It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Westminsters Plan B

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Where one earth are you getting your information!

Alex Salmond.

Alex Salmond's claims that Scotland would be '14th richest country in world'

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
By the day big business is preparing to relocate from Scotland to England

if there is a 'Yes' vote making it obvious that they have no confidence in

an independent Scotland.

But Hey! what do they know that Alex Salmond doesn't know better ...

He would do well to remember 'there's many a slip twix cup and lip'

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It'll probably be linked to the use of the Sterling...
"Scratch my back I'll scratch yours" kinda deal!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

an independent Scotland.

Including... LLoyds (who own the Bank of Scotland) and... the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Admittedly they may need to move for practical and legal reasons as much as anything, but it sounds so much more sensational to say that they are preparing to abandon ship if the vote is "yes"...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Scotland will keep the oil as it is in Scottish waters. This is established international law ( as well as being blindingly obvious).
Assets that are up for negotiation are non geographical. For every asset that rUk wants to keep ie trident then there is an offset to any debt Scotland takes.
The only complication is valuing non tangible assets.
Off course Scotland is economically viable. There are many smaller countries with less natural resource or infrastructure doing just fine.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Most of the threats to move can be put under the category of rich old men with knighthoods say no change needed.
What is good for the chairman of a listed company is not the same as what is good for 90% of us.
Of course some businesses will move south over time if their main interests are south of the border. Equally some will move north or new companies created. Scottish customers will want to use companies that trade in Scotland as much as English customers will want to use companies in England.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

an independent Scotland.

But Hey! what do they know that Alex Salmond doesn't know better ...

He would do well to remember 'there's many a slip twix cup and lip'

Name one big business that plans to relocate.?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

an independent Scotland.

Including... LLoyds (who own the Bank of Scotland) and... the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Admittedly they may need to move for practical and legal reasons as much as anything, but it sounds so much more sensational to say that they are preparing to abandon ship if the vote is "yes"...

Please supply a link to any evidence that Lloyds plan on shutting up shop in Scotland.?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Royal Bank of Scotland have confirmed that in the event of a yes vote they will relocate to London.
RBS confirms London move if Scotland votes Yes

And a statement from Lloyds Banking Group.

"While the scale of potential change is currently unclear, we have contingency plans in place which include the establishment of new legal entities in England. This is a legal procedure and there would be no immediate changes or issues which could affect our business or our customers. "There will be a period between the referendum and the implementation of separation, should a Yes vote be successful, that we believe is sufficient to take any necessary action."

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Scotland will keep the oil as it is in Scottish waters. This is established international law ( as well as being blindingly obvious).
Assets that are up for negotiation are non geographical. For every asset that rUk wants to keep ie trident then there is an offset to any debt Scotland takes.
Off course Scotland is economically viable. There are many smaller countries with less natural resource or infrastructure doing just fine.

The lawyers are going to be over all this like a rash. Scotland will not get to keep all the oil, London will see to that. The base at Faslane will close, I doubt that London will buy any more naval vessels from Scottish yards, the debt issue will be a huge one... I could go on, but the list is vast and Salmond has been vastly optimistic.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Royal Bank of Scotland have confirmed that in the event of a yes vote they will relocate to London.
RBS confirms London move if Scotland votes Yes

And a statement from Lloyds Banking Group.

"While the scale of potential change is currently unclear, we have contingency plans in place which include the establishment of new legal entities in England. This is a legal procedure and there would be no immediate changes or issues which could affect our business or our customers. "There will be a period between the referendum and the implementation of separation, should a Yes vote be successful, that we believe is sufficient to take any necessary action."

eh, Lloyds dont have a Headquarters here in Scotland...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: ScepticScot

The lawyers are going to be over all this like a rash. Scotland will not get to keep all the oil, London will see to that. The base at Faslane will close, I doubt that London will buy any more naval vessels from Scottish yards, the debt issue will be a huge one... I could go on, but the list is vast and Salmond has been vastly optimistic.

Thanks, "London will see to that".....Another reason for anyone in their right mind to vote yes.
As for Faslane, there is no reason why Faslane cant stay open as a Sub Repair facility, that's what it does now, or as a working yard connected to the Oil and gas industry...It's the Weapons that we want rid of.

London doesn't BUY any vessels from Scottish yards, they sub contract the work out. I dont see why they wont give any future work to Scotland as we are good at what we do and have the facilities to handle the work... or have we become a untrustworthy bunch over night.
Anyway, under the UK governments watch the Yards on the Clyde have been decimated, so any promises from Westminster that the future of Shipbuilding on the Clyde is only safe after a No vote is pretty much....well, without being rude is.... Utter Garbage.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You best tell them that then , they seem to think they do.

Lloyds Banking Group will move its official headquarters out of Scotland if the country votes for independence in next week’s referendum.
Lloyds and RBS to move HQ to London if Scots vote Yes

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

You best tell them that then , they seem to think they do.

Lloyds Banking Group will move its official headquarters out of Scotland if the country votes for independence in next week’s referendum.
Lloyds and RBS to move HQ to London if Scots vote Yes

Lloyds Banking Group plc 25 Gresham Street London EC2V 7HN
Money laundering

A 2010 report by the Wall Street Journal described how Credit Suisse, Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group, and other banks were involved in helping the Alavi Foundation, Bank Melli, the Government of Iran, and others circumvent US laws banning financial transactions with certain states. They did this by stripping information out of wire transfers, thereby concealing the source of funds. Lloyds Banking Group settled with the US government for US$350 million. The US government's Manhattan District Attorney's Office was involved, although the case was merged with one at the federal US Department of Justice.

Tax avoidance

In 2009, a case was brought against Lloyds by HM Revenue and Customs on grounds of tax avoidance. Lloyds was accused of pouring hundreds of millions of pounds into transatlantic tax avoidance schemes in the form of loans to American financial institutions
Good riddance..

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: grainofsand
Why do you care?

I dont, just wondering if Westminster had a Plan B in the event that they lose 90% of Oil and Gas revenue overnight.

EDIT. We are always being asked what our Plan B would be on Currency...I just thought it would be fair to turn the tables and ask what Westminster's Plan B is on the loss of a Trillion quids worth of revenue...
Do you have an Answer??

What's wrong with taking the piss? The last vestiges of that evil empire are being dismantled and we are allowed to laugh in the face of the dick brains that are desperate for it not to happen.

Eventually, commonwealth countries will turn their backs on the British monarchy as their head of state because it's so demeaning for such a piss weak country like England to still have even the slightest semblance of the power it once stole.

SHame on that country's government for causing wars, massacring millions and it's time those private schooled pricks got what was coming to them - absolutely nothing, except the world's contempt.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I don't know what the problem is with banks (Scottish or not) relocating their HQ's to London. If I was Scottish I would be happily standing at the border waving them goodbye!

It's a perfect opportunity for Scotland to give the corrupt, thieving banksters the middle finger and set up fresh new banks under a whole new 'people' system, and lead the world with a system that's by the people for the people!

And that goes for any aspect of their new 'people' government....a completely clean slate where everything can be started from scratch......way to go Scotland
....let's hope you see the bigger opportunities, not continue being embroiled in same old ways of doing things and only changing the faces.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
...and lead the world with a system that's by the people for the people!

More likely "by Alex Salmond for Alex Salmond"...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I can see your mind is made up but I hope for the sake of you and your countrymen the vote is no on the 18th Solo because you have the best of both worlds at the moment , you're being led up the garden path by Salmond to a future of uncertainty and likely turmoil.

In the case of a yes vote , farewell and good luck , I fear you will miss us more than we will miss you.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I can see your mind is made up but I hope for the sake of you and your countrymen the vote is no on the 18th Solo because you have the best of both worlds at the moment , you're being led up the garden path by Salmond to a future of uncertainty and likely turmoil.

In the case of a yes vote , farewell and good luck , I fear you will miss us more than we will miss you.

I'll miss VD more than i'll miss Westminster.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: angelchemuel
...and lead the world with a system that's by the people for the people!

More likely "by Alex Salmond for Alex Salmond"...

Hardly likely......the referendum is a straight "shall we stay or shall we go" vote. The Scottish people themselves will decide 18 months or so later who and how the country will be run. I personally can't see it being Salmond.

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join