It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas turns down Egypt offer of “Palestinian” state in Sinai

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Egyptian President General Abdel Fatah al-Sisi has offered Palestinian Authority leader Mahmoud Abbas the chance to create a Palestinian state in the Sinai Peninsula, according to local Israeli media. The offer to the Palestinian President which, reports say Abbas has denied, would have seen 1,600 square kilometres of the Sinai Peninsula given to the Palestinian Authority, creating a Palestinian state five times the size of Gaza.

In the new and enlarged Gaza, the territory would be demilitarised and Palestinian refugees, many who were unable to return to their towns after the creation of Israel, would have been able to settle there.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Shows you how much they want peace and that they only want the destruction of the Jews. The Pallys were crazy for not taking this deal. They would get the Sinai free and clear while the rest of the land they already have would also stay under their control.
I like the quote bellow.

Sisi allegedly said to Abbas in the meeting: "You are now 80 years old, if you don't accept this proposal, your successor will."

I wonder what happens when Egypt clamps down hard on the Sinai and Abbas, Hamas can not get their promised money from Iran and the rest of the terrorist nations? Bet he comes crawling back then! Then it will be time to say so srorry you had your chance, bye bye now!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Nice find... yea that was a crazy deal to turn down.

I am sure someone is going to blame Israel... but to straight up turn it down... I can see maybe stringing it out so you can try for a better deal or at least use it to help in your PR war against Israel.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Imagine that, offered a piece of land that isn't your homeland and saying no? How about Israel give the Palestinians their own homeland, I bet they would say yes. Being from MN, If I was forced out and given a piece of WI or IA and told to accept it or die I know what my choice would be. F off, period. How about we let them have their own land instead of trying to appease them with others land?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I dont understand why people that have lived on a land for how many hundreds of years would want to get kicked out, i also dont understand how you come up with the conclusion that pallys not wanting to lose there ancestral homes mean they want the destruction of israel.
edit on 10-9-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Certainly if he took the deal he would have to answer to Hamas. Seems it really is all about the fight with Israel. The usual folks will be here soon to tell us how this is Israeli propaganda.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
For everyone citing ancestral reasons for turning down the deal is overlooking the fact that nothing was being taken away and they would have only gained. You all know good and well that if they would have taken it then some of the people there would want to move and live safer. Not all the palestinians want to fight of honor some ancient history by giving their life in a hard headed manner. For that matter it could be used to aid the people if nothing else. This was a dumb move by a leader.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

how exactly does not wanting to move out of your homeland Israeli propaganda? Please do tell.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

would have been interesting to see a populous vote of the palestinian citizens on the offer.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

because right now they are between a rock and a hard place and some just want a life without violence. It can also be argued that Sinai is still homeland. Israel isn't going anywhere.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

How exactly is this a win/win for the Palestinians? I don't doubt some people would want to move out of a war zone and that should be their pejorative. Who would willingly stay when they are being bombed relentlessly? Maybe people who feel a connnection to that land? But the Palestinian people as a whole have been there much longer than any Israelis who use the bible/torah as their claim to the land.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So it's bow to the Israeli demands or be bombed out of existence? Great options there.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

How about these zionist occupier maggots move to Sinai? Let the Palestine be and stay Palestine for the Palestinians.
edit on 10-9-2014 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

last I checked Israel has only demanded to not be attacked. back to the ridiculous argument that never stops.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well just like any subject that is brought up for discussion some would stay and some would go but would you want the choice for yourself as a citizen or would you rather have someone make the decision for you? At the least land is valuable even if you do not reside on it. Dumb dictator move on behalf of people suffering unwanted by all.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Gain land, loose nothing... how anyone can say this is wrong is amazing...

it isn't about Israel needs to go away, to me it reads Hamas wants to keep innocents in the line of fire so they can continue to get propaganda bits out of their blood, and Abbas doesn't think he can survive going against Hamas.

edit: Egypt offered not Israel... or do some people honestly think Egypt is run by Israel?
edit on 10-9-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ridiculous.

Give back Palestine to the Palestinians. Israelis should move to Europe and Russia where they're from, I mean if they want peace and all.

But I guess all they want is the the destruction of the Palestinians.

George Friedmann in his book, The End of the Jewish People, pointedly states that the Europeans claiming to be Jews, are nothing more then "Hebrew speaking Gentiles." The late president of Egypt, Gamal Abdel Nasser, stated on television, "you (the Jews) will never be able to live here in peace, because you left here black but came back white. We cannot accept you!

Link
edit on 10-9-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I absolutely hate the rockets being fired by Hamas and others against Israel. But I also can't overlook the fact the Palestinians were there first. Do we Americans blame the natives for attacking us to keep us out? I think not. They were trying to defend themselves and lost. I wasn't there to stand up for the Native Americans but I sure as hell can stand up for the Palestinians now. It's their land and they have every right to fight for what is theirs.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
All Arab nations want Israel gone, and all Israelis drowned in the sea.When you learn that fact then you will start to understand Middle East.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And they will continue to suffer because of it. Like I said Israel isn't going anywhere regardless of what people want much like Europeans weren't going anywhere once they claimed America. It is how history has unfolded for centuries. I feel sorry for both sides believe it or not. But a solution is far from being sought.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

You seem to think the same wasn't the norm for the Native Americans or the Inca when occupied by foreign powers. People are going to fight for what they feel is rightfully theirs no matter the odds/world opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join