It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Report of missing planes from Libya untrue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

A report that 11 planes were stolen or missing days after Libya's Tripoli International Airport was overtaken by Islamist militias is unfounded, a State Department official told Washington lawmakers Wednesday while defending U.S. policy in the war-torn country.

On 9/2 I posted a thread in BAN about the missing Libyan planes. The first western source was the Washington Free Beacon but there were also at least two foreign sources (1 Greek & 1 African) reporting this as well, back in August. Those sources can be found in my second post here, www.abovetopsecret.com...

So with 9/11 literally around the corner are we to believe the state department that this claim is unfounded? They only talk of the Washington Free Beacons unnamed source as being unreliable but what about the foreign reports? I don't think they were talking to the state department. So are they just saying this to quell any fears?

Fact is the Libyan airport was taken over by terrorists so did these planes really go missing or are these 3 completely unrelated news outlets making this all up?

Well apparently Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Malta, & the US Navy believe it to be true because they all added it last minute as a scenario to their military exercise in preparation.

allafrica.com...

After eleven civilian airliners were hijacked during the fighting, "5+5" member states reportedly decided to add an element to their scheduled joint military exercise. This time, simulations will include intercepting civilian or military aircraft piloted by terrorists. The air forces of Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy and Malta will participate in the upcoming exercise, in co-ordination with US naval forces stationed in the Mediterranean and Italy, Anatolia news agency reported on Monday, (August 18th).

edit on 10-9-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Is it bad that it now worries me 100x more that they say now the claims are unfounded?

They tend to speak in opposites.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
"Er, yes, we just misplaced them while taking inventory. Someone must have been distracted or unable to get into the hangars while doing a visual inspection. Happens all the time. We really need to get a better system in place, but don't have the funds at present."

How could they lose 11 jumbo jets ....

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Its the 13th anniversary. Thats an unlucky number. I think Obama's address was a bad omen.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Pledging to destroy ISIS on the eve of 9/11 being probably the worst time to announce plans. That's really going to insight violence for tomorrow. Way to add fuel to the fire and now this?!

link   
...huh?

Sounds like really bad damage control.

"Oh, those planes that were taken? The ones we said that could be used for terrorism? They weren't reeeaaallyyy taken. Oops. Sorry for saying they were missing for weeks. You're safe."

REALLY bad damage control.

link   
Now that they say 2/3 of all Americans are backing the latest war move against ISIS, the war machine's fabricated propaganda can be ratcheted down a few notches. They were merely trying to get people on board, and for the most part, they succeeded. So war it is again.
Sigh.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
As I mentioned in your other thread...I'd like to know how 11 jets get into the air without the World knowing. The entire globe tracks the sky.

If they were stolen it had to have been a cooperative effort...Not just a few people or Nations.

Unless of course they aren't really missing but rather relocated on the same grounds somewhere...much easier

IMO

Peace

edit on 10-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Other countries have alerts out for the planes that "aren't missing" - while we're told "Nothing to see here, move along ... move along".

Yeah, suuure!

Either they're covering for their own surveillance ineptitude (like Benghazi or Pearl Harbor) or a false-flag open is being setup.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I would bet they weren't flown away but who knows. Did we ever find that missing Malaysian airliner?

If these planes are missing and the worst case scenario comes true, I don't think they'll be flown very far from Libya. Whatever target these terrorist choose I'm sure it will be close by. Chances are, unless they kidnapped and force an actual airline pilot to fly the suicide plane to its target they will never get an airliner off the ground without crashing. If they do make it in the air some Air Force/Navy somewhere will shoot them down.
Or this is all just a misunderstanding and no terrorist has these so called missing planes.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.usatoday.com... apparently Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy, Malta, & the US Navy believe it to be true because they all added it last minute as a scenario to their military exercise in preparation.

allafrica.com...

After eleven civilian airliners were hijacked during the fighting, "5+5" member states reportedly decided to add an element to their scheduled joint military exercise. This time, simulations will include intercepting civilian or military aircraft piloted by terrorists. The air forces of Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy and Malta will participate in the upcoming exercise, in co-ordination with US naval forces stationed in the Mediterranean and Italy, Anatolia news agency reported on Monday, (August 18th).

Uh....no...nowhere there does it say that "the believe it happened" - but it is obviously a possible scenario that the military should be prepared for as much as possible!

Most of the airliners supposedly missing were accounted for over a week ago by aviation geeks

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I already said this a week ago:

I heard from a source that spoke with the airline company and they said the story wasn't true. I never bought the story in the first place

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone in power likes to spread fear and panic amongst the population, or maybe some bored journo just got a bit over-zealous

edit on -180002014-09-11T01:58:16-05:000000001630201416092014Thu, 11 Sep 2014 01:58:16 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KissMyWookiee
Other countries have alerts out for the planes that "aren't missing" -

Care to show us these "alerts" from government sources - which countries have these "alerts" out?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Other countries have alerts out for the planes that "aren't missing" -

Care to show us these "alerts" from government sources - which countries have these "alerts" out?

Didn't you read Swills' post?

allafrica.com...

They wouldn't be running training drills to intercept planes that aren't missing, would they?
edit on K173131Sep143720142014k by KissMyWookiee because: tag fix

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Didn't you read Swills' post?

Nothing there about a government putting out a alert! Keep trying, I doubt if you will find one!
edit on 11-9-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
WHen a so called Official speaks believe the just opposite

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Unfortunately...I think this news is most likely true. To me it is a big red flag; also all the threats that ISIL is making on twitter and facebook; I think the White House needs to pay attention.

I think there is (a lot) of important information that TPTB in the U.S. want to keep hidden from (we the people); perhaps we will need to rely more on some news sources from other countries.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I never really believed it in the first place. Flying jumbo jets isn't like Microsoft Flight Simulator, you need to be trained in how all of the onboard systems work to even get the thing off the ground. The morons that pulled off 9/11 only needed to know how to steer the planes, not how to taxi, take off and land, which is what would have been required here.

These militants are largely uneducated poor people, so the chances that they had 11 fully trained pilots in their ranks, who stole 11 jumbo jets and had none of them crash is pretty much zero. If the claim was one or two, well… maybe. Eleven? No way.

new topics

top topics

join