It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Unveils Watch (Vid At Link)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So they'll sell you a phone and a watch to use with that phone... brilliant actually.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow...cutting edge! Oh, wait, that only applies when you are the first...hell, even sometimes if you are close...

Any who...nice to see Apple starting to catch up, maybe when the Iphone 6 comes out, my brother in law (big applet) can get a phone equal to my aging S4...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Who wears a watch anyway?? It's just something to get people in the hood killed over.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'll probably buy one of these. I have a Pebble smart watch and like it, though it's annoying that it has to be recharged every couple of days and it's a custom interface, so if you are out of town and forget your cord... no watch.

If I do get an Apple Watch, it will have to be one with a metal band. I'm not a hipster and those plastic bands just look cheesy. I waited for the Pebble Steel earlier this year for that very reason.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The android watches looks nicer imo.

But I don't got a watch for tens of years, watches are.. not necessary anymore imo.
You got time everywhere basically.. and these smart watches just don't last long with power which is a huge drawback.

Better have google glasses with time shown and pop ups warnings etc

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin
The android watches looks nicer imo.

But I don't got a watch for tens of years, watches are.. not necessary anymore imo.
You got time everywhere basically.. and these smart watches just don't last long with power which is a huge drawback.

Better have google glasses with time shown and pop ups warnings etc

if i run into someone wearing one of those, its an instant "google image diahrea open first twenty results in tab confirm" and running away laughing like a maniac.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Curious if Samsung is going to sue them now for copying this...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

So they'll sell you a phone and a watch to use with that phone... brilliant actually.

It really is. As much as I want one I know it's really quite unnecessary. But it's shiny. It's like the NAV system in a car. You really don't need it, it's redundant if you have a phone, but man it looks good and makes the car feel complete even though it's overpriced.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

it will probably be more of a friendly competition

who will have the best battery/power source ?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

I think that was tongue in cheek about Apple suing Samsung for having a phone with curves or something.

I just looked at the Samsung watch and I was very unimpressed with it. Especially when you compare it to Apple's. I freaking love Samsung products too. Everything I've owned from Samsung was top notch and lasted far longer than expected (kind of like Apple products).

My bet is that other smartwatch manufacturers are going to be playing catch up for some time and when they do Apple is going to do something awesome again.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: blacktie

www.yankodesign.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I think that was tongue in cheek about Apple suing Samsung for having a phone with curves or something.

I just looked at the Samsung watch and I was very unimpressed with it. Especially when you compare it to Apple's. I freaking love Samsung products too. Everything I've owned from Samsung was top notch and lasted far longer than expected (kind of like Apple products).

My bet is that other smartwatch manufacturers are going to be playing catch up for some time and when they do Apple is going to do something awesome again.

It's almost exactly the same only the Samsung device has more customized abilities and predates it by 2 years. I'd hope apples was more advanced but when it comes to it, is an unnecessary device that drains your phone battery via bluetooth. Users are looking at about an hour to two hour reduction in phone charge with just very moderate use.

Samsung will most definitely sue, especially after the barrage of lawsuits involving everything from pinching to zoom to the structure on the phone. A great, we beat you to it statement.

Now this is a watch - sony watch
edit on 9-9-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

lol, Sony's got big ideas

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yes bite into this apple like the serpent in the old testament said .
Sell your soul and work all the hours god sends to afford it
then sell it on craigslist or ebay in two years for 10 bucks

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Or alternatively have fun with a new product for a few years. If you don't break it they're still going to be offering upgrades to the software for more than 2 years. It's a gadget no one really needs, but it's going to be a lot of fun.

You don't need much more than clothing shelter and food, but lot's of things entertain. Like the computer you're using to post on a website.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I dig fun and i am sure all the mugger's that target apple product's do as well as do the insurance company's ,But i feel for all the parent's that will have to dig very deep to buy this for christmas for their kid's just to be one one of the cool kid's with the must have latest gadget .

Apple just copy a good idea and call it their own ,the i-pad was not the first tablet they wait till better tech is developed for the product and shazzam with some spin and good marketing everyone think apple did it ?.

They are 2 year's behind at least with this watch compared to samsung , but like this computer i am using which i got for free i will find it cheap when all the bug's from the first generation have been sorted out

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch, LG G Watch R, Asus zenwatch already catched up & look better IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Indeed. Apple lets other companies run along ahead and make all the mistakes first. The iPod wasn't the first MP3 player, and the iPhone wasn't the first smart phone. Having that said, they were some of the best products in their class when they appeared.

People aren't loyal to Apple because of impressive technical specifications, they are loyal because of the "experience" in using their technology.

People have become used to having to "fight" their technology to get it to do what they want. People are used to reformatting, rebooting, defragging, updating/patching, buggy operating systems and needlessly complicated programs. People forget that technology should work *for* you, not the other way around. Apple, on the other hand, understands this.

Apple products just work. Sure, you may not be able to customize them in a billion ways, but who cares? I'd rather take a product that just works over one that I can make look needlessly flashy with custom ROMS and crazy animated garbage. Everything I need to do I get done with my Apple products with no fuss or frustration.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

But the biggest drawback from Apple is basicly you pay allot for the name and they can get away with it asking more then their competition.
Also Apple doesn't give a crap about their fanbase/loyal customers at all. I was one and I learned that. No more Apple for me...

edit on 10-9-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
11 Reasons To Boycott Apple Computer Products

lowtechlifestyle.org...

IF you bite the apple you might get a worm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join