It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Wants Authority to Arm Syrian Rebels, but GOP Is Wary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I'll probably take a lot of flak for this, but the right course of action (as far as fighting IS goes), is to work WITH Assad, not against him

I don't think so.

That is a win for Iran.

Just like now the Iraqi government is working with Iran.

It is a no win scenario for US.

The best course of action is to do nothing, and deal with whoever comes out on top.

edit on 10-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The best course of action is to do nothing, and deal with whoever comes out on top.

In regards to Syria, or the entire situation (ISIS included)?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I don't like Saudi.

As it stands right now the greatest threat to the Saudi monarchy, and Iran is ISIS.

I don't like Iran either.

As far as I am concerned they both need to read some Gandi.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

To answer the entire situation.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well, I agree with you philosophically, unfortunately ISIS has already proven that they have no interest in just being left alone or allowed to do their own thing. Their entire goal is to make the world submit under their swords, and they've proven how depraved and barbaric they can be in their quest to reach that goal. It's a situation that can easily get worse if it isn't dealt with, and is simply left to play out however the cards may fall.

I also agree with your comments on Saudi Arabia. They are one of the biggest exporters of terrorism on the planet, and have a very storied history in the evolution of militant jihadist groups. There seemed to be some indication that they even had a hand in some of the chemical weapons attacks that took place in Syria as well (at least as far as supplying extremist rebel groups). Yet the U.S never points it's finger at them because they are too afraid of the economic consequences.

Iran is certainly worrisome as well (although I would argue they are far less of a threat to the U.S than ISIS or even Saudi Arabia).

The whole situation is one big cluster$*@#. Laying the blame game aside, I still think the "wait it out" approach is the wrong one, especially as far as ISIS is concerned.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join