:

From the Muzak website:
"Its power lies in its subtlety."

You know the music you in hear in department stores and stuff? That department store may very well have purchased that music from the company Muzak. They sell their services to companies. Here's another quote from their website:

From the Muzak website:
When people are made to feel good in, say, a store, they feel good about that store. They like it. Remember it. Go back to it. Audio Architecture builds a bridge to loyalty. And loyalty is what keeps brands alive.

Their website has changed in the past few months; it used to be a lot more extensive with all kinds of stuff. Now it's fairly simple and small:

www.muzak.com...

At this next website, there's a few statistics, including this one:

"Retailers around the country are experimenting with "no shoplifting" audio tapes that endlessly repeat -- on a subconscious level, beneath the Muzak -- directives not to steal. One New Orleans supermarket reported that "Inventory shrinkage" (Theft) fell two-thirds, from $50,000 yearly to just $13,000."

www.whale.to...

Now, if they can do things like that, can't they do really bad things to us? I mean, for those of you who've seen Josie and The Pussy Cats you might have an idea of what I'm trying to say. Although, the government could also abuse this power. Maybe in their mind control experiments they found that subliminal messages in music was one of the most low-profile and effective ways to get people to do what you want.

Here's another related website:

media.hyperreal.org...

Norton Internet Security won't let me view this website again, but if I remember right, I think it has some interesting points on it, too:

feastofhateandfear.com...

Needless to say, this company basically admits to altering music to make it ideal for stores to use to make customers buy more stuff. If that's not mind control at atleast a small level, I don't know what is.

join