It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike Helps Design Airplane Interior Focused on Athlete-Specific Needs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This looks, and sounds, pretty incredible. The future sure does look bright for future athletes!

Recovery: equalizing the negative effects of air travel on the mind and body, and bringing the training room to 40,000 feet through in-flight biometrics and analysis to accelerate injury diagnosis and treatment.

Circulation: fostering natural mobility and building in equipment that ensures optimal circulation and promotes healing.

Sleep: designing ideal sleeping conditions for individuals and sleep strategies for entire teams to maximize physical readiness.

Thinking: creating spaces for key mental activities, especially film study—enabling in-transit film review both before and after games.

Bleacher Report

This is pretty extraordinary, it's showing just how serious the business of professional sports really is!

I would love to fly in one of these things.

It looks like something out of a sci-fi movie...
edit on 10-9-2014 by gatorboi117 because: added source

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Pretty sure its not going to happen, its just cool advertising for Nike.
I used to work the flights for an airlines that was the “official airline” of a certain football team, and there is no airline out there that is going to custom build a “special” wide-body aircraft that is only used for sports team charters. They use a normal narrow-body aircraft that is rotated in to charter those flights, and rotated back out into normal service the rest of the time. Aircraft are too expensive to buy and maintain to be custom building them for that sort of limited use purpose.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was going to ask if they were going to equip the plane with white sleeveless shirts, beer, and a glove for all those backhanded slaps the NFL players might need on their journey to the next game....

I see beds instead.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Sorry this is probably jealousy.. I'm so glad companies like this can design a these wonderful things .. For athletes, celebs, football (American or soccer) teams and the rich .. While the likes of most of us 9-5ers get .. Oh yeah a kick in the face. They should make them fly on a normal chartered aircraft

Meh crap mood today
edit on 12-9-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join