It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hate towards me on ATS lately?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I understand completely how you feel.

As a police officer I am constantly attacked. On ATS, in public, in the media, etc.

My ethics are always challanged, my intelligence is questioned, I am called names, and threatned with violence. That can be seen on a regular basis on ATS.

It sucks when people tell lies about you.

Hang in there.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Hold Fast my friend. Stay focused on the message and steer clear of the messenger. Indeed there is a fight to be had, but it is not with our brothers and sisters here on ATS.

If someone gets personal, reciprocate by maintaining the moral high ground.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I understand completely how you feel.

As a police officer I am constantly attacked. On ATS, in public, in the media, etc.

My ethics are always challanged, my intelligence is questioned, I am called names, and threatned with violence. That can be seen on a regular basis on ATS.

It sucks when people tell lies about you.

Hang in there.

And how do you handle it?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's an anonymous internet forum.

What people think about you here has no bearing on reality. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

They are real people are they not, so yes it matters, at least when they start against the rules behavior like personal attacks.

We all have our strong and weak points and we all have experiences or training that makes our input worthy and sometimes we simply like to state our ...opinion. All should be accepted and any response should not be about the person posting. When I get the personal attacks I am inclined to think it is young children or persons who have not grown up enough to have a conversation.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

For years I just handled it. I can't exactly explain how.

A decade later and it has taken a toll on me. I can handle no more. So much that I am making haste trying to leave the career.

The stress has caused some weight gain, along with me not wanting to be around people as much. I was once an extremely outgoing and social person. It has also decreased my level of patients and changed my view of the world.

Now that I think about it, perhaps I never truly handled it. I guess I just kept it all inside. Now I just want to move one from this chapter of my life.

I, along with my family would now like to move to a much less populated area of the country. When I do so I will began a new career and never look back.

Lord please help make it happen soon.
edit on 12-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Jrod...

Don't worry about it.

Some of us enjoy your posts.

I have been attacked many many times on this site.

Yet, here I sit. I saw that thread....They are nobodies around here.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
Negative comments by people say more about them than you - words to live by!

End of story...

Just another indication that you may be getting a little too close to the truth.

"The man who tells the truth is universally disliked by every person because every person has an agenda and is hiding behind a fantasy which the truth penetrates like an arrow and leaves him stripped naked before the whole universe, and he does not like that." ~ Milton William Cooper

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
I can handle no more. So much that I am making haste trying to leave the career.

Looks like you aren't alone Torq...

Don't let them best you.

You have the truth on your side which always gives you the advantage...

I just recently retired as an Officer in New Hampshire. I have been offered numerous other LE jobs and I'm here to tell you that I will never ever put a uniform on again. It is not the public that makes the job so degrading but the administration.I Wish I Never Became a Police Officer

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
JROD, I agree with many here and also had personal attacks at times. Of course I made mistakes before.

However, when that happens I know I am on the right track usually. When certain types can't defend their claims with facts and sources, they turn to name calling, personal attacks, and even making up lies and misrepresentations. I just blow them off usually because arguing with them just adds a bunch of junk to the thread and isn't worth my time to deal with those trolls or less that critical thinkers. It makes the thread go off topic often and serves no purpose but to get me angry. I refuse to let that happen. Those types can argue to themselves.

I have read your threads and posts and you are not a problem as I see it. Like I said, just ignore them if they start resorting to personal attacks. The natural thing is to go back and argue and try to get payback. Don't waste your time my friend. And don't take it personally. They are the ones with personal problems. It reminds me of some progressives. They also resort to personal attacks and name calling if they are losing the argument. Not all progressives do this, but there are some losers in every group of people out there. Just know it isn't worth even worrying about people like that.

Carry on my wayward friend! lol!

edit on 12/9/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am okay with being criticized, especially since no one on ATS really knows who I am.

However 5+ pages on one thread alone is a little bit outrageous. I can't say I haven't rattled any cages and called some people on utter BS and usually can catch them in a lie when they claim something like they hold an Advanced degree it Atmospheric Sciences or were once a division officer of an Avionics division in the US Navy. It just gets a little irritating and I was a fool for not taking a break from the computer. I mean I literally live across the street from a beach in Florida.

I have noticed a tactic against a lot of the guys who really bring on the personal attacks. They all try to act like they've been there done than and then some. I tell a guy I was a junior enlisted AT, he claims to be a former avionics div O. I reveal that I studied meteorology and atmosphere science at FIT some other guy claims he has a masters degree in Atmospheric Physics...it truly never ends.

Even on a small forum for Florida surfers people actually try call me out on my experience. When I tell them where to find so I can prove that my surfing is pretty darn close to the professional level, they cry to the site owner and claim I am threatening them...

Trolls hate being called out on their BS. That is one reason I joined ATS over a decade ago. Another was to improve my writing, though I still make an insane amount of typos on here.

I am well aware my that I leave myself open for harsh criticism.
edit on 12-9-2014 by jrod because: typo+

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Insults. The true test of a failed argument. It's where I know I got you RIGHT where I want you.
Water off a ducks back imo. What you need is some love:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Strred and flagged because you are awesome!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

You guys have it rough. Seems like when you guys do the right thing, there are still critics. I can't say that I can relate on your level by any means. I can't imagine getting so many lies and bogus stories on a daily basis from the majority of people that you interact with.

I know most cops are good guys.

It's my SO's birthday weekend, time to go out!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Don't feel rained on. I post my honest opinions - that typically go against the grain and out of no where here comes the bandwagon from Hades! You just have to learn to spook their horses and they will be on their way. *wink*

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Everyone's opinion should be respected, no matter if another agrees or not.

I disagree with this.

Stupid opinions should not be respected. How can you naturally respect something that you know is either a lie, misinformation, disinformation, insane, ludicrous, laughable or stupid?

You should respect the human beings - they are, after all, from the same, DIVINE source.

Their ability to form respect can be respected - after all, it's quite a feat to be able to have an opinion! Think about it - could you create a robot or artificial intelligence that would be able to have an actual opinion? How does it all happen, how is it even possible? That's a real miracle!

But the opinion itself - why would you have to respect a stupid opinion that you know is either wrong, expression of stupidity, or part of someone's manipulation tactics?

Respect human beings, don't respect opinions (unless you find respectable ones, of course).

Any statement that somehow 'must' be automatically respected, is a red flag to me. It's a doorway to abuse that leads to worship of moronism. And I am sure no rational human being wants that.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
@jrod its the internet , people have the freedom to be complete assholes and show the kind of internet bravado they would only dream of doing it in real life . As far as my experience is concerned , anyone with half decent respectable life would not try undermining others over the internet .. Best to ignore them

I myself have experienced the kind of hateful, racist and incredibly offensive posts in several threads . I simply learnt to ignore them ...
edit on 13-9-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Second that, and your best reply so far.

MY comments would be that this is not a perfect place, but it's absolute open environment breeds the ability for those that care nothing about your situation to prey on you. It is kind of like the US Constitution. You need to filter the responses from people that understand your situation from the people that use this venue to cause havoc and disdain. Simple as that. You are responsible for what you believe. Make that your constitution.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I do not know why I let some apparent phoney get to me the other day.

Given that I am one of those people who is kind of on my own program and will likely never have a normal '9-5' job, I feel this also attracts a lot of attention in my personal life too.

The reality is, even in the real world people often claim to be something they are not. Some do it because they want others to believe they are more experienced and intelligent that they really are, others do it because they are sociopaths and can't help it, then there are those who try to coerce people into committing a crime. I mention this because of someone I went on a few dates with a year or so ago that apparently was not who she said she was and I missed a few flags and may have gotten myself watched by the wrong people.

The domestic spying campaign that goes on in the US goes incredibly far.

I am most certainly loosing sleep over it.
edit on 14-9-2014 by jrod because: c

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well, then I'll join you then! I'm not the most popular member, but I'll stick up for you. Who cares if your on some government watch list, don't be worried...until they bust down the door, then be worried.

I might be in the same boat because you can easily deduce from me having a chinchilla named Hermann and an interest in German World War two militaria to understand where I'm coming from

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

That incident I mentioned happened years ago and I was able to take action to protect myself. Recently it came to my attention that someone I care about may being watched and even trying to be set up.

Some can not handle the the truth, and originally this friend thought I was just being a paranoid nut job. Fortunately with the help from friends we had a little chat and after being initially in denial, then angry, and then sad I think my friend has came around to accept the reality of the situation.

I am not going to let a good person go down because some cowboy can talk sweet and coerce her into doing something she would not normally do. I have a pretty good idea of the games they play.

It is good to the right people sometimes.

edit on 14-9-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join