It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Bush said about Iraq in 2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What a prophet, or maybe he attended his intelligence briefings

So things never comes out of nowhere and since at least 2007 US knew what would happen in Iraq, did they want it that way? did they allowed ISIS to grow or the current administration is just so clumsy

edit on 11-9-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I wouldn't say prophetic, I would just say pre-planned.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

So if it's pre-planned then Obama was stupid and duped into following it, or he is executing the plan as prescribed. Most previous presidents are kept in the loop to offer advice and consult, did Obama ask Bush anything? Did Obama gather Bushes generals and military advisors about dealing with the middle east or did he fire them and leave it to Valerie? Or maybe he was just concentrating on the middle east problems with extremist and needed golf to meditate to acquire the answer.

Whatever anyone feels it is, he has been a tremendous failure at foreign policy, and the amount of lives he has cost in terms of our people and theirs has yet to be mentioned by the MSM. I wonder if he feels the slightest amount of remorse for the way ISIS has gone through murdering people for the last year when he knew about it all along.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Think about the avenue that Obama is taking to justify strikes on Syria... ISIS were unheard of when the Syrian conflict began and I actually believe ISIS are a patsy because Assad hasn't come falling to the ground like the other countries did.. It's us that are being duped.. Not them.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

No one should worry their pretty little heads about the current state of affairs, either with foriegn or domestic policies.

Everything is going according to plan.

These plans were laid down several decades ago and there is but one way to alter their course.

It is not by a revolution, as some may suggest, it is through a well planned and highly counter movement by the entire world's citizenry. An armed uprising and revolt is what those in power fully expect and for which they have provided.

When the time comes there will come a change in everything these men have set about to have and it will all slip away from them and all who follow after them.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Think about the avenue that Obama is taking to justify strikes on Syria... ISIS were unheard of when the Syrian conflict began and I actually believe ISIS are a patsy because Assad hasn't come falling to the ground like the other countries did.. It's us that are being duped.. Not them.

Sorry I am just not following, is it the people of the US that are duped? And Obama is using ISIS as an excuse to attack syria because rebels haven't been able to do the job?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Personally I lay this right at obamas feet. If I remember correctly, President Bush planned to leave some troops in Iraq to help the new government with intel. When obama pulled all the troops out it left a vacume and we get the mess we have now. Also it was on the radio a few nights ago that in obamas intelligent briefings that he knew about isis for over a year, yet during his briefing he never asked for more information or clarification on anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Sorry I am just not following, is it the people of the US that are duped? And Obama is using ISIS as an excuse to attack syria because rebels haven't been able to do the job?

There has been a plan to topple these countries for a long time including the country that is putting up a stiff resistance right now. I don't know whether Bush just happened to get something right or not but what I do know is that Syria has been on the radar for a very long time.. So in my mind I have no doubt that those twats would of had a back up plan if things didn't fall into place.

The international community (Russia, Iran, China) were never going to let the USA just stroll into Syria. So it must be speculated that the West were going to somehow find a way to get in there eventually. Maybe ISIS were a part of it, maybe they weren't but what ISIS are doing has given the USA and some of there allies the justification to now launch strikes against Syria. Coincidence? Who knows.

As for the people being duped, it doesn't just apply to the USA.. People are being duped everyday with many different scenarios. It's just the way the world rolls these days. From my personal perspective, it's pre-planned all the way and if the USA didn't plan it, the Saudi's or some other bunch of idiots did.

edit on 11-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

There has been a plan to topple these countries for a long time including the country that is putting up a stiff resistance right now. I don't know whether Bush just happened to get something right or not but what I do know is that Syria has been on the radar for a very long time.. So in my mind I have no doubt that those twats would of had a back up plan if things didn't fall into place.

The international community (Russia, Iran, China) were never going to let the USA just stroll into Syria. So it must be speculated that the West were going to somehow find a way to get in there eventually. Maybe ISIS were a part of it, maybe they weren't but what ISIS are doing has given the USA and some of there allies the justification to now launch strikes against Syria. Coincidence? Who knows.

As for the people being duped, it doesn't just apply to the USA.. People are being duped everyday with many different scenarios. It's just the way the world rolls these days. From my personal perspective, it's pre-planned all the way and if the USA didn't plan it, the Saudi's or some other bunch of idiots did.

Ok got it, I have seen the video of Clark, he has it pretty darn close. It just makes wonder what the master plan is, and why he didn't meet an untimely end after making the announcement. And what is gained by taking Syria down?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ok got it, I have seen the video of Clark, he has it pretty darn close. It just makes wonder what the master plan is, and why he didn't meet an untimely end after making the announcement. And what is gained by taking Syria down?

The master plan is right next too Syria... But that is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh I get it. You guys actually think the President has some sort of over-arching authority in this country. That's sad. And so very naïve. The President is a puppet. The people that run this country and make these kinds of decisions are well removed from the entire Administration. The President's role is to simply act as a 'face' to sell their agenda when needed/where needed. It's been that way for decades and we were sufficiently warned about it back then, too. But the system is genius, really. Keep us all watching the marionettes and arguing over DEM v. GOP while they go about BAU.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Bush a prophet? I don’t think so. That’s like saying Cheney was a compassionate, selfless servant of the people.

If, in 2007, Bush FINALLY realized some of the consequences of his mindless, muderous blunder in Iraq, then maybe I can buy that. It’s just too bad it didn’t cross his mind before getting us into that horrific nightmare in the first place.

I believe the timeline for withdrawal of troops from Iraq was set by Bush, well before Obama came along. Also, if memory serves me correctly, the Obama administration did want to leave a small, but adequate, force in Iraq, but Iraq would not allow it. They didn’t want us there. The Iraqi government insisted that if any troops remained they would not be immuned from prosecution by the state in cases where violations of civil law occurred. A combat force cannot operate under these conditions. They would all end up in the slammer. Therefore, we had no choice but to withdraw all combat troops and cease operations. We were told to leave.

Bottom line is, if we hadn’t gone into Iraq in the first place, it would not have been overrun by terrorist groups like ISIL. Saddam Hussein may have been a bad guy, but he ruled his country with an iron fist and he hated terrorist groups. He didn’t allow the likes of Al Qaeda to setup shop in his land. He considered them a threat to his own power and strictly forbid their presence. If we hadn’t gone in and crushed his army, destroyed the country’s infrastructure, killed over 100,000 innocent Iraqi citizens, and generally pillaged the land, then ISIL would be a non-issue today. I think Bush was just too mentally challenged to envision the consequences of an invasion, while Cheney was too obsessed with the money to be made from it (Halliburton made out like a bandit in Iraq).

But go ahead and blame it, and everything else in the world, on Obama. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a righteous lynching. Frankly, I’m glad we have a President right now who actually uses his brain and thinks before acting. It’s trigger happy, cowboy politics that got us into this mess in the first place. So, we just crawl along as a nation, repeating the same mindless, self-destructive mistakes of the past over, and over again. We never learn.

God Bless America!!

PS: I think Obama's behind this whole deal with the recent extreme solar flare activity, and the possible CME heading toward Earth right now. He wants it to cause major disruptions/failures of the main power grids. You see, if we have major power failures across the country then, while the lights are out, Obama can declare martial law and take all our guns away! I haven’t quite connected all the dots yet, but it does make perfect sense...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Because they can, like when you rich you just buy some stuff you don't really need but you gotta buy something...

edit on 11-9-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That General Clark video is very revealing

I think it's taken them so long to get to Syria because they were bogged down in Afganistan and Iraq but they originally thought it would be a quick plan

They learnt there lesson and now outsource the regime chargers to others who seem more the eager to finish this plan with little loss of life for American troops now

Look at how quick Libya tumbled when Britain and France bombed all his hardware,gaining air superiority and carving a way for the rebels to reach tripoli

Syria was going to be the next quick air war but Russia said no but now they can arm the FSA who intend to topple Assad and also bomb Assad forces when they can get away with it in the fog of war

The 7 country plan is still in action,is a lot slower than they initially planned but the balls in motion and the last destination has to be Iran

After Iran perhaps Russia? They can't be that mad,can they?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Marlingrace

Syria has Iran helping them and investing money in their country,they are allies

After Syria Iran logically becomes the next to topple

I'm pretty sure by then even the young western leaning Iranians will have worked out what America is up too so I don't think a revolution will gather a lot of support

That leaves Israel as a potential fire starter,who know we will have to wait and see

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Marlingrace

Syria has Iran helping them and investing money in their country,they are allies

I'm pretty sure by then even the young western leaning Iranians will have worked out what America is up too so I don't think a revolution will gather a lot of support

That leaves Israel as a potential fire starter,who know we will have to wait and see

I guess the part I am missing is to what end does it help or benefit the US if Syria is toppled? What did we gain from the change in government in egypt? If and a huge if, we gained anything in Iraq we have lost it all with Obama. I could see it if we got something besides fallen soldiers, but what a waste of life.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So if it's pre-planned then Obama was stupid and duped into following it, or he is executing the plan as prescribed. Most previous presidents are kept in the loop to offer advice and consult, did Obama ask Bush anything? Did Obama gather Bushes generals and military advisors about dealing with the middle east or did he fire them and leave it to Valerie? Or maybe he was just concentrating on the middle east problems with extremist and needed golf to meditate to acquire the answer.

Whatever anyone feels it is, he has been a tremendous failure at foreign policy, and the amount of lives he has cost in terms of our people and theirs has yet to be mentioned by the MSM. I wonder if he feels the slightest amount of remorse for the way ISIS has gone through murdering people for the last year when he knew about it all along.

Not so sure. Do you really think he was worse in foreign policy than Bush, who actually started two wars? That's a valid question. Keep in mind also that he used Gates, the same guy Bush used.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Not so sure. Do you really think he was worse in foreign policy than Bush, who actually started two wars? That's a valid question. Keep in mind also that he used Gates, the same guy Bush used.

Everybody acts like Bush just slammed his hand down on the desk and said "Thats it we are off to kick the crap out of Iraq." But it sure seemed to me he went way out of his way to get everyone in both houses to sign off on it, something Obama doesn't seem interested in, while being able to garner over 40 coalition members. If Obama is going to build a coalition he needs to lead the way with our boots as well, it would have to be tough to get anyone to commit if you won't.

I think I trust the whole lot of them Gates, Bush, Cheney, Obama, Panetta, Plame, as far as I can throw them combined.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Pre Planned. Bush was to stupid.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Marlingrace

I guess the part I am missing is to what end does it help or benefit the US if Syria is toppled? What did we gain from the change in government in egypt? If and a huge if, we gained anything in Iraq we have lost it all with Obama. I could see it if we got something besides fallen soldiers, but what a waste of life.

I guess the part I am missing is to what end does it help or benefit the US if Syria is toppled?
The only ones benefiting from an Shia downfall in Iran and Syria are the Sunni regime states in the Gulf.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join