It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Teacher Has Sixth-graders Compare George Bush to Adolf Hitler

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Meh. Compare and contrast doesn't just mean compare. If you think it does then I'd say you may be the one who has a problem with Bush.

I mean yeah if the idea was presented to me I would say "Don't do it stupid!" but this was most likely a dumb mistake. Even if it was intended to compare Bush to Hitler it wasn't required. Kids could have put down innocuous crap in the middle of the diagram.

Not a big deal. Teacher realizes it was dumb, is going to apologize, the kids will be fine. I'm surprised more people aren't pleased considering the rap Bush normally gets here. Would have taught some critical thinking even if the point of the exercise was to vilify Bush.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Well, I doubt you were even born when Hitler was around, so what’s your point?

I notice none the fanatical conservatives have given any kind of logical reason for why this was so wrong. Just a few irrational remarks of how it should have been Obama, as if that would have made it ok. Where’s the logic in that.

The only reason I can contemplate as to why people would be so hostile towards this, is because you know just how similar bush and Hitler actually were and want to keep the truth from your kids.

Sounds like political dogma to me.

edit on 11-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You very much can compare Bush to Hitler. I do think he wished to be a dictator, he even admitted it.
The thing that stopped him was a supposed survey of US Marines stating they would not disarm Americans.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Metallicus

So it'd be okay to compare Obama and Stalin?

Just sayin'. . . . . . .

Ditto.

IF Bush is to Hitler

Then Obama = Stalin or Mao more people died under those two regimes than under fascism.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

They should do a comparison of Mussolini and Obama, it's a more accurate comparison, IMO. If your offended by that, then you should be offended by what the teacher was doing in the original post.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And then these kids grow up to find ATS and get a full dose of Bias Affirmation and live happily ever after.

The end.

Now go bed boys and girls.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well when you think of Hitler's Act of Enablement and the Patriot Act they are in fact very much alike. They both took away the rights of citizens and made mass arrests for the good of the people and ushered in Government abuse on a wide scale. Obama raised the stakes with the National Defense Authorization Act and basically gave foreign troops and our military the right to arrest civillian's and basically destroyed our constitution in full. If you can't see this you haven't looked it up. Hitler said these laws would only be used to protect German citizens from enemies of the state.Sound familliar? We will only use it to find terrorists. Guess what you dont agree with something the government does your automatically labelled as a terrorist. Want to keep guns? Terrorist. Believe in the Constitution? Terrorist. Have a don't tread on me flag? Terrorist. Dont like having the flu vaccine given to your kids that may cause autism or have other bad health effects? Terrorist. Don't like the world bank taking your taxes every year? Terrorist.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well when you think of Hitler's Act of Enablement and the Patriot Act they are in fact very much alike. They both took away the rights of citizens and made mass arrests for the good of the people and ushered in Government abuse on a wide scale. Obama raised the stakes with the National Defense Authorization Act and basically gave foreign troops and our military the right to arrest civillian's and basically destroyed our constitution in full. If you can't see this you haven't looked it up. Hitler said these laws would only be used to protect German citizens from enemies of the state.Sound familliar? We will only use it to find terrorists. Guess what you dont agree with something the government does your automatically labelled as a terrorist. Want to keep guns? Terrorist. Believe in the Constitution? Terrorist. Have a don't tread on me flag? Terrorist. Dont like having the flu vaccine given to your kids that may cause autism or have other bad health effects? Terrorist. Don't like the world bank taking your taxes every year? Terrorist.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I wouldn't apologize at all. They are both valid prominent figures in American History. I'd compare them for an exercise in the differences between world leaders. Teens need to discuss these matters. better to do it in a classroom setting where healthy discussion can challenge those young minds.

It's called Teaching. I see nothing wrong with this at all.
edit on 12-9-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
For some reason I have this suspicion that if the diagram were comparing Obama to Idi Amin, the crowd saying " it's no big deal, she is not influencing children, etc" would sing a different tune.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The only reason I can contemplate as to why people would be so hostile towards this, is because you know just how similar bush and Hitler actually were and want to keep the truth from your kids.

That's why, right there.. This mentality, this venomous spite ; intentioned to influence children before they even realize they're being influenced. You went from saying "it's a dumb diagram, she's not comparing hitler to bush" , to "it's the truth, bush is just like hitler."

It's poor-form politics that do NOT, belong in a class room.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think it's a good exercise, I wonder how many comparisons They drew?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

You went from saying "it's a dumb diagram, she's not comparing hitler to bush" , to "it's the truth, bush is just like hitler."

What!?!

I said

She didn’t even compare Hitler to bush at all, she simply designed a venn diagram as homework to let the students come to there own conclusion. She probably just thought it would be a good way to stimulate the students and encourage them to think outside the box.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think that the teacher shouldn't have done that but after looking at what happened. I think everyone blew it out of proportion.

You ask.. why not Obama? Because he's still in office and Bush isn't and hitler isn't. I really do think it's that simple.

Of course.. Bush did invade two countries and Obama did not. Our Shock and Awe could be compared to a blitzkrieg.

Before you start saying he built coalition or any of that crap, Bush and Cheney pushed hard for that invasion and they got it. Bush is a bit like Hitler.

Now for everyone saying that we should then compare Obama to Stalin, give me a solid example of that, keeping in mind that our congress (both dems and republicans) are deep in the pockets of big money corporations and that we have three branches of government with equal share of power....

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

You went from saying "it's a dumb diagram, she's not comparing hitler to bush" , to "it's the truth, bush is just like hitler."

What!?!

I said

She didn’t even compare Hitler to bush at all, she simply designed a venn diagram as homework to let the students come to there own conclusion. She probably just thought it would be a good way to stimulate the students and encourage them to think outside the box.

You completely cut out your quote I referenced, and then butchered my response, so as to read like you didn't say what I quoted.
Poor-form, sir. Poor form...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You ask.. why not Obama? Because he's still in office and Bush isn't and hitler isn't. I really do think it's that simple.

The thing is, it's not whether it was Bush or Obama. It's that it was rather low-brow, no matter which president was used. Why not diagram comparisons between Obama & Bush ? Why not, Nixon to Adams ?

Because the teacher had an agenda. I really do think it's that simple. Agendas involving politics, of either side, do not belong in elementary school curriculum.

edit on 12-9-2014 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2014 by CrawlingChaos because: bad typing

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

You paraphrased quotes from two of my posts and made them into one quote that totally misrepresented what I said. Then accuse me of butchering your post. Nice try.

At least I copied and pasted your quote and didn't just dream up a completely different quote.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

BRAVO!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I did not, read my post again...

That is what I quoted, did you not say this ?

That's why, right there.. This mentality, this venomous spite ; intentioned to influence children before they even realize they're being influenced. You went from saying "it's a dumb diagram, she's not comparing hitler to bush" , to "it's the truth, bush is just like hitler."

That was my response. Which you cut over half of out. here :

At least I copied and pasted your quote and didn't just dream up a completely different quote.

Your right-click is broken, we'll go with that...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If she alledgedly did nothing wrong, then why is the school system hiding who the is, hiding her identity, and refusing to discuss it any further?

Had this been any other situation, and you all know what I mean, her name would be plastered all over "Breaking News!" banners, and CNN would be blowing her address "accidentally" all over prime time, complete with GPS maps and a reporter "live, on scene" driving to her home, standing outside her house, trying to get more information.

Then, walking back the story, apologizing, saying they erred in judgement, yet, leaving all the videos with directions to her home online, even though it was a mistake.

If she did nothing wrong, why hide?

www.thedailybeast.com...

The teacher admitted "extremely poor judgement, and will apologize to the class", yet, she did nothing wrong.

So, why not stand by her beliefs, then, if she did nothing wrong? Where is the courage of her convictions?

So what, really, is this teaching the students?

The teacher made a boo boo.
She must admit her mistake and apologize.
The school system will not identify her, and keep her a secret from media.
If you make errors in judgement, it's ok as long as you apologize.
He school system will hide and protect you, because the public will just believe it 'has been handled, accordingly'.

Nothing to see here, move along.

If she did nothing wrong, why apologize? What will she say?

"I did nothing wrong, but the principal is making me apologize anyway."?

What are the kids going to take away from the mixed signals going on?

Think about the children!

Could it be, she is (looks around in paranoid fashion) ... black?! (gasps from audience)

Could it be she is Democrat? ( Watches audience squirm uncomfortably in their chairs?

Could it be she is possibly an avid, outspoken, Obama supporter? (watches audience glance at each other, pregauging responses before allowing faux anger to rise)

(Watches audience look at each other as they slowly begin to rise to their feet, clearning their throats, before a fat lady takes the microphone, and yells)

What difference does THAT make?!

*Gets flame retardant suit out*

I know what's coming next!

ETA - There are only 5 enlgish teachers on staff, so I suppose you can take your pick.

mckinleytech.org...

edit on 12-9-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join