It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporations Screw Everybody

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The problem is that gov lets them because they run the gov. Make lobbying illegal. Make Congress vote on one thing at a time. So there is no hidden crap. Then congress may actually accomplish something.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Mon ami! Logic! Sensibility!

Such things have no place in politics today. The foxes are guarding the henhouse. Those same foxes would have to be the ones to change the rules. The same foxes who profit from being the guardians of the henhouse.

I do not see that happening without a significant voter revolution. In order for that to happen we would actually need smart, informed voters. Sorry, that last sentence makes me want to laugh.....bellylaugh, while rolling on the floor and my butt actually falls off..

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

New word order? This isn't new, check out the 100 year old "Treason of the Senate" for an in depth veiw of how this was allowed to happen. Insanely relevant to this day.
edit on 10-9-2014 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
CEOs may be greedy, but I don't blame the America's problems on capitalism. Their decisions ultimately help the corporation and that's good for the economy. The amount of money paid to employees is based on what they can pay to the employees and still maintain a steady increase in production and other improvements.

Yeah, CEOs are rich. But, its their money. As long as they pay the same percentage of taxes as everyone else, I don't care how they spend it or how rich they get. A company that does well in America is a good thing for America.

Most of the time, when a corporation sets up in a state, they have a talk with the governor and some dealing is done. The governor, more often than not, has the best interests of the majority of people in mind, because it is the majority of the people that the politician is trying to get a vote from. For example, the factory where I work wanted the state to build a road for easier access to the factory. But, the government only agreed under certain terms. One term was, the factory had to create X amount of jobs. So, at the factory I work at, they have people doing tasks that, in other factories, robots are doing much more efficiently. Among other terms.

Unless a politician is accepting bribes, there is no corruption ties between the state and the corporation. If a politician is accepting bribes, you can bet your bottom dollar that members of the politician's opposite political party are working diligently to expose it and not only get their opponent kicked out of office, but prosecuted as well.

Unless a corporation is getting tax breaks or a politician is accepting bribes, there is no outrage here and the existence of the corporation is anything but a bad thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed.

They want all the rights and privileges afforded to personhood...just none of the responsibility or consequences.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

May I ask how are corporations responsible for the pisspoor education system here in the USA since the latter 60's onward? Thanks

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's true imo. The fact that they answer only to shareholders is whats made them so corrupt. Shareholders are the "1%", most investment money doesn't come from the guy who works as a mechanic or a plumber. The shareholders in these companies are usually the CEO's and high level executives themselves or their close associates. It's the wealthy (not rich, wealthy) investment class. Those people have hijacked our country. Economy, politics, pretty much every spectrum of our life is now owned by them. We are a country controlled by god, the only problem is the god is money. I sometimes think to myself that all of George W's conversations with god were actually him talking to wealthy people. I have no doubt that it am right.

Our country was pretty much designed this way. The Articles of Confederation were hijacked and done away with by the wealthy investment class during our infancy and turned into the constitution (technically, no one but a few people knew this was going to happen, we were force fed the constitution). It's set a standard that is continued to this day. The wealthy do what they want, while the rest of us do what we can and some of us don't even do that lol.

For the record, not saying the constitution is a bad thing. The words within it are great. It's the purposes it seems to get used for the most that are questionable. The wealthy use it like they do anything else, they pick and choose what parts they need and they interpret it at their own discretion. They are the ones who made it, they made it sound good to everyone, and they corrupt it at every given opportunity.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

New word order?

Backwards speak we where that is?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

For the record, not saying the constitution is a bad thing. The words within it are great. It's the purposes it seems to get used for the most that are questionable. The wealthy use it like they do anything else, they pick and choose what parts they need and they interpret it at their own discretion. They are the ones who made it, they made it sound good to everyone, and they corrupt it at every given opportunity.

And the Articles of Confederation would not have been treated similarly? How so is that?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Considering that the woman that was the head of the CDC is now the President of Merck, (the vaccine people)....that's a good example right there of how it works. Push the vaccines and then go work for the vaccine people. No conflict of interest there. I think Monsanto has some ex-govt. honcho working for them now...isn't that always the way it goes. Corporate interests above the interests of the people. Big business seems to have no heart and soul anymore. Lie and cheat and the consumer gets used and abused while the corporate fat cats and the other ones on the "Hill" make a killing, sometimes literally, when you realize how some of their decisions and deeds actually affect us all.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Going to play devil's advocate here. Cause I see an opening to play.

So... exactly how are corporations not responsible in ways that humans are?

Or.. perhaps how are humans responsible in ways that corporations are not?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677
Well, for starters, they have free speech rights (money) to muck around in our elections. And if a corporation's possible criminal actions result in death (GM), who goes to jail? In fact, if they declare bankruptcy (following a bailout which is corporate welfare) victim's families forego full compensation.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed.

They want all the rights and privileges afforded to personhood…just none of the responsibility or consequences.

Thanks for the nod kosmicjack. Even more frustrating is the politician$ ignore it, and the media unabashedly promote$ their point of view.

$ad $tate of affair$, imo.

edit on 10-9-2014 by intrptr because: $$$

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

...corporations knew they had a responsibility to a number of groups.
    their workers,
    to their community,
    to their customers,
    to the institution of the company itself and
    to the stockholders.

Believe it or not, they actually cared

Suddenly, they should only do what was best for the shareholders.
    Screw everyone else.
    Screw the community,
    screw the company,
    screw the customers,
    and, most of all, screw the workers.

Are you talking about women or corporations?

Cause if one changes the word "workers" to "husbands", it reads the same.

You know when Elizabeth Taylor rode that horse to Freedom it had the psychological effect of implying that women were slaves, which they were not, and they required "liberation" which they got. And now we are all debt slaves.

But don't let me stop you guys from believing that the narrow artificial view of economics and corporate governance is end-all be-all of societies problems. Ignoring the fact that half our population is making us fiscally culpable for their irresponsible behavior. Ignoring the fact that no school of economics has ever produced economic prosperity.

Now that you have run out of faithful women to trust your money with, go ahead, start treating our corporations like adulterous wives and forcing them to come-home. I don't like it, but I won't stop you.

Mike Grouchy

If, on the other hand, you are not a complete knuckle head and you have some perspective; watch this video and get a clue about what is really going on. Here is the skinny on what "The States" are doing to us, while we are reading economists who are vilifying corporations.

edit on 10-9-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: dr1234

New word order?

Backwards speak we where that is?

serious business

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Just read the Terms of Service of any company.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What article?

Yeah. I don't see an article either.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Im not naïve enough to think they would've been treated differently. Just stating what as far as I know are facts. Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Humans have free speech rights as well, so there both are equal (should not be, but are).

On the death note: correct, good example.

Regarding the bankruptcy and victim's full compensation, or lack thereof: Those are pretty much the same.

I guess the point I was going to make regarding how corporations are not responsible where people are or vice versa was that simply corporations are people. They are owned by people (stockholders), they are run by people, they hire people, people make the decisions that guide them.

In other words properly worded laws, properly investigated violations of the laws should (should!!!) result in people going to jail when laws are broke. There is no need for stupid, redundant, overlapping regulations. There is solely a need for enforcement.

I blame our govt for the problems we see in the business world. The environment for companies to operate in is ridiculous and who is responsible for that? The gov..

We curse lobbying and lobbyists, and the corporations who use them...... but it is legal. Does it create conditions that are ripe for abuse, for corruption? Umm...yeah! So who is ultimately responsible for that?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I agree completely. Corporations have taken over control of the government. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. They've long since bought and paid for the Senate and the Congress . They have the judges in their back pocket in control of medias of people only hear what they want them to hear.

The field is tilted in favor of the corporations. The only way to level the field is to get in the game . The only way the American people can fight back is to form a corporation themselves . That might sound like a crazy idea, but I'm convinced we need to fight fire with fire. We need the ability to lobby Congress with a unified voice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join