It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independence and Mel Gibson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Is the Braveheart 'freedom' speach being played by the 'Yes' vote? If I was going for a 'Yes' vote, I would let braveheart fire up the crowd.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

FRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOMM!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I like the mooning scene better.

That sure fired up the Angleesh.

(I'm hearing pipes)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Roll on the 18th so we can settle this once and for all , the freedom speech relates to a different time and a different place .... in truth the Scots are free now.... well as free as any of us slaves.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Whenever I see him he nauseates me to the point I end up rooting for the English, even though I should be rooting for the Scots. Gibson is a giant tool bag.

Want my support? Give me some bagpipes playing Scotland the Brave.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Wow.. the replies in the comments section of the Video , its world war 3 over there .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think this film is the basis Salmond is fighting Scottish independence on. I'm honestly fed up with all the racism shown towards us English from the Scottish.

I say let them go, the sooner the better. Kick out the Scottish MPs from their meddling on things specifically concerning England and let the Scottish people see the lies that have divided us bring them to their knees.

Salmond is focusing solely on oil, what's he going to do when it's gone? If the Scots really have claim to it anyway, I'm sure discovery was a UK venture??

Scots get so much more back from the UK, who do they think subsidies their free prescriptions and free university tuition?

All in all I can't wait for them to go.
edit on 12-9-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

lol... yea let them go and watch the sterling take an historical nose dive. Actually... have you seen the markets? It keeps floating right?... right like a freaking brick.

You have no idea what you're asking for.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The real William Wallace was ten feet tall, and consumed the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
I think this film is the basis Salmond is fighting Scottish independence on. I'm honestly fed up with all the racism shown towards us English from the Scottish.

I say let them go, the sooner the better. Kick out the Scottish MPs from their meddling on things specifically concerning England and let the Scottish people see the lies that have divided us bring them to their knees.

Salmond is focusing solely on oil, what's he going to do when it's gone? If the Scots really have claim to it anyway, I'm sure discovery was a UK venture??

Scots get so much more back from the UK, who do they think subsidies their free prescriptions and free university tuition?

The Scottish oil industry isn't based entirely on the black gold pumped out of the North Sea oil wells. Most of the oil industry is based on exploration, surveying and support for sites across the world. There are thousands of jobs that are based on the world industry, doing things like designing ROV's, valve systems, drilling platforms, accommodation platforms, sonar, diving gear, helicopter maintenance.

Racism against the English isn't directed at the average English person, but at the London banksters.

The political parties used their power bases on opposite sides of the border to force things to be done against the wishes of the local people on each side. With independence, they wouldn't be able to do that, they would have to serve their own local population.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Whenever I see him he nauseates me…

Thats because you play to the man instead of his character in the film.

Its okay to differentiate.

The movie as portrayed is of course not what really happened.

And a good film about any struggle for freedom.
edit on 12-9-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Roll on the 18th so we can settle this once and for all , the freedom speech relates to a different time and a different place .... in truth the Scots are free now.... well as free as any of us slaves.

Really? So why do we have an independence referendum next week?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Thats because you play to the man instead of his character in the film.

The character in the film is a joke and had very little to do with Wallace, it was just a chance for that moron Gibson to chew up scenery.

For what it is worth I rooted for Colonel Tavington to kill him as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

You should do some research. You clearly don't understand the current situation. Start with where the money for free prescriptions originates since it bothers you so much.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Do you mean the racist wife beating Mel Gibson ?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

wow is he actually scottish?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: alldaylong

wow is he actually scottish?

He is as much Scottish as Heinrich Himmler.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
He is as much Scottish as Heinrich Himmler.

I thought he was Himmler.

Acts like him anyway...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The character in the film is a joke and had very little to do with Wallace, it was just a chance for that moron Gibson to chew up scenery.

I see, and your achievements in the film industry amount to what, again?

Always amused by the distinctions people make between whats real and whats fake. Over all, that film is exemplary. Complaining about how poor it is is well, a piece of work.

I already said its just a movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I see, and your achievements in the film industry amount to what, again?

Quite significant. I won an Academy Award for my portrayal of Abraham Lincoln.

Seriously? People need to be in the film industry to like a film? Or write a book to say what their preference in writing style happens to be? Do I need to be an Impressionist to say I like Monet? Get real.

Just because Braveheart gets you moist does not mean I thought it was worth watching. I found it to be contrived, historically inaccurate and over-acted.

I already said its just a movie.

Yeah, a cruddy one in my opinion.

edit on 12-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join