It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was that REALLY Obama or a Hologram?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: UseHerName
a reply to: Richn777

Funny thing, someone just made a video and posted it on Utube talking about how his reflection in the mirror actually goes in the opposite direction (he walks off to the right but the reflection goes left)... even though the back window is completely flat!

I wont lie... it gave me chills.

perspective is everything

look at the dado rail in the middle and the amount of picture showing in the left and right

the camera is not centered in the middle but off by 4-5 inches
look at the glass in the first pane in the unit on the left and right

i can go into a room and by eye tell if it is of by half a inch

A thousand pardons, sir, but wouldn't that make his reflection disappear a little more quickly in the RIGHT direction? I'm just askin...

it could be lighting in the room but the camera is off centre by 4+ inches so he would still be visible in the left for a second longer as it would be pointing that way .

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ok, well, never say never I guess. I just am glad that when I need to read some unusual theories, I can count on ATS to provide.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Got it to work on another computer. It's obvious a fake background. They wouldn't put the president in front of a window like that, not safe. And you would also see reflections of the bright lights that were lighting up the prez, in the window, but don't.

The window's are inches thick and bullet proof i had a friend work at number 10 downing street in london who told me about the windows there

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The camera being off an inch or however much doesn't explain his reflection walking off in the opposite direction. I have a film degree.. I can tell you that would definitely not explain a reflection on a FLAT window of POTUS walking away in the opposite direction. That's a mirror image.

And also, one of the vertical rods (don't know the correct word) in the window appears where the left side of his head should be (while he's walking away from the camera)...ie. the left part of his head appears to be cut off. In the video where the narrator pauses...look at his head. Weird.

Let me repost the video (I posted it already but I think it's on the first page): Timestamp 01:15

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

While I'm not entertaining the idea of him being a hologram, it did remind me of something very specific.

Do any of you old-school gamers remember the original Command and Conquer games with the cheesy live-action cut scenes? They always conveyed this particular brand of low-budgetness that I could never quite detect in any other films. It always seemed "off". This is the first time something else reminded me of it.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Cuervo because: spellin'

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Question:
Is this supposed to be somewhere in the White House?? Anyone know?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Good points, everyone.

Kangareux, I also wonder, how do we really know where the POTUS is (even a general location, like DC)? Just take his word or this video? We can't.
And you're right. He may be hiding out somewhere. I don't doubt if we were to be attacked, they'd know about it before hand. And of course they'd save themselves and let the rest of us little people suffer. Just hope it doesn't happen.

And he's been looking so drained and zombie-like lately. Almost seems like he's sick of being POTUS.

How do we know he is not dead? It's a long shot but he could have had a stroke, a heart attack, an aneurism or maybe he was assassinated by some militant Muslim group, our government just wants to hide it? Therefore; they need to "show" us that he is alive and well.

Too bad that whoever was doing the hologram/ CGI of this was as incompetent as those people who were hired to create the Obamacare website... never paying attention the the most important details.

edit on 11-9-2014 by kdyam because: filling in the blanks

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

The camera being off an inch or however much doesn't explain his reflection walking off in the opposite direction. I have a film degree.. I can tell you that would definitely not explain a reflection on a FLAT window of POTUS walking away in the opposite direction. That's a mirror image.

And also, one of the vertical rods (don't know the correct word) in the window appears where the left side of his head should be (while he's walking away from the camera)...ie. the left part of his head appears to be cut off. In the video where the narrator pauses...look at his head. Weird.

Let me repost the video (I posted it already but I think it's on the first page): Timestamp 01:15

The camera is off by way more than a inch and the unit's might not be exactly opposite each other as you can see in the reflection in the left glass and right and there is a door open on the left we cannot see going by the light reflection

link   
My Theory:
There is a large screen monitor behind the camera (and presumably, the crew operating the camera, etc.) That monitor is of course visible to the President, allows him to see himself as he is delivering the speech, maybe gives him a focal point (like practicing a speech in a mirror.)

The distant window down the hall is actually reflecting the image generated by the monitor. As the Pres breaks to the right from our POV, on the monitor facing him (and generating the reflection we see9) he would be breaking right form his POV, but which would actually be to the left from our POV.

The only thing this doesn't explain is - if the window is reflecting an image of this theoretical monitor (which would have to be massive) why does the window not also reflect the Pres in real time, and thus show a version of his reflection going in the same direction as him....

link   
a reply to: UseHerName
I think that is his greying hair color blending in with the color of the background (the window pane or rod), you can see the bottom portion of his ear.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
In almost 60 years of watching presidential speeches (especially these 'important' ones) I've never, NEVER seen them use such a weird ass background as that. They always are sitting at the presidential desk, or standing at a podium in an important room with the usual 'dead presidents and flags' backgrounds to connote authority, or if you're Roosevelt or Carter, next to a nice warm fire for the fireside chats.

Giving what may be the most important speech of your presidency with an open door behind you (lousy feng shui) and then with the open window behind that !!!! This is inexcusable as set dressing, as showmanship, and as a way to give the speaker some authority and also a sense of being 'safe' behind him.

No way would anyone do it this way, unless they HAD to for some reason...

And yeah, he looks like a clone of a clone of a clone.
edit on 445819amThursdayf58Thu, 11 Sep 2014 01:58:44 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

How do we know he's not really dead?
I've asked myself this question repeatedly today.
We don't.

Something seems very off about him the past few month. He almost seems like a shell of his former self.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AeternusLux

Could be. We've used those camera teleprompters in my TV production classes. I never had a situation where we were filming towards a window so I couldn't tell you from experience if that was what caused the mirror reflection.
There are so many different variables in such a setting, it's hard for me to say. I'd have to see there set up to be certain. Just throwing some ideas around because this video looks so FAKE ( CGI??)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
In almost 60 years of watching presidential speeches (especially these 'important' ones) I've never, NEVER seen them use such a weird ass background as that. They always are sitting at the presidential desk, or standing at a podium in an important room with the usual 'dead presidents and flags' backgrounds to connote authority, or if you're Roosevelt or Carter, next to a nice warm fire for the fireside chats.

I just commented on that very same observation the other day to my wife. Except 30 years with the ability to look back. We never see Obama talk in the Oval Office, and on the top of my head, I can't remember when or if he has at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Does it matter, they both lie. hologram or no hologram.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

OMG! Really!
(Shakes head is dismay)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Why is this so odd? I don't see anything out of the ordinary. He probably just passed a mirror or something else reflective as he was turning. Now if he cast no reflection at all.. that's when we should worry.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Has Obama paid you to lie about his reflection?? I'm on to your game sir!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
'hey, let's make this look like you're in a white house. what would tell that you're not hiding underground because of another 9/11 incoming?'
'a window! let's show them a window!'

hologram? nope.
faking the real location of the potus? yes.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov...

now, i'm not from the states - perhaps today is some sort of 'free from work' day because of the 9/11, so it may be just a silly assumption, but it does strike me as a little bit weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join