It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS/ISIL getting to the root of the Conspiracy behind their formation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
U.S. General: “We Helped Build ISIS” – Islamic State Obtained Weapons from U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya

Article

I know this has been talked about but there seems to a lot of unanswered questions.

Asked what he thought of the idea of arming so-called “moderate” Syrian rebels after FSA militants kidnapped UN peacekeepers in the Golan Heights, General McInerney said the policy had been a failure.

“We backed I believe in some cases, some of the wrong people and not in the right part of the Free Syrian Army and that’s a little confusing to people, so I’ve always maintained….that we were backing the wrong types.”

In May last year, Senator Rand Paul was one of the first to speculate that the truth behind Benghazi was linked to an illicit arms smuggling program that saw weapons being trafficked to terrorists in Syria as part of the United States’ proxy war against the Assad regime.

“I’ve actually always suspected that, although I have no evidence, that maybe we were facilitating arms leaving Libya going through Turkey into Syria,” Paul told CNN, adding that he “never….quite understood the cover-up — if it was intentional or incompetence”.

So we have the Benghazi arms deal gone horribly wrong Conspiracy. That to me has never been fully explored. I remember hearing reports just prior to that of U.S. Concerns over missing SAM's in Libya.

Then there is this potential BOMBSHELL. It was reported at the time, then conveniently swept under the rug.........

In addition to ISIS obtaining weapons from Benghazi, many members of the group were also trained by the United States at a secret base in Jordan in 2012.

Aaron Klein was told by Jordanian officials that, “dozens of future ISIS members were trained at the time as part of covert aid to the insurgents targeting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Syria.”

Again, I remember seeing reports of extra American Advisors in Jordan to train some Syrian Rebels.....I've never seen a report detailing what groups those Syrian Rebels were a part of.

Is it possible/ likely that we either knowingly or unknowingly ended up training and arming the core of what would coalesce into ISIS/ISIL????

It's like Al Qaeda's formation in Pakistan/Afghanistan in the 80's, did we just end up backing and arming a whole group of psychopaths?????

To me, who we were training in Jordan is the real smoking gun.......... who were they, how did we arm them, where did they end up going and fighting. My recollections of the articles I read at the time were that we were training them in Special Ops kind of stuff.

I'm not hear to bash the Administration, it just as easily could have been a Republican Admin doing this............ Please don't go there. Just stick with any facts that may help figure out the tangled web left behind. There sure seems to have been some clandestine arms smuggling and training of People in Syria....who did we end up dealing with there. It's seems every side is Syria is Seriously flawed, The FSA, ISIS and even the Syrian Government ALL seem horrible. I don't thing there is a group there morally worth backing, it's just the lesser of Really Evil People. Not a good thing.

I just want to find the truth out.
edit on 12-9-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Why is ISIL so different (and so much more effective) than Al Qaeda?
Expertise, training, logistical support, funding. There's a short list of sovereigns that could be supporting a Sunni militia.

The money trail is too big to miss though. They are doing $100,000,000 /month in oil transactions.
Is anyone stupid enough to believe they PU cash in flatbed trucks? LOL.

They have to be using western banking system. They need the support of the US, Israel or the house of Saud. Maybe all three.

Follow that money.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I agree..... The money trail has conveniently been left unexplored by both media and Governments.

It's seems like the bulk of ISIS is foreign jihadis/mercenaries. Not Syrian or Iraqi. That leads me to the conclusion that they are nationalistic resistance fighters and that "Someone" else is pulling the strings,calling the shots.

It's probably, multiple nations......with Saudi influence being the main driver, to the point of getting U.S. Clandestine backing and support. Turkey and Qatar are also players, but all parties involved have done a great job of hiding their tracks.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Follow the money.
You beat me to it. Can a person do a detailed FOIA request regarding payments to known individuals from government affiliates during a certain time period? If so, you'd probably just get a spreadsheet with a bunch of black lines and comma tails.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Before you go down this road, you should take a look at this site

Deformed Children

Watch it, and read the article. And after you're done, ask yourself this question ... what would you be willing to do, if these children were born in your hometown? Seriously, 9/11 is nothing compared to this. This is so horrible and so vile, that there are no words to describe it.

And after you realise that, you should use your vote to make sure that your government will understand in the future, that any person from the middle east, man, women, elderly or a child ... is your potential, and almost certain enemy. Any organisation or government, intent on aiding or abedding people from the middle to east, to enter or live here ... is aiding a potential enemy.

These are the hard facts, that you need to realize ... after that, you need to start asking a lot more serious questions than the ones you are asking now. Like, if the damages to the Children are done by weaponized uranium ... and depleted uranium does not hold enough weaponized uranium to cause it ... there is only one conclusion to that. That the US and their allies, used tactical nukes during the conflict.

Knowing this, and having this as a background. You should realize that your government are at this very poment, paranoid schizos. Who are literally afraid of their own shadow. They know, they have it coming ... they just don't know when, where and how. And their war, in the middle ... is aimed at destroying their civilization to the point, that they do not pose as a threat.

Understanding this, you also have to realize ... there are no depths, and no lengths to where your administration and any following administration is willing to go.

After realizing this, then maybe you'll have a different view of looking at these facts.

edit on 12/9/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
BBC ran a story a few weeks ago talking about the money trail, and their conclusion was that it was Saudi money. Saudi support.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Yeah...that's the problem. The people of the US do not have any control over their government. It's done. They won. The billion dollar bomb builders buy ballot boxes with the blessing of the supreme court and every republican senator at least.
If not IS, then who? Oh? Russia wants a new arms race (it could happen with a Syria proxy war)? 'Merica!
edit on 12-9-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

But my understanding is that most of ISIS is not even Syrian or Iraqi, it's Jihad's from around the globe with smaller local groups folded into the umbrella. And if that were the primary motivating factor, they would be targeting the U.S., not locals.
edit on 12-9-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Who is to say they aren't?
They just haven't been given the go signal.
Yet.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Painterz

Can you link up that BBC report. I'd like to see it. It's a weird conflux of various groups it seems. Islamists in Turkey, the Saud Family and the Qatari Leadership, which is the main Backers of the Muslim Brotherhood. Makes for a very volatile combination when all they are doing is recruiting the most radical of Islamist Jihadis to do their bidding. I think they lost control of them once they started to really rake in money on their own.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Who is to say they aren't?
They just haven't been given the go signal.
Yet.

Yes. But it's telling that their #1 enemy isn't the "Great Satan" it's the two Governments in the region that have gone after Sunni's........ That has all the markings of Saudi Arabia all over it. ISIS could have made a run down the southern Iraqi Border and gone for the Saudi Oil Fields. Saudi's Military wouldn't have stood a chance against them.

Notice that ISIS hasn't made a move against Saudi Arabia. That should tell you tons.....

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nice observation pavil. I hadn't thought of that.
edit on 9121414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I found this quick clip of an old interview on C-Span on another forum. Thought it would add an interesting angle to this discussion.

www.c-span.org.../isis

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: teslarocks

Interesting.

Not entirely ruling out Israeli help but I doubt arming 30,000 Islamic Fundamentalists in a border country to Israel to overtrhow Assad would be in their best interest overall. Not saying they wouldn't help, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Middle East makes for some very strange bedfellows.

Now if the end game were to take ISIS to take on Iran......... That's a little different. But to me the risks of ISIS backfiring on Israel wouldn't be worth the potential upside. I think ISIS in the long run, if it sticks around, overthrows the Saud Regime. The child will kill the parent.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
U.S. General: “We Helped Build ISIS” – Islamic State Obtained Weapons from U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya

Article

I know this has been talked about but there seems to a lot of unanswered questions.

Asked what he thought of the idea of arming so-called “moderate” Syrian rebels after FSA militants kidnapped UN peacekeepers in the Golan Heights, General McInerney said the policy had been a failure.

“We backed I believe in some cases, some of the wrong people and not in the right part of the Free Syrian Army and that’s a little confusing to people, so I’ve always maintained….that we were backing the wrong types.”

In May last year, Senator Rand Paul was one of the first to speculate that the truth behind Benghazi was linked to an illicit arms smuggling program that saw weapons being trafficked to terrorists in Syria as part of the United States’ proxy war against the Assad regime.

“I’ve actually always suspected that, although I have no evidence, that maybe we were facilitating arms leaving Libya going through Turkey into Syria,” Paul told CNN, adding that he “never….quite understood the cover-up — if it was intentional or incompetence”.

So we have the Benghazi arms deal gone horribly wrong Conspiracy. That to me has never been fully explored. I remember hearing reports just prior to that of U.S. Concerns over missing SAM's in Libya.

Then there is this potential BOMBSHELL. It was reported at the time, then conveniently swept under the rug.........

In addition to ISIS obtaining weapons from Benghazi, many members of the group were also trained by the United States at a secret base in Jordan in 2012.

Aaron Klein was told by Jordanian officials that, “dozens of future ISIS members were trained at the time as part of covert aid to the insurgents targeting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Syria.”

Again, I remember seeing reports of extra American Advisors in Jordan to train some Syrian Rebels.....I've never seen a report detailing what groups those Syrian Rebels were a part of.

Is it possible/ likely that we either knowingly or unknowingly ended up training and arming the core of what would coalesce into ISIS/ISIL????

It's like Al Qaeda's formation in Pakistan/Afghanistan in the 80's, did we just end up backing and arming a whole group of psychopaths?????

To me, who we were training in Jordan is the real smoking gun.......... who were they, how did we arm them, where did they end up going and fighting. My recollections of the articles I read at the time were that we were training them in Special Ops kind of stuff.

I'm not hear to bash the Administration, it just as easily could have been a Republican Admin doing this............ Please don't go there. Just stick with any facts that may help figure out the tangled web left behind. There sure seems to have been some clandestine arms smuggling and training of People in Syria....who did we end up dealing with there. It's seems every side is Syria is Seriously flawed, The FSA, ISIS and even the Syrian Government ALL seem horrible. I don't thing there is a group there morally worth backing, it's just the lesser of Really Evil People. Not a good thing.

I just want to find the truth out.
You want to ignore how this admin tried to sell us the idea that a YT video sparked the Benghazi affair? You don't think that's material?

I agree this could just as well have happened under a Rep admin and I'm pretty sure the Reps are complicit anyway. But this does expose Obama and the charade that he's any different. Following him is equally as bad as following Bush. He's just there to sway a different target audience.

We all knew that Benghazi was an arms deal that went bad because Stevens walked in on it. Then the admin lied and lied again. This is worse than Iran-Contra!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
June

UN Sympathisers gave it its, legitamacy,,American sypathisers,,(a person who agrees with or supports a sentiment or opinion.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

July

Warnings from Kurds, who do support tolerance,,but were ignored,,by UN sympathisers,,

"PKK kurdistans militants, gave a warning to Turkey, that if they dont stop founding and giving resources to ISIS (ISIL), the treatment of peace they've made will stop."

and here,,,UN backed initiative under the guise of Peace,,

The Levant Initiative for Global Peace
www.ipahp.org...

"In Arabic, the group is known as Al-Dawla Al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq wa al-Sham, or the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham. The term “al-Sham” refers to a region stretching from southern Turkey through Syria to Egypt (also including Lebanon, Israel, the Palestinian territories and Jordan). The group’s stated goal is to restore an Islamic state, or caliphate, in this entire area. "

and finally here,,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Al-Dawla Al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq wa al-Sham,, the head of the snake.

UN sanctioned ,,,& ,,American Muslim sympathisers backed,,

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Before you go down this road, you should take a look at this site

Deformed Children

A THOUSAND STARS MY FRIEND.......!

Watch it, and read the article. And after you're done, ask yourself this question ... what would you be willing to do, if these children were born in your hometown? Seriously, 9/11 is nothing compared to this. This is so horrible and so vile, that there are no words to describe it.

And after you realise that, you should use your vote to make sure that your government will understand in the future, that any person from the middle east, man, women, elderly or a child ... is your potential, and almost certain enemy. Any organisation or government, intent on aiding or abedding people from the middle to east, to enter or live here ... is aiding a potential enemy.

These are the hard facts, that you need to realize ... after that, you need to start asking a lot more serious questions than the ones you are asking now. Like, if the damages to the Children are done by weaponized uranium ... and depleted uranium does not hold enough weaponized uranium to cause it ... there is only one conclusion to that. That the US and their allies, used tactical nukes during the conflict.

Knowing this, and having this as a background. You should realize that your government are at this very poment, paranoid schizos. Who are literally afraid of their own shadow. They know, they have it coming ... they just don't know when, where and how. And their war, in the middle ... is aimed at destroying their civilization to the point, that they do not pose as a threat.

Understanding this, you also have to realize ... there are no depths, and no lengths to where your administration and any following administration is willing to go.

After realizing this, then maybe you'll have a different view of looking at these facts.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The mere fact that the US backs groups in other countries should be setting off bells and buzzers . The US policy when it comes to other countries will open the door for other countries to help over through the US Govt ...OH wait ..I would imagine there are plenty within and without hoping for that to happen ..carry on .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
radical Jihadist groups abound in the region... but organizing the ultra Fundamental Sunni-Jihadists took a small inner circle, a cabal of leadership to build a new the ISIS-ISIL + Caliphate under the lead of al Baghdadi now the Caliph Ibrahim

wow a zealot leader that did not write a book first (as in Hitler, Carter/Clinton/Obama. et al)

supposedly, the ISIS Caliphate only numbers about 30,000 nihilists, who would even behead a Wahhabist as being too lax in their prayers...
retrace the steps of al-Baghdadi and his connections/network of individuals to form an Army for the Caliphate
yeah.... take a walk on the Dark Side

Writing in the New Republic, Graeme Wood compellingly classifies the three different types of ISIS fighters, including a cooperative of Western poseurs (Psychopaths) and committed zealots (True Believers). If there's any silver lining to be had, it's that what Wood calls the largest contingent of ISIS fighters doesn't seem particularly committed to the cause.

Call them the Sunni Pragmatists. These people include Iraqi tribal sheikhs, whose allegiance to ISIS originates not in a cultish death wish but in a desire to win security and well-being, and who seem to be using the Psychopaths and the True Believers as convenient allies. From ISIS, the Pragmatists get a way to punish Baghdad for its long neglect of Sunni regions."

Nevertheless, that new number is certainly alarming.

This article was originally published at www.thewire.com...

the above report suggest to me that ISIS is a result of a grass-roots hatred of whomever is in power...this is a dark-heart crowd of murderers
edit on th30141054997512262014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In this video you get to meet some of the guys they trained and armed in the free Syrian army. (Not the ones people are worrying about, these ones are fighting IS.IS)

In this video, near the end (If I remember correctly) you can see the training ground in Jordan, even see a few different programs running.

I recommend watching both videos from start to finish. They are a good primer on whats going on in the region. You will see that it gets pretty murky, with IS members trying to infiltrate moderate Syrians in their struggle against ISIS and Assad , only to sabotage them, or assassinate someone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join