It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas turns down Egypt offer of “Palestinian” state in Sinai

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420

originally posted by: howmuch4another

a reply to: thov420

Israel is a done deal. That horse is out of the stable and recognized globally.

Not hardly. UN Vote for Palestine Not surprising it was voted down by Israel and the US, and that was just for non-Member Observer State status. The US/Israel don't even want the Palestinians at the UN period.
Just another reason that taking the gift would have givin them more to work with on a global level.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Do you really think the Palestinians would be given a fair shake no matter where they are located? And if so, why don't they deserve their own land to start with? It was given to the Jews by the British which is the same as Americans giving your/someone else's land away to someone else because they "won a war".

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I dont understand why people that have lived on a land for how many hundreds of years would want to get kicked out, i also dont understand how you come up with the conclusion that pallys not wanting to lose there ancestral homes mean they want the destruction of israel.

Because they have not lived their for hundreds of years. Most of what we call Palestinians today are people from other Arab nations that came after being recruited by the British for better paying jobs, about the same time the Jews were coming from Europe. While a very tiny portion of both Jews and Arabs have been in the area for centuries for the most part they are all new to the area.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I dont understand why people that have lived on a land for how many hundreds of years would want to get kicked out, i also dont understand how you come up with the conclusion that pallys not wanting to lose there ancestral homes mean they want the destruction of israel.

Because they have not lived their for hundreds of years. Most of what we call Palestinians today are people from other Arab nations that came after being recruited by the British for better paying jobs, about the same time the Jews were coming from Europe. While a very tiny portion of both Jews and Arabs have been in the area for centuries for the most part they are all new to the area.

Blatant lie and propaganda. Laughable really.

The Palestinian people (Arabic: الشعب الفلسطيني‎, ash-sha‘b al-Filasṭīnī), also referred to as Palestinians (Arabic: الفلسطينيون‎, al-Filasṭīniyyūn, Hebrew: פָלַסְטִינִים), are the modern descendants of the peoples who have lived in Palestine over the centuries

Wiki

This basic information is available everywhere, not just on Wikipedia.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420 Yes. I think the more resources they have then the more influence they can have on their own future. Right now their future is in the hands of israel and there is not much that can be done about it if their leaders keep making stupid choices based on history and not taking the future into account. I mean really this is day one military tactics to have more than one base of operations.

i get it that they have been screwed over the years but now they are screwing themselves by not expanding and by their tactics of hiding behind women and children and claiming they have no other choice.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9 and according to science everyone alive today are modern decendants of apes. Those facts do not hold much weight givin that they live surrounded by enemies and refuse to think clearly because they have been dealt a shotty hand.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Actually definitely. You made my point by showing Israel a member of the UN. they are globally recognized now, today, this minute. Recognizing Palestine at the UN will not negate Israel. Ever. This is the land of the lost supporters of Palestine live in. I will say it again. Israel isn't going anywhere or reducing its borders so solutions will have to start there.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Imagine that, offered a piece of land that isn't your homeland and saying no? How about Israel give the Palestinians their own homeland, I bet they would say yes. Being from MN, If I was forced out and given a piece of WI or IA and told to accept it or die I know what my choice would be. F off, period. How about we let them have their own land instead of trying to appease them with others land?

Its not their land and hasn't been since the 1940s. Most people from that time aren't even alive now. How about Hamas stops being a terrorist organization who only cares about the death of the Jews?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Uhh.. you just make up information here. You said they would get the land free and clear, but the link says they would be demilitarized. That's all fine and dandy, but who ensures that and who makes sure it continues.

I don't know if you are trolling, shilling, or just can't read between the lines. They wouldn't be gaining land, but rather living under some authority. I doubt his successor will take the deal.

It DOES NOT indicate they don't want peace. It does not indicate they want to destroy Jews. Most everyone in the world knows it's the other way around all evidence points towards genocide (by definition) and only a few brainwashed western populations see it any other way.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

You think the people born during the turmoil aren't alive? From 47 to 67? I assure you many of them are, and the ones that arent, well it was there kids and grandkids homes that were stolen.

You would be okay with someone taking your home away from your family? Your kids and grandkids?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

a reply to: howmuch4another

how exactly does not wanting to move out of your homeland Israeli propaganda? Please do tell.

You should just move out and let the Native Americans have their land back.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

You think the people born during the turmoil aren't alive? From 47 to 67? I assure you many of them are, and the ones that arent, well it was there kids and grandkids homes that were stolen.

You would be okay with someone taking your home away from your family? Your kids and grandkids?

I said, "most" of them. I wouldn't be okay with someone taking my home. But, I wouldn't hold a grudge for 60 years and reject offers for other land either. If I got kicked out of my home and someone offered me a new one. I'd do what any other reasonable person would do. I'd take the home.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Were you aware of the fact that people were aware of what the Israeli state in its current position would bring, and that there were other places that were offered for the creation of Israel, but that these were all turned down by the Jews? So why is it that when the Palestinians do the exact same thing all of the sudden it is them who don't want peace? Israel knew what it was getting into when they decided to create a sovereign state in an already populated region, and they could have chosen to create their state in another location, as there were options.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus The jews were all moving together and this deal seemed to just give the palestinians more land if they unarmed themselves. It is not the same.

However as the other member came in and pointed out the part of the deal that includes no weapons that does pose a valid reason to reject the offer but i would still take it because land aint cheap and there is no doubt that strength can come through growth.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Starting from an absolute position leaves no room for compromise. Why can't we all just get along?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

How about Hamas stops being a terrorist organization who only cares about the death of the Jews?

How about the US government just keep their noses out of everybody else's business? Oh wait, the US government doesn't speak for all US citizens. I'm not a fan of any government but I would still fight for my land against foreign invaders.

smithjustinb: You should just move out and let the Native Americans have their land back.
You know if this was still the 1800's you might have a point, but it's not. If those Indians want to come fight for their land back I wouldn't like it but I sure wouldn't hold it against them.
edit on 9/10/14 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Imagine that, offered a piece of land that isn't your homeland and saying no? How about Israel give the Palestinians their own homeland, I bet they would say yes. Being from MN, If I was forced out and given a piece of WI or IA and told to accept it or die I know what my choice would be. F off, period. How about we let them have their own land instead of trying to appease them with others land?

First it is home to the JEWS!! They were there first. It was the Arabs who stole it from them, they also enslaved the Jews by the way. March your backside to Israel and you will see ten times more ancient Jewish and Christan sites there than any recent Arab site. That is a FACT!!

Fact! The Arabs did not give two craps about the land till the Jews were given the land and made it prosperous. The Arabs had run the whole area down and nothing grew there till the Jews came back in mass.

FACT! Jordan was created at the same time Israel was given back to the Jews for the Arabs that were in Israel.

FACT! The Nation of Israel is the third oldest in the whole region and it was JEWISH!

woundedamericanwarrior.com...

Who lies constantly again????

I love how the rest of the modern world has to bend over for those who were used as slaves but when anything comes to the Jews the world says Oh Rubbish and persecutes them some more.

By all rights Gaza belongs to Egypt, They really should not get it back after attacking Israel like they did three dam times but I say Israel gives it back to them with a clause saying no heavy weapons in the area and let them slaughter Hamas.

Israel would do anything to live in peace but they can not give anymore land to them because we all know that will not bring peace. It never has nor will it if Israel does fall back to the 67 borders. The Arabs who are there just like to fight and the 67 borders can not be defended nearly good enough.

In the long run Abbas should have taken this deal because the people who do not want to fight, they could have moved into the Sinai, been at peace and lived a normal life. Now they are stuck in a Hamas ghetto where Hamas will do anything to make sure their dead bodies make it on the evening news.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Israel NEVER took anyone's home away unless they were TERRORIST!

There are tons of Arabs living inside Israel as we speak, even the family of Hamas's leader. If you ever ####SNIPPED#### went to visit Israel you would see how bad the Jews want this fight to stop. Just because the Arabs took the land from the Jews and then made them slaves gives the Arabs no dam right to lay claim to Israel. Not one dam bit. The UN seemed to think the same thing in 1948 and even gave the Arabs the whole country of Jordan at the same time.
edit on Wed Sep 10 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped personal comment

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Uhh.. you just make up information here. You said they would get the land free and clear, but the link says they would be demilitarized. That's all fine and dandy, but who ensures that and who makes sure it continues.

It DOES NOT indicate they don't want peace. It does not indicate they want to destroy Jews. Most everyone in the world knows it's the other way around all evidence points towards genocide (by definition) and only a few brainwashed western populations see it any other way.

You have no clue what real Genocide is. Genocide is not when you fake a ton of deaths!!! Gaza was supposed to be demilitarized as well, see how well that worked for Israel.

woundedamericanwarrior.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

A small percentage of the so called 'palestinians' are descendants of the peoples who have lived in Palestine over the centuries.... the rest are just like Mr Spad explained, they are basically descendants of refugees.

Its funny how the only argument anti-zionists end up leaning on is the claim that Jews aren't Jews... lol... and they claim they are not anti-semitic. Laughable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join