It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Panic As Meteor Crashes Near Their Homes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
admin note: Unfortunately ADGUK.com is trying to turn a meteor into a UFO, that's called hoaxing for pageviews thus it goes to the HOAX bin...

News just in...

Residents in Barcelona panicked when they saw what appeared to be a UFO on fire dart straight towards their homes.

Video footage shows the giant fireball flying across the Spanish sky, witnessed by thousands of people who wondered what it was.

adguk.com...

They are still trying to establish what the object was by recovering the debris although at this time it is thought to be a meteor. Is it just me or has there been an increase in such activity of late..

video available on link above....

purp..

edit on 9-10-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Didn't Spain just have a meteor burn in above them the same day as the Nicaraguan one? ...( I saw it on ATS)...so is this the same one or another one?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
.....and yesterday was Nicaragua (edit). Mmmmm this is getting tooo Spanish now.
edit on 10-9-2014 by egoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I remember the post about the one hitting in nicoragua (I know that's not the correct spelling) it would be nice if someone would compile a list of the ones that have hit in the past few weeks.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Certainly seems like an increase in these Meteors across the Globe!

I wonder if there is anything out there which is headed our way but is being kept quiet until NASA have no choice but to reveal it. I think I did actually read somewhere that NASA were tracking a pretty big Asteroid and were going to try split it up into pieces so it shoots off in other directions.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Link with pics

Makes one think twice about the crater in Nicaragua, eh? A largish near erth object passes by and within the following hours theres two stories of metorites striking the earth... NASA doesnt cover things up tho, do they?

/end sarcasm

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

I remember the post about the one hitting in nicoragua (I know that's not the correct spelling) it would be nice if someone would compile a list of the ones that have hit in the past few weeks.

Yes one came down very recently there.. Left a big hole in the ground.. The footage looks awesome..

purp..

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Certainly seems like an increase in these Meteors across the Globe!

You can find actual data here:

www.imo.net...

I wonder if there is anything out there which is headed our way but is being kept quiet until NASA have no choice but to reveal it. I think I did actually read somewhere that NASA were tracking a pretty big Asteroid and were going to try split it up into pieces so it shoots off in other directions.

No. NASA and several other space agencies have been exploring different options for dealing with a potential "killer asteroid,"but so far it has all been "talk."

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I remember reading a post about that as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Na, I;'m pretty sure I read about it online. Even showed photos of it.

OK, I guess I'm wrong as I can't find any info on it on the net.
edit on CDTWed, 10 Sep 2014 06:06:12 -0500u3006x112x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Na, I;'m pretty sure I read about it online. Even showed photos of it.

Are you thinking about 99942 Apophis? There is still some uncertainty about its next close encounters with Earth, and certainly no concrete plans to deal with a potential impact.
edit on 10-9-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Is it just me or has there been an increase in such activity of late..

Hello
....not just you...there does appear to be more meteor traffic of late.....hopefully it doesn't get worse..or increase

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Hmm, maybe it was an article I saw on Facebook then. I will have to go look for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Is it just me or has there been an increase in such activity of late..

Hello
....not just you...there does appear to be more meteor traffic of late.....hopefully it doesn't get worse..or increase

No, more people are carrying cameras to report the more spectacular incidents. The rate has not changed very much over the past aeon or two.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Sorry, I just edited my post above. I can't find any info on what I thought I read (on the net).

Guess I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

The object crash-landed somewhere in the countryside and now the search is on to find it. Trigo added that, given the size of the fireball, the suspected meteorite was almost certainly too large to have burnt up and therefore would have impacted somewhere, adding: “The question now is to find out where.”

What a treasure hunt that would be, eh?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What a sensational headline...

It was posted the other day HERE.

Just a little quote from the translation in that thread.

Emergency services have received a few calls from people who explained the sighting of a fireball in the sky of Barcelona.

Vs from this article in the Op.

Emergency services were bombarded with phonecalls from concerned homeowners,

Clearly that site in OP is blowing it out of proportion...
edit on 10-9-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Link with pics

Makes one think twice about the crater in Nicaragua, eh? A largish near erth object passes by and within the following hours theres two stories of metorites striking the earth... NASA doesnt cover things up tho, do they?

/end sarcasm

Yes they do, they cover up these meteor strikes because they know if we know the truth, we will rally together and build a really big super trampoline to bounce the invading projectiles back out into the holographic universe thus destroying the facade of reality as we know it, and will all find enlightenment and rejoice and bake cookies, and the NWO dont want this, they want us slaving away on our iphones and never ever knowing the truth...

nasa do so lie, why else would they cover up these meteor strikes so many times?

is that a meteor.. no its a plane, whew.. never mind, gotta be on our toes !!! everyone is out to kill us.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Not sure if it's the same one on my thread. I'm at my phone now and can't run the video.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think most people don't realize that meteors (bolides, "fire balls") are really not THAT rare, neither are impacts of the occasional meteor(ite) on earth. ( How else would you explain the tons of meteorites sold on ebay ?
)

"Scientists estimate that 44 tonnes (44,000 kilograms, about 48.5 tons) of meteoritic material falls on the Earth each day. Several meteors per hour can usually be seen on any given night."

FOURTY FOUR TONS fall on Earth each day.

There is really no indication that the frequency of meteorites increased...but what we sure know is that more people have more cameras...and SADLY (and paradoxically) also more people today are uneducated...and of course the media who hype everything up beyond proportion.

Looking at the footage here...it does NOT look like an "unusually big" bolide to me...and whether it actually "crashed" like the OP/article says I also have my doubts.

As for the Nicaraguan "meteorite", it doesn't look at all like an impact crater to me and as far as I know they didn't find anything either. If the blast was really caused by a meteorite, then (my entirely non-scientific opinion)...maybe it was more like a shock wave from a meteorite which already disintegrated...so that nothing really "impacted"...

edit on 9/10/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join