It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hate towards me on ATS lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This has been an ongoing thing for me at ATS.

My credibility is constantly under attack. I divulge a little information on one thread and it becomes a 5 page person attack directed by 2 posters against my time in the Navy where I was discharged after a DUI. The other posters really said somethings that upset and my response may have been sub par, either way it really hurt.

On another thread, a poster who is trying to debunk everything that has something to do with climate change has misquoted me and making the claim that I claimed I had a PHD, thus a phoney who makes false claims and everything I write is junk.

This is obviously a site I enjoy. I like to learn and this site at times can have a wealth of knowledge. Yet this personal attacks against me hurt and certainly make me feel desperate to 'get even'. I do not know if that is the intent of those posters or if I some serious issues.

Either way, I think I need a little help. Just a little encouragement.

I am not some stupid lazy bum that is a military washout because I drink too much that rather collect food stamps than work.

The reality is I am a hard worker and even been called smart by some. Those who know me best are baffled by the fact my DD-214 says Alcohol Re-Hab failure. It is truly hindered my attempts of finding meaningful work.

I know I am far from perfect, I just don't get why some posters seem to single me out.

In the real world it is easy to assume @-holes like that are just jealous, not so easy to brush off this in the virtual world.
edit on 11-9-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

On another thread, a poster who is trying to debunk everything that has something to do with climate change has misquoted me and making the claim that I claimed I had a PHD, thus a phoney who makes false claims and everything I write is junk.

That MO sounds like another member I see who does that. I wonder if it's the same person. Initials HB by any chance?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
No idea why you were singled out but to me you just showed a vulnerable human trait...humility.

Perhaps things will change for the better?

Hope so.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Negative comments by people say more about them than you - words to live by!

Hold your head high and don't let it get to you.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hey, we are all "so far less than perfect." Some want to just be right no matter what, far from open-minded (just plain stubborn!).

So you had a DUI, bad mistake, but there so much worse people out there in the world! It was a bad choice, but doesn't make you a bad person...but thank God nobody was hurt.

Nobody has the right to judge others. I'm sure there are alot of their own secrets they have not shared with us here.

We need all kinds of people and opinions here on ATS, but attacking someone is not OK. It PISSES ME OFF when I see this.

I'm glad you are still here

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Well let me chime in a little bit here Jrod.

We have never spoken directly, but I have starred many of your posts. To me you seem quite knowledable, on a wide range of issues. You also generally have a humble tone and seem to be as you describe interested in learning more.

I have been on this site for a relatively short duration. In my time here I have appreciated having apsects of my "knowledge" being checked for their error. I find it to be a great place for gauging what you think you know.

On to those who have been critical of you, to the point of making things up. I honestly would not give them a second thought. Perhaps they have star envy! Quite a funny notion, but nonetheless a very real possibility. Our ego's are quite sensitive and when someone has their views challenged the easiest thing to do, is lash out emotionally/lie or whatever it takes to maintain the image of themselves that they need.

I would assume this is why they would lower themselves to the point of attacking you and your personal life. I would ilke to thank you for serving in our military. Regardless of the outcome, we all experience difficulties in our lives and you should not have to relive a mistake you made such as that.

So to you Jrod, keep up the good work and simply disregard those who have nothing of value to input!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I enjoy your presence here, as I am sure many others do. I went through a time when I felt singled out as well by some that did/dont like me as well. Best thing to do is just do not take it personally, and who cares what people think. As long as you mind your manners and have a civil discussion, nothing else matters. As far as your past goes, quite frankly that is nobodies business. Now, that being said, this IS the internet, so if you do not want it out there, or to possibly be critisized, dont put it out there. Keep in mind, we are not here to agree with everybody, and healthy debate is what makes this place cool!

link   
Sorry to hear that your behing attacked, hope you dont take it to heart, its really easy to attack someone from behind a keyboard, ive noticed some groups forming themselves and attacking anything that does not fit there agenda or lifestyle, cheer up theres still some good poster and threads.
edit on 11-9-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

link   

Some people will keep on and on until they find something that they can use against you, and then never let up! I know, it's happened to me, too. Cheap shots don't make points with considerate posters who are interested in the topic and the conversation. Hang in there!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It's an anonymous internet forum.

What people think about you here has no bearing on reality. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

ive noticed some groups forming themselves and attacking anything that does not fit there agenda or lifestyle

We must find these groups and cut them off at the head.....or is that ISIS? Wait...are you saying we have an ISIS like group infiltrating ATS?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Some people get off on making others feel bad. Some folks can shrug it off while others can not. The fact that you can't is being used against you. It does not make you any worse or better than anyone else, it just makes those who prey on others see you as an easier, more enjoyable target.

There are some pretty smart people on here and they see what is going on even when you think they don't. People tend to leave "those types of posters" alone after they observe certain behavior for so long. I try to speak up when I see someone being given an extra hard time for no reason, and I wish more people would do the same. When the bullies are called out, they tend to slink away back to the slime they came from.

Don't let them make you leave something you enjoy doing and don't let them get so far in your head that you can't enjoy it anymore. They win when you do that. Just realize that you are likely dealing with someone who is so far below you that it would be laughable if you knew. They are more than likely miserable in their own life circumstances and would like nothing more than having company in that misery.

I hope that you can somehow learn to ignore them and continue to enjoy your time here.
edit on 9/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hi OP:

Everyone's opinion should be respected, no matter if another agrees or not.

My advice for what it is worth - engage but in a polite and professional manner. If that doesn't work screw em' and walk away. You never know what the motive is, so blow it off. 9 out of 10 times, it is not personal.

By the way, thank you for your service. Regardless of the discharge. All God's children got problems.

Hang in there!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Those that have to resort to personal attacks rather than debating a point obviously have no point to make.Trollism.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Pay no mind while you do your time. The men behind the curtain are prisoners behind bars.

Rise from the abyss you always knew on the steps of the depth you discovered.

Joy drinks from the cup of sorrow.

flip a bird and walk your road.

edit on 9 11 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
See? We luv ya... please stick around....

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Thanks!

All of you. I do not know why I let these fools get under my skin. I know better.

I like a good debate, but it is frustrating when some one misquotes me over and over again. I certainly do not help myself with all the typos I make.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

With respect,

At least in the thread you write about here:

It has everything to do with how you are phrasing your replies. They can be read and interpreted multiple ways.

For example;
The membership here often comments about how sarcasm can be misconstrued in written form.
The same is true for honest responses.

It is our job using language to try to get our ideas across without any room for misinterpretation. I don't think anyone can do this on a written forum every time.
I think I fail at it as often as I succeed. Hopefully this time is one of the latter rather than the former.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hang in there jrod. There is so much negativity in the world these days and then when one is being attacked or picked on it can be overwhelming. And it can really impact a person's self worth and emotions. Never mind people who can't uplift others. Someone once told me: there are such miserable people in this world that they can't function unless they make everyone else feel just as miserable. If that's their type of existence I choose to feel sorry for them instead of getting angry at them.

I was reading your other post just now about the job issue and you mentioned you have bad social anxiety. This is such a demon on its own and then when you get people picking at you it just amplifies things. If it helps, and I just said this to my daughter who has bad social anxiety: remember you have an audience of one, God. In our case this is our belief. But if you have another faith or someone vital in your life make that person the focal point of your mind when faced with anxious moments. It's something I'm working on with my daughter - but when you're in that kind of head space it is the hardest battle. I know this as I suffered with it terribly growing up.

Just remember we all have our issues and the best thing to do on ATS is not to take things personally. It used to really bother me when I'd read a thread and see people picking at the one individual or feel attacked myself. In the end I spent so much energy defending myself, my belief and they just carried on that it was not healthy for me. Now I choose to just ignore it and carry on. We all have our opinions and experiences and you just have to ignore those that keep after you.

We can all learn from each other. And who cares about typos - are we really so small minded that we have to pick on something so trivial? If we get the point then that's all that matters. I get so mad at posters who pick apart others when their spelling and grammar isn't up to par. Well are we ALL rocket scientists?

You just keep posting and sharing - that's what ATS is all about. Glad you're here.

edit on 11/9/14 by ccseagull because: Elaborated a bit

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Don't let the bastards get you down, brother!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join