It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Shooting: Marine 911 Caller Lied about Slain Man Pointing Toy Gun at Custimers... And more!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Jail for the fool that called the cops and lied, jail for the cops for poor procedure. A raw deal for the families of the two people who died.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Regardless of the situation the cops are going overkill on so many occasions, they need to be better trained, I feel many are either excited to get a chance to play with their toys or are so scared for their own life that they go for the quickest resolution that brings them the least chance of harm.

How many seriously dangerous people are there running around that do bad things unprovoked when cops arrive on scene? I am not able to make a judgement on it as I have never done that kind of job, but from the many videos I have seen online in recent years it does seem to me many incidence could have been avoided by simple communication.
edit on 11am254254America/ChicagoFri, 12 Sep 2014 11:05:04 -050009am9 by gazzerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

You are never more than a 'recruit' until you make it out of boot camp. You can then call yourself a sailor, marine, airman or soldier.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gazzerman
Regardless of the situation the cops are going overkill on so many occasions, they need to be better trained, I feel many are either excited to get a chance to play with their toys or are so scared for their own life that they go for the quickest resolution that brings them the least chance of harm.

I'd like to think they're that innocent, but I think it's much more likely that they're on a power trip and it's gone to their heads. They're trained just fine, but there's a mindset within the structure that says they can do whatever they want and their own will protect them, especially when it comes to black people.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Ffs, he didn't lie about what he saw. He DID see a guy waving what he thought was an assault rifle around in Walmart. He placed a 911 call to report what he thought he saw. The cops aren't going to act any differently because the caller claims he's Rambo. The cops are supposed to make their own assessment when they get there, not act on what some random Walmart shopper thinks. They failed to do that. The witness obviously was mistaken, but it's the COPS who are charged with the responsibility of differentiating real threats from BB guns.

People lie about what they see when they make 911 calls regarding guns, because guns are scary to many people.

This article was written in March by an officer who trains in close defense, but its content is relevant for this shooting: The Perils of Open Carry

Open carry can lead to numerous problems. As a cop responding to calls about this activity and as a person who carries a concealed handgun everywhere, I have a unique insight. Here are some of the issues:

1) Open carry will cause hassles with other people and eventually the police. Unless you live in a western state, open carry isn’t very common. When the uneducated populace sees someone carrying a gun (without a badge), they assume that a law is being broken. They panic and call the cops. What they tell the dispatcher when they call generally has no basis in truth. It usually ends up being something like: “There’s a man with a gun running around the grocery store scaring people!” If you were a cop, how would you respond to that call?

If the caller would have been honest and said “There’s a person walking around the grocery store who has a gun on his hip. He isn’t threatening anyone and appears to be shopping.” As a cop, I wouldn’t even approach you. I’d educate the caller that no laws were being broken and leave.

But that’s just not how it happens in real life. Blame it on whomever you like, but reality dictates you’ll get a police response. The police response may be positive, or it may be negative. Who wants to deal with that when you can simply cover your gun?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've been following this case on several sites, and it appears this POS lied on purpose in the 911 call to provoke a dire response from the police. The ***hole should go to jail for murder.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Fake marines.... I've met one.

I met this guy while working for a wireless ISP. He was a sad sad person who felt the need to brag about everything. He got "MARINE SNIPER" tattooed on his arm in huge letters (the SNIPER tattoo was a new addition). He proceeded to show me his "M-16" that he carried in service (no select fire, it was just an average AR-15). When I finally got everything working properly, he sat down and fired up "Call of Duty" and zoned into it.

My guess is that he played war games so often and that he wanted to be a marine so badly, he invented a persona. He lived with his mom, and she looked embarrassed the whole time I was there.
edit on 12-9-2014 by stutteringp0et because: clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stutteringp0et

Is his name Ronald Ritchie?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't get it. So much venom against disturbed individual and so little towards the police who murdered a man by shooting him in the back.

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

what a scumbag...his story didnt gel with me the first time i heard it....this guy deserves medieval justice pulp fiction style

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: spav5
If it wasn't for this disturbed individual the cops would have never showed up. I for one am not for letting the cops off the hook, but they were called there told a guy was seen loading a rifle and pointing it at kids and customers.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Open carry in Ohio does not require a permit.

I think the cops are going to get sued. They may even go to jail.

And the man who called the cops and lied to get what he thought was a gun owner killed needs to go to prison for the rest of his life.

And they call gun owners dangerous.

Huehuehue. Cops go to jail for shooting someone? That's a good one. Sued, of course. Jail? Highly improbable.

I just know i hope that they do, and the idiot with the phone as well. Could you imagine being the guy who was shot? Simply purchasing a BB gun and being shot to death for it? It's not even a deadly weapon. The box may say so but i consider tasers more deadly than a bb gun and they're considered "non - lethal". Only in the world of law are those two extremely different things. Where things are to be interpreted at the discretion of jack asses.

He would've posed a bigger threat had he picked up one of their many large kitchen knives they have for sale, and no one would've called the law. You could easily kill more people in a crowded store with a butcher knife than a bb gun. Hell, you could probably get several of them before any of them looked up from their iphones to take a picture of you to post on facebook before calling the police.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stutteringp0et
Fake marines.... I've met one.

I met this guy while working for a wireless ISP. He was a sad sad person who felt the need to brag about everything. He got "MARINE SNIPER" tattooed on his arm in huge letters (the SNIPER tattoo was a new addition). He proceeded to show me his "M-16" that he carried in service (no select fire, it was just an average AR-15). When I finally got everything working properly, he sat down and fired up "Call of Duty" and zoned into it.

My guess is that he played war games so often and that he wanted to be a marine so badly, he invented a persona. He lived with his mom, and she looked embarrassed the whole time I was there.

Me too!! a couple actually! I knew a guy who used to claim he went to afghanistan every other week on clandestine missions, even claimed to have been wounded by an ak-47, but was so traumatized of the wound he couldnt ever show anyone. Lol. These people are pathetic. This guy was in fact a pain killer addict and nothing more. He liked to say the reason he was addicted to them was because of his injuries in afghaniland. A few people i knew had known him for years and said he never was a marine and never served for the military, and i believe them over his crap all day.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: spav5
I don't get it. So much venom against disturbed individual and so little towards the police who murdered a man by shooting him in the back.

There's plenty of venom about the cops in the first thread (I linked to it in my OP here) but this thread is about the marine who lied. That's why we're talking about him and not so much the cops. I absolutely blame the cops!

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

what a scumbag...his story didnt gel with me the first time i heard it....this guy deserves medieval justice pulp fiction style

This is my first thought on the "marine" when I heard the story. From the first thread:

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The marine wasn't fooled. More likely, he is just a pig. He called it in and then watched the killing, saying it looked like the victim "was going to go violently". Standing, leaning on a toy gun, back turned, talking on the phone is "violent"? He's a lying pig.

I don't know how I knew, but I did.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The BB guns at Walmart are out on the shelves, but in boxes. Anyone could pick one up. These toys look like the real deal. There's sometimes a guy at the sporting goods counter who can moniter what's happening there, but not always. It should be common sense that you would not want to take a BB gun from the aisle where they're stocked to other parts of the store. It's not clear if that's what happened. The real rifles and shotguns are locked up. Shoot first, ask questions later is not an acceptable response on the part of the cops.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

im still reading the thread but so far im with you on this....
the cops killed the man, not the 'ex marine' liar liar pants on fire dude.

who knows why he called the cops and said what he said.....
maybe the cops should do a little tiny bit of police work before shooting people....you know

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

Had the person who reported it told the truth, the police would have likely approached the man in a calmer manner to find out what was going on.

you dont know that....
blame this dude foe being an ass, not a murderer....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
I couldn't care less if he was a Marine or not. I find that irrelevant.

it is irrelevant.
you know how people are though. especially here.
if he did go through boot camp then he would have been an 'expert' at weapons and the loading/shooting of.

people here knew right away he wasnt a marine just by his picture.....you know that all marines look the way they did aat booot camp for the rest of their lives.
pffffh. you know if he had been a full on marine(not a 7 weeker) then he would have been able to take control of the situation himself and this wouldnt have happened..
hahahah

what a load.... this guy lied but the cops killed someone.

i didnt know that passing boot camp made you a weapons expert... learn something new every day.
i also didnt know that marines are qualified crime fighters... out there assessing situations with nothing but their eyes and k-bar

ha

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
A real marine would have known all of what I mentioned and more...relevant to what the man was carrying. If there was any doubt, a real marine would have handled it himself I suspect.

i guess all marines are rambo.
thats new to me as well.
complete boot camp=automatic bad ass crime stopper weapons expert.
got it

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

In my opinion, Richie, along with the cops who shot Crawford in the back without so much as a "Freeze!", should be tried for murder of both Crawford and the woman who died of a heart attack.

Couldn't agree more.

Murder is exactly what it was.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join