It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights In The Sky Last Night 09/08/14 in Rural VA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I would actually prefer to start my own thread with the full story, but to give you a basic answer, I see UFO orbs, all the fricking time. The same colour as general stars/star-light, but these are not stars.

Like you, unfortunately I don't have photos/video YET. I've tried with my iphone the camera is too crappy to get anything worth getting. But just this week I've bought myself a Canon 600d video camera with some awesome lenses, so I'll be able to get some good footage soon enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carl6405

Hey Carl, really fascinating. One thing I would like to know is how your sighting ended exactly? A lot of ufo videos never show what happened at the end. Did the craft fly away? Did it fade from sight? Did it disappear in a flash of light? Did you just leave yourself before the craft left?

Is that your only sighting or have you had more?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thank you for your comments to my video. I do not intend to hi-jack this thread. However, I also live in Virginia and like I said, have had many sightings in Virginia, throughout my lifetime. I met my wife in the Smith Mountain Lake area, while I was a MUFON Field investigator. That experience, is one that will never be forgotten.

Hi-jack away....your video is amazing and I for one am enjoying hearing everyone's experiences and am absolutely thrilled at the similarity between the craft in your video and the one that I saw. Even though my photos didn't come out, your video serves as an excellent reference point for my sighting because I am pretty sure it is the same type of craft that I witnessed. Please, share whatever you can...no complaints here!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScion

I would actually prefer to start my own thread with the full story, but to give you a basic answer, I see UFO orbs, all the fricking time. The same colour as general stars/star-light, but these are not stars.

Of course, and I can hardly wait to hear your story. I've seen tons of things pretending to be stars too...I see them at least once a week and have, for years. They are extremely common in San Antonio, I think because of the military bases there...either they're drawn to them for some reason or are working with the military in some capacity. I think it provides a perfect cover story because TPTB can always dismiss it as being some kind of classified military craft doing training exercises or some such other nonsense...which is exactly how they spin it, even though there is a documented sighting of a craft (also very similar to my UFO) that was so amazing that it made it on the evening news several years ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If I may offer a prosaic explanation for the video , given it is obviously a terrestrial aircraft perhaps an air to air refueling plane trailing 3 lines.
Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If I may offer a prosaic explanation for the video , given it is obviously a terrestrial aircraft perhaps an air to air refueling plane trailing 3 lines.
Just a thought.

Can you elaborate on why it is "obviously" terrestrial, please?
2nd.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't get that either. Why is it obviously a terrestrial aircraft?

(It might indeed be, but I don't see why it is OBVIOUSLY one).

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Cool UFO report! I have a video. It's not so good. But at least I have something better than you do for proof. Why don't you have a better camera if you're seeing UFO's all the time? I would buy a decent camera if UFO's were following me around. I only saw UFO's twice in my life. Once in the daytime and it disappeared as soon as I grabbed for my camera. That one looked like Die Glocke. en.wikipedia.org...

The second time I saw UFO's it was at night. I couldn't get my camera to focus for photos. So I tried the video function and got shabby results. Here's a screen capture from my video. They were round and rapidly changed colors between orange, white, blue, green, and yellow.

Here is my UFO video.
tinypic.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-9-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It's obviously a plane to me because
A , it looks like a plane
B, it has a flashing strobe , it may be a KC-10 like this..

Using either an advanced aerial refueling boom, or a hose and drogue centerline refueling system, the KC-10 can refuel a wide variety of U.S. and allied military aircraft within the same mission. The aircraft is equipped with lighting for night operations.
The KC-10's boom operator controls refueling operations through a digital, fly-by wire system.
Twenty KC-10s were modified to add wing-mounted pods further enhancing their aerial refueling capabilities.
www.af.mil...

But that is just speculation.

edit on 11-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It looks like a plane?

How does a ring of lights look like a plane? What are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Cool UFO report! I have a video. It's not so good. But at least I have something better than you do for proof. Why don't you have a better camera if you're seeing UFO's all the time? I would buy a decent camera if UFO's were following me around. I only saw UFO's twice in my life.

Thank you
I used to have a really good camera, and one day I will again, but right now life circumstances are not optimal for me so toys have to wait
I actually had some really cool shots of orange orb/sphere type UFO's that were taken in late November of 2004, also posted to MUFON but I have since been unable to locate the report on their database and that digital camera no longer exists...a real shame, because they were very clear and very detailed.

I've just recently moved out to this area and the skies are just amazing out here, and I have a lot more free time now so I am fully planning on actively photographing and documenting whatever I happen to see.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It looks like a plane?

How does a ring of lights look like a plane? What are you talking about?

Exactly....I think it looks like anything but a plane. And the cell phone spontaneously ringing even though it had no service cannot be explained by an airplane. I'm going to look this plane up...surely there must be a night shot of a plane refueling somewhere out there in cyber-ville

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: sled735

What do I think? After the experience I had, I would say that if they don't want to be photographed, you aren't going to get one.
And, yes, it could have caused your camera to malfunction. But try again anyway, if it shows back up!

I wonder why they show themselves but then don't want to be photographed? They have to know they're not exactly a secret at this juncture...that's something that really puzzles me.

I will definitely try again and I'm looking online at used cameras this morning too

Good question! I've wondered the same thing.
Maybe they want to show themselves, and make people aware slowly. Eyewitness is better than pictures where everyone cries "Hoax!"
The best evidence is personal experience.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's obviously a plane to me because
A , it looks like a plane
B, it has a flashing strobe , it may be a KC-10 like this..

video

This is the closest approximation that I can find so far, night refueling mission of a KC10 and KC 135. I don't think the craft in Carl's video even remotely comes close to looking like this plane at night. If you can find some alternate footage that would better illustrate what you're asserting, can you please post it? That object looks nothing like an airplane, and neither did the one I saw. Airplanes don't hover like that, even while refueling.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Good question! I've wondered the same thing.
Maybe they want to show themselves, and make people aware slowly. Eyewitness is better than pictures where everyone cries "Hoax!"
The best evidence is personal experience.

You have a very valid point there...it seems that no matter how good the footage or photos that people post happen to be, there are always going to be people immediately dismissing them as a hoax or passing them off as some conventional aircraft. I can understand why people are reluctant to report things even if they have evidence because of things like that.

I'll admit that I personally have seen things that at first glance didn't appear to be aircraft, but on closer inspection and observation turned out to be exactly that. Just as with my sighting, I initially dismissed the craft as being a commuter plane or other small aircraft, and it was just serendipitous that I ended up staying out there long enough to realize that it was most definitely not an airplane after all.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yeah! That's like this thread I posted about something I was sure to be a UFO, but after analysis by members who know more about photography and astrology than me, it turned out to be something else.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Scion,

As to how did our sighting end, in that video? It just went out of sight, flew away. Not in a dramatic fashion.

Tigertatzen.. My video doesnt have color, because I was using the night vision mode on my camera. The large strobing light in the middle was VERY RED.

The rest of the lights around the object were white light. No other colors. Just the large red light in the center and the other points of light were a white light.

Is it a refueling mission?? I cant say for certain. However, if you look at the strange wing shape of the front of this craft, its too large to be wings. Also, there were parts of it that my wife could see with binoculars. She was looking at it with binoculars at the same time, i was filming it.
She said there was more structure to it. A Christmas tree like structure.

Just for fun.. here is a Roswell Rod looking critter that flew in front of my camera one night, while we were out sky watching. Probably a bat.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-9-2014 by carl6405 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Sled...And this is the reason, I don't usually post any of my stuff on this site. It's great that everyone has an opinion of what the "UFO" is. And UFO does not mean aliens from Zeta Reticula..
There are so many people on this site/forum that seem to be hell bent on coming up with an answer as to what it is. Most dont even say.. "I think it is X or Y". They say.. "It is an X or Y".
Honestly, unless you can walk up.. or fly up there and put your hands on the object, no one can say with much certainty what these things are.
However, speculation is fun. I do keep an open mind, but with a healthy dose of skepticism.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

it seems that no matter how good the footage or photos that people post happen to be, there are always going to be people immediately dismissing them as a hoax or passing them off as some conventional aircraft.

Would you rather everybody just says ...yeah , UFO !!! , or is it better to get other peoples HONEST opinions ?

It really pisses me off when something is posted , an opinion is given , then the poster and their believers start crying foul because it flies in the face of their beliefs.

The motto of this site used to be Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Tigertatzen.. My video doesnt have color, because I was using the night vision mode on my camera. The large strobing light in the middle was VERY RED.

The rest of the lights around the object were white light. No other colors. Just the large red light in the center and the other points of light were a white light.

Is it a refueling mission?? I cant say for certain. However, if you look at the strange wing shape of the front of this craft, its too large to be wings. Also, there were parts of it that my wife could see with binoculars. She was looking at it with binoculars at the same time, i was filming it.
She said there was more structre to it. A Christmas tree structure.

I have watched your video over and over again, and I just cannot reconcile what I am seeing with any man-made aircraft I have ever observed. And my ex was an air traffic controller in the USAF, so I have seen a lot of aircraft. Planes' navigation lights are very easily spotted and very distinctive...red on the left wingtip, green on the right, and white either on the tail or each wingtip. So, that is further evidence that what you filmed was not an aircraft...even two aircraft on a refueling mission, especially now that you just confirmed the colors of the lights on the craft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join