It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failed terrorist attack or just an accident.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Basically, a guy with a middle eastern name was driving an 18 wheeler filled with gas (gas hauler I guess) erratically on the roads behind the store rams the truck into the gas pumps at the store he was suppose to fill the gas tanks at. It caught fire but no explosion. He supposedly got out of the truck to extinguish the fire but left the truck in gear and it rolled into the grass. The man was arrested for criminal mischief.

The town that this happened in is small and filled with tons of rednecks and is known as the cowboy capital of the world so there are very few middle eastern in this town.

I know nothing about this man and can find little info on the incident. I've read that it's still under investigation. I just had a thought that what if the truck was suppose to explode but since it didn't he had a wake up call and got out to extinguish the fire or did it so he could claim it was an accident.

I know this sounds like racial profiling but I don't want to ignore something just to be politically correct.

Just wanted to bring this to the attention of ATS and see if anything like this happened anywhere else.

m.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Do you have a source besides facebook?
Fantastic comments on the facebook page too, cause of course his name means he can't have the job that he has.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I believe there is a little something in the town newspaper. Empiretribune.com

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
]a reply to: Sremmos80

here is the article.
edit on 9/9/2014 by stellawayten because: trying to fix the link.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
um.

Why would a terrorist attack a small town of rednecks and cowboys and then try to put out the fire?

Not a very high value target IMO. The terrorists operating in America are many things but stupid isn't on their resume I believe.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I believe if he was planning a terrorist attack, he would have not been there at 6:30AM and waited for many people to be there. And then, why in a little town when he could have hit many larger targets with lots of people in a bigger town.

No, I think it is just what the article says. He doesn't need to be driving a fuel truck with a tendency toward road rage and not having the state of mind to make sure the truck doesn't roll away after jumping out to extinguish the fire.

Also, if it was a terror attack, he would have had someone trailing nearby filming it or to pick him up in the case he survived it. Pretty mich a dead issue.

edit on 9/9/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well just speculating that suppose there was suppose to be several guys do this. It is my understanding that the guy was suppose to be filling up the gas tanks at the station so he was suppose to be there at that time I'm guessing. When you are driving a huge tank of gas around, it seems you would want to be as careful as possible unless you have a death wish.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Could have been a test run to see exactly how *that* scenario, or something similar, would play out if executed in a larger city.

I don't think it was, though.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

I know this sounds like racial profiling but I don't want to ignore something just to be politically correct.

It's blatant racial profiling...
If this had been a white Christian man who just happened to crash a truck no one would give a s#...
Not in a million years would it make the news!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Actually, it would have still made the news in this small town. Just no one would suspect he was a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That's because "white Christian men" do not fly airplanes into buildings. They do not cut the heads off journalists. They do not hold entire villages hostage to use as pawns.

You get the point? The are being profiled for a REASON!

Dorian Soran.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DorianSoran

That's because "white Christian men" do not fly airplanes into buildings.

That's because they sit by and let planes be flown into buildings.

They do not cut the heads off journalists.

What do you think drones and helicopters are for? Christians don't like to get their hands dirty.

They do not hold entire villages hostage to use as pawns.

Of course they do they just make sure the media isn't around to see it.

You get the point? The are being profiled for a REASON!

And what is that reason? It's so the sheeple won't complain when they spend billions on fighting people who are no threat to this country.
edit on 9-9-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DorianSoran

thats not exactly true a "white christian man" flew his personal airplane into an IRS building in austin tx several years ago...

they may not have beheaded anyone or taken villiages hostage lately but it has happened less than 150 years ago...

so yes this is ridiculous racial profiling. The people leaving the US to fight for IS are not just "those people". welcome to the real world buddy...
edit on 9-9-2014 by TexasSeabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

Actually, it would have still made the news in this small town. Just no one would suspect he was a terrorist.

Hence the blatant racial profiling.
He is being seen as a possible terrorist instead of a moron cause of his name and color of his skin. Again just look at the comments on the page you sourced.
Disgusting

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawaytenThe man was arrested for criminal mischief.

Criminal mischief implies that it is believed to be intentional and not accidental. Criminal implies intent.

I know for a fact that here locally, two relatively serious incidents have taken place that never made the news. So I don't know to what extent there would be a cover up.

Also, of course, there is the possibility that it was simply and accident. The police apparently don't think so, however.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The people doing the things you mentioned aren't Christians. They're ordered to do these things by those who create divisions in society. Real Christians are like Real Muslims, just trying to live their lives among systems they know are corrupt.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Criminal does not imply intent, you do not have to intend to do something to be charged with something.
If you break a law, you break a law regardless if you meant to do it.
If the road rage is the cause of this then that is where the criminal charges could be stemming from.

In this case it does imply intent of something, but criminal mischief is still a far cry from failed terrorist attack.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Criminal does not imply intent, you do not have to intend to do something to be charged with something.

In this case it does imply intent of something, but criminal mischief is still a far cry from failed terrorist attack.

The word "criminal" in conjunction with "mischief" means something very specific. It isn't an arbitrary "something". Criminal mischief is by definition the intentional or knowing damage of property or the attempt to do so. That mens rea isn't required to be convicted of "something" means little in this context, because it is necessary for the specific crime of "criminal mischief."

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I said I agree in this case, cause of the charge used, that intent is being sought after.
It has not been proven he had intent, he has only been accused that the intent was there.
I still think that that intent can be derived from many things tho, like if he admitted he was driving erratically cause of road rage, there by intentionally using his vehicle in a manner that cause damage.

Again, just cause he got charged with criminal mischief, does not in any way provide creditability that this was failed terrorist attack.
Even if he came out and said he did this on purpose would not credit a failed attack any more then it would credit a disgruntled worker that took his frustrations out on this gas station.
I bet if the name wasn't released or known, failed terrorist attack would be FAR down the list of possible reasons he did this.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Again, just cause he got charged with criminal mischief, does not in any way provide creditability that this was failed terrorist attack.

Not sure where you got the impression that I said it was. I never used the word "terrorism" or "terrorist". I simply said that the police do not think it was an accident.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join