It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who wants to cry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You're not alone but it is lonely isn't it?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

You are not alone in your thinking, but you may be alone in your thinking in your locality.

And for those who are attempting to derail the thread by suggesting that those who question the origins of ISIS, are of the opinion that the individuals in that group are not violent, insane, and dangerous, I have this to say.

ISIS may be all of these things, but the real issue is not whether they are or not, but why they are. Anyone who would dare to involve themselves in xenophobia, by suggesting that this is an issue of religion, rather than of politics, is wearing their blinkers far too proudly. These issues have been ongoing since the dissolution of the Ottoman empire, when the west carved up the middle east as it saw fit, moved people around without any heed to their ethnic and cultural roots, and have been exacerbated by constant meddling by the west, tinkering with a machine that the leaders of the west created to maximise profit and weaken the local leadership in the area.

These things STILL happen, and it is political fury which takes precedence in the causation of the creation of organisations like ISIS, far more than ever it is a fundamentalist religious attitude.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
Over how gullible the American people are? It is so obvious that this whole thing has been planned the whole time and the American people are screaming... IT'S ABOUT TIME! KILL THEM ALL, LET GOD SORT THE OUT!

That's what they wanted you to do. Just like they wanted you calling for blood after the world Trade Center fall. We are turning into idiocracy. It sickens me. It makes me feel so alone.

I agree. Though i dont want to cry I want to shake the idiots who just fall into line without a single thought as to where it leads them. Jumping on the bandwagon calling for war because of the false truths spread by politicians and news corps.

We are nothing but lambs to the slaughter unless everyone wakes the fvck up!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I am an American and I am far from gullible. ISIS Would cut you and your childrens head off with a dull knife , record it proudly and post it on the internet for no reason other than you are an American.

So yeah I say we should just kill them all for no other reason then because they want us all dead.

That should make you want to cry.
edit on 11-9-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It is not just american people..

Besides being completly ignorant I belief that many people do not want to stand out and want to play it safe.

Having an opinion which is against the mainstream can cause you to be considered "different". Going with the mainstream is safe and you will take no riscs whatsoever.

If a trendsetter desides to alter his opinion on a 'sensitive" subject these people who play it safe will follow suit with the tredsetter. Because many of these followers are naive and ignorant what is left are the worst kind, the hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Man, I can't believe the dolts that come and criticize this post. If I am understanding the post correctly, it isn't about this ISIS crap...it is about ALL of humanity and the human condition. It is about being sick and tired of ALL the lying and killing on all sides and all over the world already. It is about everyone who becomes a victim. Our soldiers are victims, our "enemies", (many of them are collateral damage and victims), the entire planet is a victim relevant to the rape of the lands for resources/minerals. War is Hell period. No one is claiming that any one group is innocent in all of this...that is the point. It ALL needs to stop, the world over, or we will either end up bringing on our own demise or turn this beautiful planet into a burning cinder.

Yes, ISIS does terrible things, WE do terrible things. Our "mercs", ever hear of the atrocities they do? Many countries/nations have done awful things relevant to wars based on greed, lies. religions, politics, corruption. That is the real point...those of us that cry are not picking sides...we cry for all the children of the world that have to suffer the fear and indignities of war and other things that are taking place that make us all less human. No one is saying any one faction is more in the right than another.

The human condition is what gives one pause and worry and concern. We are all in this thing called life together and if we don't "get it right" and start trying to strive for peace on earth for everyone, we are like the proverbial steak, "Well done".

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think many of us cry because we "see" what is coming. Once the nukes start flying, it won't matter much in the scheme of things who may feel they are in the right as they will end up being "dead wrong" eventually as well as the rest of us. This entire world population needs to wise up and nations need to stop acting like bullies in a school yard b*tchin and moanin and yapping about who did what or the old "he said, she said blame game dealy". No matter how "right" a certain faction may feel, if things escalate into a full blown world war complete with nukes. it won't matter much if we ALL end up dead. It ALL needs to stop. Every nation and every government and its peoples need to have a reset...one geared toward peace. Not a NWO but a New World agreement that wars kill and are stupid and greed and lies and raping of the land and violence hurts us ALL period!!

No one is defending any one faction...there is wrong doing the world over.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

You, Me, AnyOne Else who has enough Brain cells left to use Critical Thinking are ready to Cry! Those who are more interested in FootBall, American Idol, etc, are the ones who deserve what's happening to this Country...... Syx.

Ok I get the sentiment, but back off football. AINT NOTHING WRONG WITH FOOOOTBALLLLLL.

lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Ok, LOL I guess FootBall was not the best thing to spout off about, as I like the game too, but I was just meaning that , well anything that is a distraction to what is really happening in the rest of the world, and in our country, should not be taken so seriously as to keep our eyes off of the real events!

You know what I mean......

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
Over how gullible the American people are? It is so obvious that this whole thing has been planned the whole time and the American people are screaming... IT'S ABOUT TIME! KILL THEM ALL, LET GOD SORT THE OUT!

That's what they wanted you to do. Just like they wanted you calling for blood after the world Trade Center fall. We are turning into idiocracy. It sickens me. It makes me feel so alone.
Things will get easy after ww3. There is no way out of this... We are way pass due for coming a war. Just be easy to lose everything n everybody and don't be scare to die when time come. Do it for Jesus for he did this for ur sin and so you u can have new life with him.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It is very frustrating and discouraging at times. There are so many times I wish I could just buy an island and get away from all this evil...but then I realize that it probably wouldn't be long before they came to take what I had or tell me what to do with it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

These issues have been ongoing since the dissolution of the Ottoman empire, when the west carved up the middle east as it saw fit, moved people around without any heed to their ethnic and cultural roots, and have been exacerbated by constant meddling by the west, tinkering with a machine that the leaders of the west created to maximise profit and weaken the local leadership in the area.

Quoted for truth !

We created these monsters over the decades by exactly the means you describe.

If it's not ISIS, it's some other extremist group forming of its own volition.

And after we've wiped out ISIS, they'll form another group called ABAB... or JuJu... or Al Shazam... and so on and so forth, ad infinitum.

The pure hatred towards us is going to pass down from one generation to the next, until we get the hell out of their backyards.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I had a good cry again this week when I read about that man that killed his 5 children and put them in garbage bags and dumped them somewhere. OMG, WTH? What is wrong in this world anymore. Bad enough wars and abuses of all kinds and corruption and greed and raping of land but how come there seem to be so many people "loosing it" and killing there own kids. I just don't get it. Hearing about these kinds of things just shrink the soul and wither the human spirit and break our hearts. What a world. Maybe some of us just "feel" too much instead of just letting it "go" but that scares me...it could cause one to loose their own humanity if we just let it go...and so, we cry, I suppose. We can't save the world and we can't help all but I wish some one or some entity or some thing could already!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is a lot of wisdom in this thread, but there is also a lot of BS. Being an American, and speaking of my fellow citizens...I would put it this way.

I believe that a gun is a necessary tool. I believe that under specific conditions, that gun needs to be loaded, aimed and fired with the intent to kill. However, I also believe that we have become a paranoid, frightened gun owner who is spinning around franticly, looking over their shoulder and shooting indiscriminately at shadows in the distance.

I also believe I know who gave us this paranoia. They are the same people casting the shadows, and the same people offering the targets. Our corrupt government. In truth, I think most citizens (the slight majority) in our country are either idiots or leeches. The rest of us I believe, are ready to take our country back. But without the others...it feels pointless.

There is a saying that roughly goes "you can't have a savior without an adversary". Today, we are told the adversary is named ISIS...and SURPRISE! Guess who is the savior? The more informed and engaged among us know better. We know that anything our government wants to do, is something that is bad for us. We know that the government is a hungry beast that will do whatever is required to exist and grow. We need to start realizing that it is our government that is the true adversary...and that the only savior is us.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE Agree, we should never give up our 2nd amendment rights...yet, one has to wonder have we reached the point of no return relevant to protecting ourselves from corrupt military/industrial complex and more... when they come up with a new "toy" to control us every single day. Now, the military and LEO has the Z-Ro or Retinal Obfuscation Gun, that can blind either one citizen or several at the turn of a switch. It blinds for at least 20 minutes...which gives anyone plenty of time to disarm and "neutralize" anyone they so choose. One would be hard pressed to defend ones self with firearms when the are rendered blind, let alone if the "sonic" weapon is used as well in conjunction with microwave.

Have we all been complacent for too long...is it too late. Sure, they may not be able to use such on everyone at once but since we have no way of knowing how many of these "toys" are around and how many factions have them, it can give one pause. This isn't like the good ole Civil War days. Technology has more then leveled the playing field in "their" favor. It is all a horrible game and the game is rigged. Drones and more now...I value the 2nd amendment and I hope it will be enough if/when the time comes. If it isn't, we can all cry and rage...hope for the best but expect the worst maybe. No wonder some of us cry out loud. It is all a big, stupid, ugly game. Kill and be killed. Geez.

Einstein was right, "Mans technology has far exceeded his humanity".

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Perhaps, us older, "wise" folk, should listen a little bit more to the thoughts of our children and grandchildren.
We often pass off their diatribes as the output of inexperienced minds, but... they see the world without our fogged and biased glasses as well. We must come to the realization that what worked for us, does not necessarily work for them in this changed world. They are welcome to our wisdom, but should recognize that our suggestions are based on a social and political world that many of us are not really participating in. It's the same logic we used when we were young as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have a bit of info that was is sad and different. A vet suffering from PTSD was very upset and driving with his family. They tried to calm him down. He got out of the car and was threatening suicide so his family called n*ne one one and other motorists called too. The police came and treated the man in a very kindly and decent manner and he seemed to be calmed down and promising he was over his "episode" and as the police walked him back to his car, the family and police watched in horror as he threw himself in front of a vehicle and ended his life. The driver and all others at the scene were very heart broken and upset. This is so sad. So many with PTSD aren't always getting all the help they need. This is also a report of police being kind and serving and trying to protect and do right this time and in this case. I felt sad anyhow for all concerned.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

These things STILL happen, and it is political fury which takes precedence in the causation of the creation of organisations like ISIS, far more than ever it is a fundamentalist religious attitude.

It's always easier to imagine the supposed enemy is really composed of decent, rational people who have been wronged and would behave exactly like you or me if this wrong hadn't happened.

Me, I prefer to live in the real world.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You have not grasped how rich people get off war. Contractors and mercenaries and our politicians. In times of war, all energy, funds, plans go into the war machine. Our country and its citizens and its infrastructure, is nothing to them. We are here to sacrifice our future, our children, to pave the way for corporations to make more money and pay less taxes. We pay for their wars too.

You should cry. For what was lost. I am weary of trying to rip the veil from people's eyes. In my 60's and the Hawks and the rich always, always, win. I don't know what I worked my butt off so hard for 40 years. Just to see my taxes go to wars. I read that so far, the tally for the attacks against ISIS is costing $7,500,000 a day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join