It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Global Unifying Threat was Needed, ISIS Emerged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interestingly, it stands to threaten the power of western Imperialism while also unifying the world against their own organization. If anything, it might tame Islam by forcing other radical groups to distance themselves from ISIS-like tactics. Remember how the NAZIs disabused the world of eugenics and tribalism to the point that now no one anywhere with any level of social concern considers eugenics to be a serious thought. I think ISIS could be the NAZI movement for Muslims, creating a condition that disabuses them of hostility and puritanism so thoroughly that 100 years from now Muslim children are accused of being like ISIS even when they say something slightly prudish. This might be a very good thing in the long run.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Interestingly, it stands to threaten the power of western Imperialism while also unifying the world against their own organization. If anything, it might tame Islam…

It isn't "Islam" that needs "taming". True Muslims don't believe in what the fabricated "radicals" claim. Real Radicals (in the west) claim Muslims are all extreme as a justification to attack all those places they inhabit. And theres lots of places.

On what level do we buy into the new enemy is at our gates? More like they are at the gates of the Refineries in Iraq and thats why we need to reengage there. Oh and by the way, Assad still "needs to go".

Could it be that simple. I'll tell you whats not simple, propaganda and brainwashing 24/7 from the western main scream about the new "enemy", over there. Are we all on the same page now?

They threaten shell and exxon, not the American people. But if you buy into it all, Corporations are people too; those are your interests.

Now, wash, rinse repeat.

Oil good, ISIS bad, Assad must go.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
It seems what Assad has been saying from the start is true,foreign terrorists kicking off in his country.I have always thought that he had every right to quash them.
Of course the Western media spouted the "he`s a bad man" line.
Looks like the West will gets it wish of bombing hell out of his country.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
Remember how the NAZIs disabused the world of eugenics and tribalism to the point that now no one anywhere with any level of social concern considers eugenics to be a serious thought.

Well, they hide their support of eugenics more. But there are certainly a number of powerful people in the US and elsewhere that still support eugenics.

Nationalism and tribalism is as powerful as ever.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Looks like the West will gets it wish of bombing hell out of his country.

Not to sure about that. Assads fire control radar might have something to say about combat aircraft screaming in low to attack anything in his country.

Have you noticed that narrative is missing from the conversation?

Like the West cares what he thinks, he is the intended target all along. ISIS is just the excuse to begin "Libya-izing Syria.

IMO, this is very interesting (this time) in that this supposed "coalition" is acting without consulting the UN or seeking a mandate through some resolution to begin "Democratizing" another Middle Eastern country.

We aren't even asking this time, we are just going to do it. Who the hell do we think we are?

I am sure the rest of the world has its own opinion about that as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

that fire control radar that didn't do didly to the Isrealis when they hit 9 targets?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Islam needs taming by every objective analysis. Until women are free to walk boldly in public without curtains, people are free to drink alcohol, kids are free to question their parent's authority, homosexuals are free to become Imams, and Islam embraces a united one world religion the way progressive Christians have, they are a problem to the future possibilities for humankind.

There is no progressive Islam. So, the leftist ideology that Islam is not problematic is erroneous at best.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

…ideology that Islam is not problematic is erroneous at best.

Spoken like a true religious zealot.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

that fire control radar that didn't do didly to the Isrealis when they hit 9 targets?

You meant that whole invading force of Israeli jets or the "couple sorties"?

What the Us led "Coalition" is proposing is not a "couple sorties".

Besides Assad is a cool cucumber or haven't you noticed. Imagine if he had even shot one round at those Israeli jets?
At that time a much sought after excuse to Democratize Syria was being vetted by the US. The red line chemical weapons threat was taken advantage of by Israel, imo.
edit on 11-9-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm a romantic idealist, but I'm not a zealot. I don't think we should kill Muslims to get them to conform to my ideology. Every other non-violent methodology under the sun is pretty much fair game including drugs in the drinking water, if only they'd actually smoke that hash that Pakistan manufactures so well, they might actually resemble something evolved.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GhostRadioNews

But there are certainly a number of powerful people in the US and elsewhere that still support eugenics.

Nationalism and tribalism is as powerful as ever.

So is cop "profiling", and any form we fill out.

The part where we check the box under "ethnicity"?

Also see, Ferguson, Mississippi.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

LOL Sure..whatever lets you keep your propaganda. The reason nothing happened is because they had no clue they were there. You don't delude yourself to think a "Coalition" wouldn't use the first "couple sorties" to completely demolish that fire control radar do you? I would guess air superiority in less than a couple days for a determined coalition.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Islam needs taming by every objective analysis. Until women are free to walk boldly in public without curtains, people are free to drink alcohol, kids are free to question their parent's authority, homosexuals are free to become Imams, and Islam embraces a united one world religion the way progressive Christians have, they are a problem to the future possibilities for humankind.

There is no progressive Islam. So, the leftist ideology that Islam is not problematic is erroneous at best.

Even so that is not only what IS is about.IS is a cult following of one obscure, extreme scholar called Wahabi who's own brother disowned him. Most Muslims would not qualify to IS, which could mean that they to would die. It's an impossible belief to follow because it is not part of the true nature of Man...and that's why the whole thing is a falsehood to begin with. Who set it up? find out where the money came from.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

LOL Sure..whatever lets you keep your propaganda.

The propaganda being generated is that it isn't alright for this ISIS to come into Iraq and destroy everything but its alright for us to sweep into Syria.

Did yo get that? Now hats propaganda .

I would guess air superiority in less than a couple days for a determined coalition.

I would guess one more countries sovereignty will be violated, this time without even consulting the UN.
In a world of International laws observed by all nations, that is less than "superior" behavior. In fact it is the lowest of low order criminal behavior.

High crimes and treason in fact. Looking back, I know which side I want to be counted on. The real American one. Not this tripe that passes for our government nowadays.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm a romantic idealist, but I'm not a zealot. I don't think we should kill Muslims to get them to conform to my ideology.

Well of course you didn't say that exactly… but those who "want something done" about Islam never do.

They say things like this…

]
Thats your quote in post about taming Islam.

Something to do with Berkahs(spelling), drunkenness and sex. Thats not what this whole conquer the ME thing is about. Kids everywhere get crap from their parents, dress codes and alcohol fuel lots of woman abuse. Men rape and murder women around the world.

But go ahead and distract the issue of this conversation and how it began-- I responded to you calling for "taming' islam on a thread about the threat Islam poses to the world.

Religious freedom is for everyone, not just "progressive Christians". Bombing anyone however is as low as it gets. Muslims aren't murdering anyone. If you believe that then you don't' understand anything spiritual.

Turn off CNN.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Muslims are patriarchal monotheistic puritans. They are oppressive to everyone who attempts to adhere to their religion and many who have no interest in doing so. They foster some of the worst governments on this planet at this present time. They make self-sacrificing Jews, Christians, Mormons, and the like seem almost acceptable by comparison.

People are free to have their own way of living this life, but I'm free to mock them and to try to convince as many people as possible to abandon their faith or pervert it with progressive ideology in order to transform it into something more palatable to my sensibilities. We need a modern day Apolonius who can go out and create another form of Islam. We need a new Catholic church that can absorb all of the major world's religions into a new institution in order to create some type of populist humanist philosophy for the masses to adhere towards.

Personally, I'd have everyone abandon organized religion if I could convince them one by one, but that isn't going to happen in my life time. The best thing we can hope for is to diminish their impact on the governments of the world and to subvert the operation of their traditionalism in any way that we can.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Muslims are patriarchal monotheistic puritans.

So are Christians.

The "one" trueGod (monotheism) the Father and Jesus the son. What no daughters? God made Man in HIS image (as Patriachal as it gets) and sort of threw woman in later as an after thought? I'm not going to go into the word "Puritan", I don't have time.

Look to the log in your own eye and not the splinter in others.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Isn't it kind of frustrating when you have an idea, and everybody takes it and runs with it in a direction you didn't want to go?

I see what you are saying. And folks, he said "ISis", not muslims,( even though I'm sure the Isis psychopaths consider themselves to be muslims, so I'm not sure what you're going to do about that. Despite what the President said last night.)

It's rather like Hitler. If you think about it from a Christian aspect, God wanted the Jews to go home to Israel. Hitler certainly arranged for that to happen, so was he an instrument?

Perhaps with this recent surge of ungodly, or unallah- like monsters, (unallahly monsters?) jihadi terrorism will become undesirable, and something even your most mediocre terrorist doesn't want to be associated with.

Interesting take. : up :
edit on 9/11/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Deflect much? My post was about YOUR propaganda. I will remind you....
You: Fire Control Radar.
Me: 9 targets without a scratch.
Your context: don't underestimate Syrian defenses.
My context: don't underestimate our capabilities.
Then you thought defining coalition vs. sorties would be taken seriously.
I say Air Superiority and you use that to go to some holier than thou high horse Sovereign Nation argument?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

It's rather like Hitler. If you think about it from a Christian aspect, God wanted the Jews to go home to Israel. Hitler certainly arranged for that to happen, so was he an instrument?

Hitler was a severely abused child beaten to within inches of his life and left for dead by his father.

Let that sink home and realize it can produce murderous rage. Hitler was an instrument of death, many people died as a result. Millions upon millions from all walks of life, not just the Jews.

edit on 11-9-2014 by intrptr because: added "life"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join