It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we evolving into a NEW type of human? 'Different' species will have evolved by 2050

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
I see us as splitting into two evolutionary groups, one will survive and inherit the earth the other will eventually go extinct. I see this in the people I interact with in my daily life, with the people I react with online, in the media--to me its obvious we are going on two evolutionary paths.

Im sure many ATS'ers see it too, many use the term "sheeple", thats sort of what I'm getting at. Those who will embrace knowledge and progress, and those who embrace BS and will go extinct.

Just my thoughts.

they wont become extinct, we will just harvest them above ground and provide them with fruits and berries to fatten them up, while we toil away below the ground turning levers and making sparks for no apparent reason.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

We won't see a divergence in humans to different species unless one of two things happen:

1) Space colonization; which will limit genetic exchange between populations

2) An apocalyptic type of event which destroys our way of life and bottlenecks humans into remote areas for an extremely extended length of time.

Humans will still evolve; however, due to our ability to manipulate the world around us, it'll take something beyond our control for us to branch off into multiple species.

Also should add, the only way this happens in 50 years is to artificially manipulate the gene pool.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I would EXPECT a " researcher " to actually know what evolution is - but meh apparently not

but to answer the question : NO

evolution = the change in the frequency of alleles in a population over generations

yes we will evolve - but not to the point of speciation [ at least not for millennia ]

what has changed [ and will change ] is socieital norms and technology use

but that's not evolution

compare us [ 2nd decade of the 21st century ] to the denizens of the british empire in the 2nd decade of the 19th century [ 1814 ]

evolution wise - our allele frequencies have changed - but we are still the same species [ there are probably bigger allele shifts between " races " than has occurred in each population ]

but our society and technology has changed beyond comprehension

this does not make us a new species however

rant over

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just sounds like we are getting more technology, health and reproductive, and we are being replaced by machines/tech.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They are confusing technological advancement with evolution. Evolution takes thousands of years and even an advanced eugenics program could only increase the prevalence of desired traits that already exist. It would not produce new traits or abilities that previously did not exist in the human species.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
When you see the projects scientists are working on today, he is completely right. There will be chips installed to monitor our health and maybe even chips to 'calm down worst criminals'. Projects scientists are working on today are beyond sci-fi. Just look at the 2045 project. If it's not a completely different species, nothing is. And this project is not the only one.

There will be few different species in the future, that's for sure. Even if it only means having robotic body.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

speciation takes a lot longer than that ordinarily, agreed - but we now have the capacity to manipulate genetics

i think that will be the next area of tech growth (excuse the pun) - organisms designed to do specific jobs for us - gm food is just the beginning imo

and eventually the next human species might be self-created

eta: homo coelum perhaps
edit on 12-9-2014 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Many thanks for all the replies. Like many here, I think that this is not evolution, but rather a jump in tech that will extend life...though over time (a long time) will effect how humans evolve. Unless of course something bad happens, such as a massive CME that makes tech irrelevant. In which case, we'll still evolve, just a tad bit slower.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I don't know about that. Personally I think it is ridiculous.

Man is no longer subject to many evolutionary stresses.

Is it survival of the fittest? Umm... nope.

Are evolutionarily bad traits being bred out of us by natural selection? Nope.

Are we controlling our environment or are we subject to our environment? We are controlling it to a huge degree. When it's really hot or cold do we not insulate ourselves inside cooled or heated capsules of one type or another?

Are smarter people reproducing faster or stupid people? Are evolutionary forces favoring intelligence? Nope and NOPE.

This can go on and on.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Nope .. the tech will change but humans will still be the same primitive savages theyve always been ...

In natural disasters everyone as you say turn into the primitive savages which we really are, and that is world wide.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have to wonder how some isolated Amazonian tribe fits into this coming evolutionary process,

2050? don't think so.

He said we are already having children later in life, that means nothing.

edit on 093030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: john452
They are confusing technological advancement with evolution. Evolution takes thousands of years and even an advanced eugenics program could only increase the prevalence of desired traits that already exist. It would not produce new traits or abilities that previously did not exist in the human species.

thank you

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: john452

I have to disagree. Maybe human technology isn’t evolution by Darwins definition. But words can be ambiguous and are not usually based on any universal law, but rather a perception.

A lot of people seem to consider human consciousness as a separate entity to evolution. But to me human consciousness ‘is’ the force of evolution advancing to the point to where it has become self-aware.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
genes evolve and adapt all the time, so species will change over time maybe a 1000 years but not by 2050

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I'm not entirely sold on it. Natural selection is not really at play anymore because of technology. I deal with some really, really unintelligent people and natural selection should have long ago removed them from the gene pool but they are still alive and kicking.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I sometimes have to wonder whether Nordic aliens might have abducted my old lady 30 something years ago, then impregnated her to create me, it would make so much sense. I've always felt like a different species to the majority of people I come across.

Seriously though, we have already reached a point where we have the power to evolve artificially.

Think about it. Computers for enhanced brainpower, vehicles and planes for enhanced speed and distance, machines for enhanced strength & accuracy and telecommunications have enhanced our ability to communicate.

I doubt we will actually be a different species in 2050. But I wouldn't be surprised if we've all become one race in the not to distant future, as the globalisation of world moves forward and isolated cultures become rarer.

Odd but interesting and not that unusual either, you are not alone.

I am different again, I remember fact's and figures and seem to be from another earth circa 1993 or shortly before, the bulk is identical but there are differences in the Bible and in the History I remember as well as several prominant matters.
For example in the Bible I read several times and it was a King James version, in that Reality or dimension I think I was native too the book of Revelation contained a paragraph about a being who had the number Severn Threescore and Seven (The number of man - all mankind), he was sent down (so an angel) to overcome the Beast (Six threescore and Six the number of A man (A as in Singular so only the beast has that number and it's followers or kingdom)), also in the bible I read unlike the one I read after that time there was never any statement that is in opposition to the new testament of "give the immoral brother to Satan", indeed not only is that statement at odd's with the bible I remember from before that date and it is not only the bible that is altered, I remember A white Boar Seperatist leader on the BBC news whom was giving an interview in which he claimed emphatically that the white man was Seven Seven Seven, (note the mistranslation of Three Score from 60 to seventy) and he was known simply as De'Boer, his follower's all wore desert Khaki with Hitler youth style hat's and most tellingly they flew a flag that was reminiscent of a cross between the Manx Flag and the Nazi Swastica which he said was the three sevens, he also called the Black people the beast in typical racist ranting fashion.
Here is that flag and a little on that south african movement who wanted a seperate state as they were opposed to the abolishion of appartheid.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now here is the funny thing, that guy called De'Boar existed in this reality/time stream too but he was simply called Eugene Terreblanche (white Earth is the meaning of that surname).

It was burned into my memory for two reasons, I had read the book of revelation that morning as I had many time's and it was the one before this alteration or reality shift and I flew out of my chair outraged at Mr Terreblanche abusing the Bible and mistranslating it to his own political and idiological use as I watched the interview on the BBC news, I actually may have spoken out loud at the inanimate object that is the television in heightened emotions (I used to be rather religious) and shouted blasphemy, of course the poor television was not but Mr De'Boer most certainly was.

Another odd thing a page that I read but could never find again at some point before this alteration or dimension shift was more like a message and it felt personal somehow, "Write these words upon the pillar of your heart for they are life" and "A new religion is coming and many will follow it but do not be decieved".

In another difference the book of genesis was different slightly and of course there was the vision that Jacob had of God at Bethel which is no longer present.

"Jacob, Jacob", Jacob turned and looked up, there was a huge ladder that reached to all parts of the world and up to heaven with beings that he knew were the servants of God ascending and descending it and above the heaven, above the ladder was a throne like a sapphire and an emerald, standing before and amidst the throne was a being like a man, he had a face like the sun but brighter and his eyes' blazed white like coals in a furnace, his hair and beard were whiter than the whitest snow and he was crowned with a rainbow but with colours jacob could not describe, he was robed in white down to his ankles and had a gold belt or cord around his chest, his feet and hand's shone like burnished brass reflecting the light of a furnace and he continued, "Jacob my son, I am your Father and the god of your Forefathers Abraham and Isaac, behold this place upon which you now lie, as far to the west and the east, the north and the south as you can see I now give it to you and all your descendant's as an inheritance even until the end of the world, can you count the stars of heaven or the sands of the earth upon which you now lie yet I alone who made them know there true number and I shall multiply your descendant's until they are greater in numbers even than these but they shall not always obey me and I shall punish them upon my threshing floor, like chaff upon the wind I shall scatter them into the north and the south, the east and the west, into every nation and every Family of man until all the world are your descendant's and all nations are blessed by your seed but a remnant I shall keep true to my self and when I have fulfilled these thing's that I have told you I shall bring them back here to this place and raise them up even to my throne and set them as rulers and kings over the world and they shall rule it in my name".

When Jacob woke he took the stone he had used for a pillow and set it up on it's end as a pillar the he took the little rare oil he had with him and anointed the pillar as an offering to the lord, after he called that place Bethel which is the House of god for he said "Surely this is the House of God and I knew it not".

I could go on and on as there is simply so much different but one thing I don't think I have seen a true blue sky since this reality shift or dimensional displacement took place.

Now I am a little bit on the sinful side so am no one to quote chapter and verse but I do know the Bible is not the one I DID read and it is not a false memory either.

Many thing's about this world since that alteration which was undetectably subtle are odd and unreal feeling, almost like a real dream or nightmare you can not wake up from and this world feel's so utterly Godless.

SO if anyone is an alien in this world it has to be me and I think this is an inferior reality or less dominant dimension that has me worrying about what could have exposed me to such a radical alteration in reality.

Is reality Fixed, NO! it is not.

edit on 12-9-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Are we evolving into a NEW type of human?

Yes. No species on earth ever stops evolving.

'Different' species will have evolved by 2050

I doubt that a new species (meaning unable to breed with today's humans) will arise within two generations of the millennial generation. That's absurd.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Technically speaking all out of Africa people are of one tribal descent and can intermarry but in Africa there are descendant of at least 8 tribes that never dispersed and due to isolation though they may have the same skin tone they are genetically different but still human and fully compatible, now here is an oddity, Sickly Cell Anoemia, it is most common between a very fair parent and a very dark skinned African and is a result of a genetic flaw or incompatibility as before modern travel the human race was on the verge of diversionary evolution into two seperate species of man, it may also have to do with the possible legacy or neanderthal and other human species genes that are found in today's out of africa populations especialy european's, At least in this chronology and dimensional structure of reality as percieved by science through a monocle.
edit on 12-9-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes I'm aware of these things. Heck if humans hadn't of interconnected the world and started traveling all over the place, all the individual races would have evolved into different species.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not necessarily. Neanderthals for example were isolated from sapiens for up to half a million years, apparently. Yet we were capable of breeding with them.

That’s the problem with the accepted understanding of what defines a species. If sapiens breed and had viable offspring with Neanderthal and Erectus, then why are they considered a different species?

edit on 12-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join