It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Cops Cross ‘Thin Blue Line’ in Florida, Turn on Bad Cops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Good.
Give us more.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This happened in my neck of the woods a few years back.

One of the top Drug Cops apparently was helping himself to the drugs he and his cowboys confiscated. One of the last guys he raided was a Vietnam Vet with a metal plate in his head from over there, he was growing a certain type of plant and a 'good Samaritan' called the crime line to report him. That man also reported that his anti-psychotics were raided while he was in jail.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Why is this the exception rather than the rule?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I apologize for my cynicism, but how do we know this wasn't a few bad apples setting up a guy who refused to play ball? I guess either way it means there was at least one good cop.

I also share this and believe that anytime some takes the fall in a bank or a police force, they're a set up patsy. And often the ones convicted of crimes are set up from those with lesser crimes so that the real higher up criminals can conduct their satanic crap and slave trades.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Apologies, but I am on the same wave length as VictorVonDoom, I think the wrong guy is going down. Of ALL the crimes we KNOW cops commit, THIS is the one that makes another cop think someone crossed the line? With so much Anti-police and backlash over other incidents this just seems too well timed

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Maybe I missed something. Precisely who was harmed by a person taking the prescription pills from the car of another person who was already dead?

Does this really merit ten years in prison? Seriously?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Meh this same "good cop" will be kicking peoples doors in tomorrow over the "crime" of having a plant or some other substance we ADULTS are not "allowed"... He'd drag you off and put you in a cage in a heart beat! So whoooptie doooooo. Probably only did this for a publicity stunt lol... Make the cops look all moral and decent when that couldn't be further from the truth...

And as other members have pointed out... He'd shoot you do if you dare disobey his "authority" lol...

Not really impressed to be honest... When they start going after the real criminals like the terrorists in government do let me know.

edit on 13-9-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
A good start, but that's only tampering with evidence when the real issue is unjustified assault and murder by LEO's.

Admittedly it's been a while back, but I saw first-hand how that thin blue line puts LEOs that want to do the right thing in a difficult and stressful position. I was there for every day that the state trooper that t-boned my twin brother and killed him stood trial. At times it was difficult to believe the men in uniform on our side of the courtroom were part of the same organization as those on the other side of the courtroom.

I will never forget the officer that called to tell me. You could not have asked for a more sincere or heartfelt way of getting the bad news. The last thing he said was, "I assure you that this will get a thorough investigation." They were true to their word. The investigator from the state police was the one that measured the yaw marks on the highway and by his calculations the trooper that killed my brother was going ~125mph when he took his foot off the gas. By the time he hit my brother he was doing ~95mph with no lights or siren activated.

An officer for the city that was off duty and motorcycle riding with a relative had just driven through the intersection and saw the impact in his mirror. He was the one that turned around and ran to my brother's Jeep to check for a pulse because he could see that the car was leaking gas. It was too late, he was dead but I will always be in his debt.

He went through H*ll at the trial, but gave his testimony anyway, that took real courage for a man not far from retirement.

In the end it was a verdict or 4 years prison for reckless homicide and 2 years for false reporting. He wound up serving 9 months prison time and 2 or 3 weeks in the safe house, but you have to be thankful for what you can. Unlike a lot of other cases, this time the trooper didn't just walk away...

edit on C2014Sat, 13 Sep 2014 11:12:41 -05009th11u2014-09-13T11:12:41-05:00kAmerica/Chicago by CornShucker because: added dropped word

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have some news that isn't about this case but still a "good cop" type of thingy so I hope it is ok to post. This weekend, in E. Texas, a Vet with PTSD was very upset while driving. His family tried to clam him down and the guy pulled over so they called n*ne one one as did several other people driving by as he was acting out and all over the road. The police came and spent a great deal of time talking to him and being kind and decent. No tasering involved or cuffs or bad treatment. He seemed to calm down and said he was over his "episode" but as they were walking him back to his car, he bolted and was hit by a car and killed (committed suicide). The family, the police and the person that hit him were all visibly upset and heart broken as witnessed in the video.

The police tried everything they could to treat him humanely and it seemed to be working. They were very patient and understanding. I suppose some will say if they had tased him he would still be alive. It is one of those things...those times where the police were trying to be decent to a sad and disturbed individual and it went wrong sadly, for all concerned. They were just as upset as every one else. It happens...there are those in enforcement that see a lot of tragedy and are faced with unusual circumstances almost every day and truly try the best they can. Would that it would be the rule and not the exception. Will see I guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
its a start but any start is a good one...interesting to see how these detectives fare over the next few months/years

Remember the last time some cop did the right thing and was harassed so throughly and severely it in resulted in a few days long manhunt/cop killings?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join