It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Officer Barred from Entering Daughter’s High School Over Uniform

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I shook my head when I read this, but it inspires in me one basic question. How and why is the military uniform of our nations armed forces offensive? AND if someone is offended by it, who cares? Toughen up.

A security officer at a Michigan high school told an Army lieutenant Tuesday that he could not enter the school because he was wearing his uniform and "may offend another student," MyFoxDetroit.com reported.

Lt. Col. Sherwood Baker told the station he was visiting Rochester Adams High School because his daughter was having difficulty navigating the school.

He was turned away, even though the Rochester School District has no policy barring individuals in uniform from entering the school.

Source
edit on 2014/9/11 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
well at least faux news changed their story since yesterday. yesterday added on was a comment that the real problem for not being allowed he wasn't wearing a tie. ridiculous whatever the case.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What I took from the story was that security officer made the call, and that was that. Could've been a "Political Correctness Gone Wild", or jealousy, or even just plain idiocy. The school administration apologized, and are taking measures to correct matters.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Is it possible that the school guard thought if students see the guy in his uniform they might be tempted to join up?
If that was his reason I'd buy him a beer

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Sounds too me like the security officer was the one with the problem with it! What is wrong with people! I can't see why it would offend fellow students, all he was trying too do was help his daughter out.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's illegal to be an American in America!

Push the issue and you will soon be on the "Terrorist" watch list!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I certainly hope his bias toward uniforms includes police officers, The Lt. should have just beat his ass for refusing to admit him to see his daughter.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The way the vague article words it, it sounds like there was a particular student it may offend. Perhaps there was a girl who was just raped by a soldier or something, who knows?

To me, if the guard was just meaning students, in general, I imagine he would have said "it may offend the students".

With our experience in reading half-written articles meant to convey half-truths and false conclusions, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a very key component to the reason he wasn't admitted into the school.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Whiny progressive potato-heads offend me.

But if they were not allowed in schools, there'd be practically no teachers!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

potato-heads offend me.

The Irish in me is offended. We prefer tuber-head now.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

If I still had a pair of birkenstocks they'd be offended.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

potato-heads offend me.

The Irish in me is offended. We prefer tuber-head now.

I'm offended that you'd think that I'd criticize the Irish.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: beezzer

If I still had a pair of birkenstocks they'd be offended.

Birkenstocks don't offend me.

Unicorns offend me.

Ban unicorns.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I can understand and would be more than willing to agree with restricting an adult's attire, uniform or not, if a student had gone through a mental trauma situation like a rape by soldier, or solider parent death(s) attached to it. It's one thing to be a dick for no reason, but if it's a valid trauma reason, screw the rest of them, the kid's mental health is more important that his uniform is. Assuming that's what it's about in the first place.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
...if a student had gone through a mental trauma situation like a rape by soldier...

Replace 'soldier' with 'person wearing a button down shirt' and you going to ban everyone who wears one of those too?

More rampant mamby-pambyism.

edit on 11-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Unicorns offend me.

Ban unicorns.

Watch yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm going to guess a Muslim student would be offended.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Sounds too me like the security officer was the one with the problem with it! What is wrong with people! I can't see why it would offend fellow students, all he was trying too do was help his daughter out.

I would not have been so nice. If my kid goes to a school I will visit that school and check on my kid any dam time I please. When I was in High School there were always people from the military there giving kids advise and helping them if they wanted to go into the military, former students who enlisted who are stopping by to talk to their former teachers and friends. People actually respected the uniform back then, people who do not make me sick.

I guess the rentacop who was the school security officer was not allowed to join for some reason.

Its the evil corrupt civilian leadership that is the problem, the only problem I have with the military is they have not arrested these clowns and gave us our Republic back with no more acts, laws and other crap that was penned in without Congress.

If they could get rid of the pesky NSA listening to them, im sure it would happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
I certainly hope his bias toward uniforms includes police officers, The Lt. should have just beat his ass for refusing to admit him to see his daughter.

While I would have really thought about doing that, It would have been better to call the local news and make him look like a jackass that day. Most school security officers are cops down here in Florida.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Fatigues, greens, blues ... what was he wearing at the time and why did it matter to the guard? First thing most guys do after boot or AIT while they're on leave is return to their high school and parade around showing themselves off to teachers and girls just starting their senior year. And what about recruiters? Has this rent-a-cop been banning them at the entrance as well? Or aren't recruiters permitted in high schools these days?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join