It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO through the Eyes of Crying Oligarch's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
George Soros recently put out an op-ed bemoaning the sad state of global affairs occurring round the world. Henry Kissinger was also was recently crying in his beer about the faltering globalist plans for the "[New] World Order." While much of this faltering comes or will come at a high cost I am personally glad to see the NWO struggling as it begins to fail around the world. I'll focus on George Soros but Henry Kissinger's op-ed is also worth the read.

In particular I wanted to address a few of the specific points of George Soros's mini rant.

Britain needs greater unity not a messy break-up

This is the worst possible time for Britain to consider leaving the EU – or for Scotland to break with Britain.

The EU is an unfinished project of European states that have sacrificed part of their sovereignty to form an ever-closer union based on shared values and ideals.

Simply put George thinks that the independence of a nation is bad. Apparently he believes in democracy only when it suits him and the will of the Scottish or English people is of no consequence. Note he indicates EU countries have only given up a "part of their sovereignty" and he as a globalist sees nothing wrong with that.

Additionally and with alarm George sees the conflict now facing the (practically federated) EU. The bloody Russians!

Russia’s undeclared war against Ukraine is perhaps the most immediate example [of the push back to globalism.]

What George fails to mention is that he had a hand in causing that mess in Ukraine in the first place.

ZAKARIA: First on Ukraine, one of the things that many people recognized about you was that you during the revolutions of 1989 funded a lot of dissident activities, civil society groups in eastern Europe and Poland, the Czech Republic. Are you doing similar things in Ukraine?

SOROS: Well, I set up a foundation in Ukraine before Ukraine became independent of Russia. And the foundation has been functioning ever since and played an important part in events now.
CNN: Interview with George Soros

Well, sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men go awry. What else is George moaning about?

Resurgent nationalism and illiberal democracy are on the rise within Europe, at its borders and around the globe.

Admittedly I had to look up what he meant by "illiberal democracy." Basically it means not a liberal democracy (read progressive) which would indicate a more conservative democracy. So George doesn't like it when people are loyal and proud of their country (nationalism) and doesn't like democracies that are conservative. Not news to many I'm sure but worth noting. In regard to the EU George goes on to say:

Two radically different forms of government are competing for ascendancy. The EU stands for principles of liberal democracy, international governance and the rule of law. In Russia, President Vladimir Putin maintains the outward appearance of democracy by exploiting a narrative of ethnic and religious nationalism

Simply put he believes the EU is the progressive light of "international governance" (ie globalism) while the Russians are the evil religious people who are loyal to and love their country and people. In addition he say's the following:

Prime Minister David Cameron has been persuaded by anti-European zeal – not least within his own party – to put UK membership in the EU to a vote in 2017. A poll on Scottish independence is only days away. Just when Britain should be confronting grave threats to its way of life

As for Scotland he say's:

an independent Scotland could not benefit from the low interest rates that a strong pound has brought.

Which means independence and sovereignty are less important than the interest rate on your credit card. For England he say's:

The same applies to a British exit from Europe. [EU] Policy differences can be mediated.

The importance of preserving the shared values underpinning a whole way of life far outweigh any possible advantages of independence.

Anyone trying to get satisfaction and mediation through Brussels is probably as aware of how well that works as is David Cameron. But the bottom line to George Soros is again that an independent county and national sovereignty are inconsequential compared to convenience of federalism, globalism and of course making money.

Thanks for clearing that up George.

edit on 763pm0606pm122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hey Bassago, So when This Hungarian A-Hole Neo Fascist Dies are we gonna Stuff him and Herr Kissinger and put their Degenerately Mal-Formed Bodies (or what;s left of them) in A Wax Museum Next to Hitler, Stalin, Rupert Murdoch, Nathan Rothschild, David Rockefeller and Freddy Krueger? Sounds like a fitting end to these wretched POS. Thanks for the Nice Thread
Arjunanda. a reply to: Bassago

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
In Soros's case, and most Progressives, they always talk in tangents.

Usually, what they say and do is the opposite of what would be best for the general population.

Soros funds many high profile Progressive organizations.

And naturally, he was a Nazi sympathizer in Hungary during WW2.

Then he miraculously got to England and went to the Rothschild's London School of Economics.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

are we gonna Stuff him and Herr Kissinger and put their Degenerately Mal-Formed Bodies (or what;s left of them) in A Wax Museum

I'm thinking more of just dumping in some forgotten ditch somewhere and good riddance. They would probably like the idea of being immortalized in a wax museum.

Also Soros and his ilk are the biggest argument against the push to trans-humanism there ever was. Can you imagine people like that living forever. God help us all.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Right On on That Brother, Maybe Cans of Chinese Made Dog Food, But On Second Thoughts That would be Cruel to The Poor Pooches. Peace
Arjunanda a reply to: Bassago

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Which probably goes a long way in explaining this:

Liberal billionaire George Soros is lending his name to the “Ready for Hillary” super PAC, donating $25,000 to become a co-chair of the group’s National Finance Committee ahead of a major donor confab in New York.

War Criminal Who Helped Hitler ‘George Soros’ Backs ‘Ready For Hillary’ Super PAC

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
In Soros's case, and most Progressives, they always talk in tangents.

Usually, what they say and do is the opposite of what would be best for the general population.

Soros funds many high profile Progressive organizations.

Then he miraculously got to England and went to the Rothschild's London School of Economics.

Xuenchen - you read too much Ann Coulter. He was a thirteen/fourteen year old boy and his father bribed a Nazi official to take him in as his Christian godson. While he was present during the taking of some Jewish people's property, (see second post below) to say he "collaborated" is an incredible stretch.

Should he have, as a young and immature teen, be seen as an evil Nazi Collaborator? His father went to great lengths to protect him, and, one could easily see that he was obeying his father by staying in hiding. This was a time of great fear and massive injustice, and you want to hold a young teen up as if he was in control of anything??

You hate progressives and what you believe they stand for. I get that. This accusation really bothers me though - it's just malicious and honestly, I don't really know much about Soros nor do I care, but I wouldn't put him up as a "Collaborator" as if he somehow AGREED with Nazis and HELPED them - he was trying to stay alive by hiding in plain sight, per his father's instruction. From the 60 minutes interview lead in on Soros where this was discussed, per SNOPES:

This is the relevant portion of the transcript (from the 20 December 1998 broadcast of 60 Minutes):

Quote:
KROFT: (Voiceover) To understand the complexities and contradictions in his personality, you have to go back to the very beginning: to Budapest, where George Soros was born 68 years ago to parents who were wealthy, well-educated and Jewish.

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)

KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.

(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew...

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...who escaped the Holocaust...

(Vintage footage of women walking by train)

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

(Vintage footage of people getting on train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) ... by -- by posing as a Christian.

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.

(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)

KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and -- and anticipate events and when -- when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a -- a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's -- that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not -- not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't -- you don't see the connection. But it was -- it created no -- no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None of that?

Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c -- I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was -- well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets -- that if I weren't there -- of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would -- would -- would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the -- whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the -- I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.

-AB
edit on 11-9-2014 by AboveBoard because: update

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

More Soros History...doesn't sound like an evil Nazi collaborator to ME...but..whatever...

Soros

Soros was born in Budapest, Hungary, to a non-observant Jewish family. His mother Elizabeth (also known as Erzsebet) came from a family that owned a thriving silk shop. His father Tivadar (also known as Teodoro) was a lawyer[12] and had been a prisoner of war during and after World War I until he escaped from Russia and rejoined his family in Budapest.[13][14] The two married in 1924. Tivadar was an Esperantist writer and taught Soros to speak Esperanto in his childhood.[15] Soros later said that he grew up in a Jewish home and that his parents were cautious with their religious roots.[16] Soros was thirteen years old in March 1944 when Nazi Germany occupied Hungary.[17] Soros took a job with the Jewish Council, which had been established during the Nazi occupation of Hungary. Soros later described this time to writer Michael Lewis:

The Jewish Council asked the little kids to hand out the deportation notices. I was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper ... It said report to the rabbi seminary at 9 am ... And I was given this list of names. I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."[18]

Later that year, at age 14, Soros lived with and posed as the godson of an employee of the Hungarian Ministry of Agriculture. The official was at one point ordered to inventory the remaining contents of the estate of a wealthy Jewish family that had fled the country; rather than leave the young Soros alone in the city, the official brought him along.[19] The next year, 1945, Soros survived the Battle of Budapest, in which Soviet and German forces fought house-to-house through the city.

Soros emigrated to England in 1947 and became an impoverished student at the London School of Economics.[20] While a student of the philosopher Karl Popper, Soros worked as a railway porter and as a waiter. A university tutor requested aid for Soros, and he received £40 from a Religious Society of Friends (Quaker) charity.[21] In a discussion at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council in 2006, Alvin Shuster, former foreign editor of the Los Angeles Times, asked Soros, "How does one go from an immigrant to a financier? ... When did you realize that you knew how to make money?" Soros replied, "Well, I had a variety of jobs and I ended up selling fancy goods on the sea side, souvenir shops, and I thought, that's really not what I was cut out to do. So, I wrote to every managing director in every merchant bank in London, got just one or two replies, and eventually that's how I got a job in a merchant bank."[22] That job was an entry-level position in Singer & Friedlander.

Soros earned a BSc in philosophy in 1951 and a PhD in philosophy in 1954, both from the London School of Economics.[23]

So...debate what he believes all you want, I don't care, but lets put the "Nazi Collaborator" label to rest, please?

- AB

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

Sounds like a Nazi collaborator to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Pluto in Capricorn... we can only hope the people of the world find a backbone.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yes yes of course.

Always a lot of feathers ruffled when people get exposed.

There's always MediaMatters.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Soros emigrated to England in 1947 and became an impoverished student at the London School of Economics. While a student of the philosopher Karl Popper, Soros worked as a railway porter and as a waiter. A university tutor requested aid for Soros, and he received £40 from a Religious Society of Friends (Quaker) charity.

Sure.

I would *REALLY* need some solid proof of these wild claims.

Maybe there is some solid proof?

I say he was sponsored by somebody. Somebody real rich and powerful.

I say he is a relative of some rich and powerful people.

"Rumor" has it, his Mother had a Brother in London. That's the relative.

Soros, like all those guys, has buried all the family history long ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Great thread. I do disagree about one thing these guys want democracy. Democracy is not a good thing once you understand what it really is.

Many leaders like this do not believe in individual rights. The world is falling apart because of this.
edit on 11-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I do disagree about one thing these guys want democracy. Democracy is not a good thing once you understand what it really is.

I agree they don't want democracy. Soros it seems sure likes the EU setup though where the real power resides in Brussels and not with the people.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Paint the picture of his youth however you want! Most of us here are judging him on his actions as an adult.......

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

ZAKARIA: First on Ukraine, one of the things that many people recognized about you was that you during the revolutions of 1989 funded a lot of dissident activities, civil society groups in eastern Europe and Poland, the Czech Republic. Are you doing similar things in Ukraine? SOROS: Well, I set up a foundation in Ukraine before Ukraine became independent of Russia. And the foundation has been functioning ever since and played an important part in events now. CNN: Interview with George Soros

Thank you so much for that. Those of us in other threads have been trying to say that the Ukraine mess was caused by us.and we haven't been believed about this. Soros lays it out in no uncertain terms here that he was involved for a long time to get Ukraine where it is now. Please no one answer as I don't want to drift this thread off topic.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

"Nazi Collaborator" - that is a wild claim I would like to see proof on! Wow! We agree!!

I am not willing to sling around words like "Nazi Collaborator" casually and with no substance. Sue me.
The only thing exposed? Lack of proof on these spurious claims.

Could he have had "rich" help? Hm. Heck if I know.

Could he have NOT had rich help and been an immigrant who did the American Dream, UK style?? *shrugs* There is at least some research to back up that idea to a degree. No man is really 100% "self made" and became wealthy in a total vacuum, but unless you have facts regarding the theory of a wealthy relative (we know his family started out wealthy in Hungry before the war, but after??), then bring them. I saw no links to where you are pulling your theory from. Frankly, I don't care where he got his money from. That is not my issue really, but yours.

So back to the Nazi thing.

I'm gathering you do not choose to believe what current writers and 60 minutes researched on him. Okay. Key word there is "believe." So no matter what is presented it will bounce off the teflon exterior of "belief." If he funded conservative causes that you like, would his history be that of a Nazi Collaborator in your eyes? Honestly?? See, I just thought that the accusation of "Nazi Collaborator" ought to have a wee bit more backing it up than your post provided.

- AB

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

*sigh*

Context is everything...

Later that year, at age 14, Soros lived with and posed as the godson of an employee of the Hungarian Ministry of Agriculture. The official was at one point ordered to inventory the remaining contents of the estate of a wealthy Jewish family that had fled the country; rather than leave the young Soros alone in the city, the official brought him along.[19] The next year, 1945, Soros survived the Battle of Budapest, in which Soviet and German forces fought house-to-house through the city.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You shouldn't believe everything Wikipedia tells you. Don't you think he might have had a little something to do with what's posted there?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here's something Soros himself said about Ukraine.

Is he lying or telling a real story?

His Progressive tentacles are everywhere.

Soros: “Well, I set up a foundation in Ukraine before Ukraine became independent of Russia. And the foundation has been functioning ever since and played an important part in events now” .....

“Many of the participants in Kiev’s ‘EuroMaidan’ demonstrations were members of Soros-funded NGOs and/or were trained by the same NGOs in the many workshops and conferences sponsored by Soros’ International Renaissance Foundation (IRF), and his various Open Society institutes and foundations. The IRF, founded and funded by Soros, boasts that it has given ‘more than any other donor organization’ to ‘democratic transformation’ of Ukraine,” writes William F. Jasper.

George Soros admits to funding the Ukraine crisis

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join