It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesia Custom Story: Lifeless - The Abandon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I love checking out Custom Stories for the game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Many times it's almost like getting a new game.

I try to post only the good ones that I've done here. There are some that are seriously lacking, not that scary, or were just poorly done. There are, however, many that are not only very well done, but with some of the conversion mods, almost scarier than the original game!

Today I'm posting the first 3 parts of my Let's Play that I've started for one called Lifeless - The Abandon, in which you are apparently kidnapped and thrown into this very old castle that no one knows anything about.

You can get the custom story from indieDB. You can get the Custom Story using this link.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

there appears to be about 40 minutes of play time in this version. thats like...half the play time of dark descent, at least. maybe someone will add another hour's worth of material in the future because 40 minutes is about how long i take to play a flash game. not a PC game. i like the new title, tho.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: eriktheawful

there appears to be about 40 minutes of play time in this version. thats like...half the play time of dark descent, at least. maybe someone will add another hour's worth of material in the future because 40 minutes is about how long i take to play a flash game. not a PC game. i like the new title, tho.

Custom stories are more of an add on, like a DLC for a official game, but made by fans. As such, some will be short, others may be long depending upon the time and effort placed into them.

Also depends upon the amount of game play the gamer does. For example, for me, many of these custom stories last me a lot longer, because I'm recording them, and breaking the recording sessions up into roughly 10 minute videos. After I do a few, I take a break and move on to something else. So if one of them has about 1 hour of game play, it will take me 2 days to get through them (because of real life also, I home school my son, so I have work to do, hehehe).

There are total conversion mods to. For example, "White Knight" is a total conversion mod for Amnesia, easy to install, and does not mess up your normal Amnesia game play (to play the mod, it normally is executed with a batch file that comes with the mod), however, it's a pretty long game play (about 2 hours worth if I remember right).

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here is parts 4 through 6 of this custom story.

Had some pretty good jump scares in it, a couple of good chases by monsters, AND......they put in one monster that FLIES!

Woah. That one caught me off guard!

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Turns out there is a LOT more game play with this custom story.

I thought I was reaching the end, and instead, I was merely leaving Chapter 1 and going to Chapter 2!

Here's the next 2 episodes. The last one, the monsters start coming up behind me and back stabbing!

edit on 15-9-2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Part 9 - I get captured by one of the monsters!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Finally reached the end of this custom story.

I have to say it was pretty good over all. Ending was a bit anticlimatic, but still I'd recommend it to any:

new topics

top topics

join