It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey baby boomers, die or get out if the way.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: whyamIhere

Lol.

I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning so I'll give you that.

No worries...

We all got a good chuckle.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Us OLD COOTS can't retire because the parasites on WALLSTREET stole all of our 401K money! At the time, we BELIEVED in the SYSTEM, so we bought the lies hook, line and sinker. As I am, so shall you be...keep that in mind, you young whipper snapper!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Don't recall seeing such a collection of generalized half truths in quite a while OP. In your early twenties? Got the cat by the tail? Think you're unique in that you got it all sussed? Hormonal miss firings is all you have! Probably worse than we had cos yours is fueled by fast food and GMO's. I have to admit though....Those were the good old days, When I thought I was IT!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
A bit like being a Racist, No?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The subject of this thread is a perfect example of why the boomers are still in positions of power.
The young kids today are clueless and don't know it.
They have never done anything but want to tell everybody how to do it.
I hope the boomers are there to help when their grandchildren fall flat on their faces.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The youngest Baby Boomers are just now turning 50, so you have a long time to wait.

You not only have no concept of what you're talking about, you even have a typo in the thread title; a perfect example of Idiocracy, a story that you are unknowingly playing your part in.

Thanks for the chuckle ;-)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I agree. On a whole my generation is pathetic. Even our so-called "awakening" to government and corruption is manufactured.

I just don't agree with my generation in many ways. I have more in common with your typical baby boomer than someone of the same age.

Not certain if many people in their early 20s could even name Chester A. Riley's best friend off the top of their head.

My generation: a huge disappointment. Huge.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Excellent post!

Anyone who really succeeds in this world is going to have to have this attitude. Take responsibility (don't blame it on the baby boomers) and use your innate creativity and the power that you have to create the world you want to see. onequestion could learn a lot from you.
edit on 9/11/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hey baby boomers, die or get out if the way.

Hey dude who thinks he can run the world .... you spelled 'of' wrong. And for you to want the deaths of millions of innocent people just because they are older than you ... that's disgusting.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Don't listen to these old coots, OP. You're absolutely right. I've been waiting for this system to collapse long enough. I can't think of a faster way to get there, than to put your generation in charge of everything. I'm tired of my generation propping it up, in hopes of salvaging it for a generation that has no respect, no values, and no foresight. I hope you get what you want, and I hope your kids are just like you.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Let's take my dad for example.
Retired after 26 years from his back breaking water dept. Job.
20 years in the Air National Guard.

To having to go back to work delivering school buses up and down the east coast.

He did not lose anything in a stock crash. He never had that.

What he had was a wife and a mother who got cancer.
A father who got cancer.

3 of my siblings who refuse to get jobs.. get pregnant..have more kids... live on welfare as well as their significant other.
Living at his house.
All while borrowing money from myself or my dad.

I see your frustration.
But be mindful that there are many baby boomers who still have kids with the old "FAILURE TO LAUNCH" syndrome.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sportbominable

I believe your OP is very ignorant and my dad could run circles around you with the knowledge he knows.

Because your dad rocks!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Op... I would like to mention that I saw your mood on your avatar profile, so I am wondering if you are actually having a crisis right now.

Please rest well if this is the case and kudos to you for actually displaying your mood.

During a manic episode, a person might impulsively quit a job, charge up huge amounts on credit cards, or feel rested after sleeping two hours. During a depressive episode, the same person might be too tired to get out of bed, and full of self-loathing and hopelessness over being unemployed and in debt.

More here for those members who did not spot the OPs mood : www.helpguide.org...

If indeed this is the case I would like to suggest to some members who have posted here to take that into account.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 11/9/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Lol.

Oh well, never mind. That's a good enough reason to insult a whole generation of Americans.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: Sportbominable

I believe your OP is very ignorant and my dad could run circles around you with the knowledge he knows.

Because your dad rocks!

Dude. Don't even go there. We had Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Skynyrd, CCR, etc. What's up today? One Direction(I can think which direction that is
) Nickie Manaj(I don''t care enough to Google to see if I spelled that right), Beiber(Canada is still apologizing for letting this virus on the world). Nuff said.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I grew up a poor immigrant from Costa Rica in the US.

My parents are Cuban refugees. I never graduated highschool because I had to work for a living. Didn't start completing my education until I was in my mid 20s when I was finally able to establish some sense of stability.

I've worked every kind of job. I've shoveled horse crap, worked fast food, mowed lawns, lifted heavy crap for 12 hours, so forth and so on.

I will be 32 before I finally get my degree in aviation maintenance.

This generation has no sense of what it takes to truly better one self. They'd rather sit at home and complain about the perceived "futility" of it all because somehow the cards are stacked against them...They have yet to realize that they hold all the cards. They make the calls for themselves and no one else will do it for them.

I hope you are the most successful person on the planet with an A&P and have your own shop making huge amounts of money, enjoying the fruits of your labor. It is nice to see someone from your generation that knows what they want and goes for it with no excuses. Congratulations.

link   
I have a mouse finger with turrets and often makes double post...

Please excuse my finger with the mind of it's own.
edit on 11-9-2014 by MarlinGrace because: Turrets

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Lol.

Oh well, never mind. That's a good enough reason to insult a whole generation of Americans.

What about the rest of us BB's here that aren't Americans?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: olaru12

Lol.

What about the rest of us BB's here that aren't Americans?

Oh yeah eh!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Your Generation can't even make decent Music. Or anything else, 90% of the time checking your dummie Phone, Good Luck and thanks for the Insult. PS. I just got back from Surfing for 3 hours at 58, I bet you'd have a hard time just paddling out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join