It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've come to realize most of you only want to protect your ability to be a jerk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

edit on 9/11/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

link   

If you met someone on the street and somehow, you found out they didn't agree with you one thing, you would assume that they're a "right winger" in order to play down an opposing opinion (just a stupid right winger, right?) in order to avoid any challenge to your own opinions and views.

You're simply making vague blanket claims about an entire political leaning of people based solely on your opinion with no context at all. There's nothing to refute, but I do believe this is telling of how you view opposing opinions.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

Yep. And I'd still fight beside you for that right and other rights... doesn't mean I won't tell you that you disgust me along the way.

That's your right to opine.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

Did you read past "Yes, right-wingers, I'm talking to you."? I was pretty specific.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: snarky412

Maybe you don't realize that there's more right-wing party's than just republicans and more left-wing party's than democrats. And it wasn't meant to be nice.

Pardon me, but what has that got to do with your attention grabbing title knocking anyone that is republican?

I've come to realize most of you only want to protect your ability to be a jerk

Yes right-wingers, I'm talking to you.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You hurt my feelers Kali.

One thing that popped out was that you think right wingers on this site are anti-gay. I think that's more the (conservative) religious than anything, but they seem to always lean right. I can name 10 members off the top of my head that are very right wing and also very tolerant of gay people.

Kali I think you're very bright. I also think you want what's best for everyone. It seems a little unfair to paint with such a broad brush. A-holes are a-holes, regardless of political affiliation.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I also feel that a lot of right wing thinking is absurd.

Selfish, fearful and regressive.
Even if I feel that their minds are in the way of human evolution beyond merely animals with dangerous tools, extreme left would be like changing us all to robots.

We need people with different views to keep a balanced society...but I still hope that much of the right wing ideas will fade away has we evolve.

Yes evolve, sorry, it's my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I read the entire thing. Did you read the part where I wrote "vague blanket claims"?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
You hurt my feelers Kali.

One thing that popped out was that you think right wingers on this site are anti-gay. I think that's more the (conservative) religious than anything, but they seem to always lean right. I can name 10 members off the top of my head that are very right wing and also very tolerant of gay people.

Kali I think you're very bright. I also think you want what's best for everyone. It seems a little unfair to paint with such a broad brush. A-holes are a-holes, regardless of political affiliation.

Like me!
Atheist
Pro gay marriage (they should be able to suffer just like straight people)
Hate all the diversity crap.

Oh yeah, evolution is real to!

Still not voting for a progressive..lol
edit on 11-9-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lokin
No. Not all right wingers are racist,sexist, bigots. But most racist, sexist, bigots are right wingers.a reply to: Fargoth

No matter what the left wing media and left-wingers in general, would want us to believe, political orientation has little to do with bigotry. I base this on my own life's experience. I live in a bastion of liberalism and see bigots every day.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Labels are so divisive.

I hear your frustration but all I see a bunch of Independents on ATS.

Do you have a recent example ?

True Right Wingers don't waste their time on Internet Forums.

Cause, their too busy counting their money.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I addressed right wingers not republicans. There are other right wing party's besides republicans.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

What's vague?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Every rule has an exception. And very few humans have limitless tolerance. Mine is gone, thus the rant.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

This has nothing to do with elections, the party I'm most likely to vote for doesn't run. This has to do with ethics, morals and the issues that those two things tangle with me and the right-wing.

And yet half the things you mention in your thundering tirade applies more so to Left Wingers.

5 stages of grief comes to mind when things get exposed for what they are.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Labels are divisive. I'm feeling divided because they're constantly hurled around by the right on this site and wherever else I run into them, in real life and online. I'm done with trying to rationalize with them when everything they say is immediately contradicted by the next thing they say.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I addressed right wingers not republicans. There are other right wing party's besides republicans.

Sounds like splitting hairs IMO, playing the word game
Typical of Dems *sigh*

I've only defined in my rant what doesn't make sense to me and the team who's mascot makes me want to puke.

Hmmm, that mascot would make it Republican then
Yep, splitting hairs, word-game

edit on 11-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

haha you are about the perfect example of what I'm talking about. Everything you disagree automatically becomes attributed to the left. Corporatization, banking, just to name the most obvious of your inanity... all heavily protected by the right. It's outrageously funny as well as incredibly sad to read anything you write.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm not a democrat

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Labels are so divisive.

I hear your frustration but all I see a bunch of Independents on ATS.

Do you have a recent example ?

True Right Wingers don't waste their time on Internet Forums.

Cause, their too busy counting their money.

Hey careful there !!!

Some Right Wingers might take offense.

I know some that *Hire* people to count money !!

[ but I know more Left Wingers that do that too ]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join