It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorologists Predict Record-Shattering Snowfall Coming Soon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So what happens if this happens?

Do I get moved from the hoax bin?

lol

Silly question, I know.

After looking over the link that shows it to be a hoax, I am kind of relieved, however hearing everyone's thoughts about what they are seeing for this winter...yikes.

edit on 11-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

We get another winter here in the great lakes region like last year, the lakes are going to be above their long term averages for the first time in god knows how long.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

As long as it doesn't get as cold, I can handle lots of snow, just not that cold air.
Last year was terrible!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Don't know if your thread should have gone into the HOAX bin, but I can tell you that there are many different forecasts for this 2014/2015 winter. Here's just a handful of weather map images that can be found by various people/groups making predictions (PS> They say if you have a room with 100 weather guys in it and ask for a forecast, you'll get 100 different ones, hehehe):

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hoax Smoax,
I'm with Bonez, it's gonna be a cold winter .
Especially near the great lakes . The Ice Age is here .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, I personally am expecting a lot of snow this year and an early winter and very long winter.

I think Bonez is right, it is going to be gnarly.

Even if the article was a hoax, the message I think is close to correct,
it will be a rough one this year.

Something for me to ponder about this thread too,
I posted it at 9:11 on 9/11....

lol

*weirds out*

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My pen friend in Canada says they have had snow already, just over a week into September, surely that's a bit early?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Yeah, Homer Alaska got snow already too.
Very early.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
My pen friend in Canada says they have had snow already, just over a week into September, surely that's a bit early?

Definitely early. By about a month or so. Calgary had enough of an early dump of snow that trees came down, knocked out power as well.
There's still lots on the ground in places.

I've read in the farmers almanac that lower Canada is expecting heavier than usual snow fall, and the North will be milder.

I'm in the section of Canada where mild and dryer meets colder and snowier. I don't know what to expect ..

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Don't know if your thread should have gone into the HOAX bin,

It went to the hoax bin because the source website creates fictitious news as click-bait. Much worse than the Onion, which clearly identifies itself as satire, Empire News writes fiction, with no indication that it's making things up.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah, when I realized it, I felt kind of dumb, but like I said, live and learn!

My first hoax bin thread.

maybe all of this will happen, and then it can get moved into the paranormal section as a freakishly odd accidental unintended premonition that was originally a hoax...

lol

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well, I'm still hoping for record shattering snowfall. I'm calling hoax on the hoax because I've got some serious riding to do this winter.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Not sure why this is a Hoax but if the amount of rainfall that fell this spring/summer/fall is any indication of what is to come this winter, I fear we will be measuring in feet, not inches (even though we are metric). The temps were so so this year but not one heat wave was part of this summer; we usually get at least one or two of those a summer. The humidity was excessive with even moderate temp days feeling much warmer than the actual temp.
I can see temps being normal or above normal this winter, but when your normal is below freezing a few degrees don't really matter either way unless they take you above freezing. It is the humidity that I am concerned with and all that moisture is going to drop tons of snow. Get ready.
BTW when it snows, you are pretty much stuck until it is cleared, don't care where you live or how much you think you are weathered and experienced snow is not fun to drive in. Living in the Great Lakes Region, but our snow usually comes down from Lake Huron which is one of the last lakes to freeze and can really play havoc with lake effect snow. Although I live on the north shore of Lake Erie, rarely do we see the lake effect from it as it usually goes south and piles up in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Lake Erie is one of the shallowest and one of the first to freeze so lake effect is usually during the freeze/thaw process.
I hope this winter is nothing like last year, but my gut says it will be worse.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

This is why.

The same satire Web site that announced Betty White dyed (her hair) last week, now proclaims epic snows will bury the U.S. this winter.

“Pretty much everyone will see snow like they never have in their lives,” says Edward F. Blankenbaker, Senior Administrator of Meteorologists, according to spoof-source Empire News.

“Most younger people don’t even know what an actual blizzard looks like, but by the end of March, they will be seasoned survivalists.”

Just like many people on the internet didn’t “get” the Betty White hoax and shared it with all of their friends, the fake snow forecast has also gone viral.

m.washingtonpost.com...

I fell for it.
*facepalm*
lol
edit on 12-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Don't know if your thread should have gone into the HOAX bin,

It went to the hoax bin because the source website creates fictitious news as click-bait. Much worse than the Onion, which clearly identifies itself as satire, Empire News writes fiction, with no indication that it's making things up.

Ooooooo.

So you mean they just put stuff out there with nothing at the site saying something like: The following is satire only (or something like that?).

Ahhhh. The cheeky butt-heads!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yeah, that is kind of a low blow.
Empire News....

A HOAX site!
glad I am aware of that now,
and so is everyone else who reads the thread!

So I guess some good came out of it...lol

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That would be due to lack of rain. The leaves don't turn due to cold weather they turn in response to waning daylight hours. Shorter days less Sun leaves turn. Think about it. In the early spring when it's way colder than it is right now those little green buds appear. Because the days are growing longer then not because of temperature. reply to: _BoneZ_

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
...post removed...HOAX i See.

edit on 22-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Wouldn't one assume that satire would be... well... funny? Not surprising you believed it. It sure wasn't funny. But at least now we know not to link that website.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

1909 Cold temperature records fall throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan Nov 15th.

edit on 19-11-2014 by SolarMinimun because: Youtube link wouldn't show correctly

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join