It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA tortured suspects to 'the point of death': report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: govmule
What democracy did the US help overthrow, Iraq hahaha? Do you have evidence or speculation? As far as medical treatment, where do the wealthy people of the world go for treatment, the Mayo Clinic. It is a shame that it takes wealth to get the proper medical treatment, but, my point was we lead in medical treatment abilities. Evil=when a government kills tens of thousands of its own people on its own soil to stay in power, it also includes genocide. Apparently you are disillusioned about America, its sounds like New Zealand is the place to be.

Iran 1953
Guatemala 1954
Congo 1954
Congo 1960
South Vietnam 1963
And probably others we don't know about

My comment was about health care delivered to citizens not health care available only to the wealthy.

I think you're forgetting what Europeans did to obtain the land that comprises the U.S.

The U.S. provided the chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein that he used to commit genocide on Kurds living in Iraq.

I'm realistic about this country. It's not perfect.

edit on 10-9-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Torture is the means of an evil empire.
Period.

Is it..?

I believe in revenge 100% and if some freak beheaded my family in the street and I caught him later.

I'd make him feel every little bit of his very, very prolonged death.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: govmule

Sadam was within his rights to not allow peeps into his country. He had no WMD and was no threat. The USA has the biggest horde of WMD in the world. Does that give someone the right to invade your nation. No it does not.. See 1.5 million dead (mostly women and children) in an illegal war started under false pretenses and not one politician held to acount..

If you want to support the likes of ISIS I recommend you move to Iraq or Syria, they will be more than happy to take you in...if you convert.

and fyi have a look at who supports the likes of ISIS its your tax dollar given to the free sryian army.. The same tax dollar that funded the taliban and trained bin laden. So if you want to support the likes of ISIS i suggest you stay put and keep paying your taxes..

Bin laden was located in Pakistan not Afganistan. Not that it matters you do not invade a nation because of an act of a terrorist...

Have a look at your history... not so long ago after the first world war the legue of nations was set up to maintian world peace.. It done pretty well until hilter decided to go it alone.. The rest is history..

Next we had the creation of the genva convention to stop the torture of soliders and after the second world war the united nations was created to keep the peace..

Now again we are seeing a nation think it is above the law it is setting a very bad precedent for thing to come. International law has been put there for a reason and no nation is above it....

If you think different.. Go it alone and watch history repeat itself..

kind regards

purp.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

And by the way, my country is still the greatest country on earth no matter what you say, and that is a another fact, like it or not.

Define 'greatness'.

Your attitude does not indicate any of this 'greatness', just simpleness and misplaced nationalism.

Greatness; a caring nation that gives more to charity than any other nation on earth, a democracy that promotes freedom, not communism or anarchy, a country with more advancement to technology than any other nation, a nation that leads in medical care and solutions to illnesses, a nation that will come to the call of those innocents that are oppressed by evil, a country that helped to end WWII and stop a genocide. A country that allows others to enter so they can dedicate themselves to success and a better life.

Now, do you have more than a one line opinion about my nationalism or are you just upset you live in a country you wish was different?

Actually the US ranks one of the lowest for healthcare in the western world.......just saying......

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

now just imagine being innocent

they don't care they would torture you just the same
what kind of people do this job

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BettyHill400

Unfortunately I would say many suffer terrorism everyday, militarizing police is mass torture IMHO. I would bet affiliates of terror suspects get rendered and tortured to inform quite often.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: thesaneone

Real Americans will do what they have to do to protect his/her country

and does that involve falsifying claims that the likes of Iraq was behind 911 and that they had WMD..

No that was an action/invasion based on false evidence.

Well history has proven that not to be the case and history has proven that the taliban in Afganistan where not hiding bin laden..

History has proven just the opposite. If you did not live it, then research it. The Taliban in Afghanistan (whom were the government at the time) publicly proclaimed that they would not turn over Osama Bin Laden or the Al-Qaida that were in their country. They did not deny their presence, just the opposite...The Taliban never disputed that AQ and OBL were present in Afghanistan, just the opposite. They declared AQ an Ally and under their protection.

After the US invasion, OBL fled to and sheltered in Pakistan.

Please don't cite history unless you have a modicum of understanding of the same.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: EA006

Real Americans would not support torture of anyone for any reason. We claim to be the best and superior to others yet we are the same and worse.

Ya know if we are keeping a score card here.

Beheading journalists.

Cutting children in half.

Killing women.

Raping women.

Using WMD ( I guess some people forgot about Syria).

Then someone wants to say how 'outrageous' 'water boarding' is.

Ya know ?

People need to take a GOOD LOOK at what goes on in Mexico, the rest of the ME in places like EVIN prison.

Torture does not protect us or make us any safer. If anything it creates more radicalism and endangers us in the feature.

That's BULLSNIP.

The only thing this country has to do is be breathing to create 'radicalism'.

Of course that radicalism is AS OLD as ISLAM itself.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Real Americans would not support torture of anyone for any reason. We claim to be the best and superior to others yet we are the same and worse.

Ok we should not torture prisoners, but how are we worse than people who behead other people? You're not making any sense, you are just trying to slander America. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

History has proven just the opposite. If you did not live it, then research it. The Taliban in Afghanistan (whom were the government at the time) publicly proclaimed that they would not turn over Osama Bin Laden or the Al-Qaida that were in their country. They did not deny their presence, just the opposite...The Taliban never disputed that AQ and OBL were present in Afghanistan, just the opposite. They declared AQ an Ally and under their protection.

So because a group of people refuse to hand over a criminal to the US. You think you are justified going over on a hunch that he might be there. Bombing the country and killing tens if not hundreds of thousands of people (mostly women and children)

Then find he is not there and not even bother saying sorry and try and justify your action..

get real son..

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So because a group of people refuse to hand over a criminal to the US. You think you are justified going over on a hunch that he might be there. Bombing the country and killing tens if not hundreds of thousands of people (mostly women and children)

Then find he is not there and not even bother saying sorry and try and justify your action..

get real son..

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Your exact claim...

history has proven that the taliban in Afganistan where not hiding bin laden..

I pointed out your ignorance and resultant false claim on that topic. Whatever dishonest way you want to morph the argument into something else...I could care less.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

get real son..

And BTW - Your ignorance seems boundless. The Taliban are famous for pouring acid on the faces of women who do not conform and shooting school girls in the face...for attending school. You might try a different instrument than the "innocent women and children" bit.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Real Americans will do what they have to do to protect his/her country.

I have to respectfully disagree

The quote:
"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither " come to mind.

To me torture is completely unconstitutional. It clearly says such and if you start making moral exceptions then it leads down a very long slippery slop.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

How are we worse? Really? How about how we created this ISIS or these other radical groups to fight our 'enemies'. How about the fact that we have a history of destabilizing other nations via assassinations, revolts, and economic warfare.
Covert United States foreign regime change actions

The Toll Of 5 Years Of Drone Strikes: 2,400 Dead

Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International issued a pair of reports in October fiercely criticizing the secrecy that shrouds the administration's drone program, and calling for investigations into the deaths of drone victims with no apparent connection to terrorism. In Pakistan alone, TBIJ estimates, between 416 and 951 civilians, including 168 to 200 children, have been killed.

So slanderous!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Please refer to this post as I still don't see it your way.

My Post

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

get real son..

And BTW - Your ignorance seems boundless. The Taliban are famous for pouring acid on the faces of women who do not conform and shooting school girls in the face...for attending school. You might try a different instrument than the "innocent women and children" bit.

You are willfully ignoring the gist of her comments. Some people don't believe in "a tooth for a tooth" because it results in a lot of tooth-pulling toothless people. A country can't claim moral superiority when they do the same thing as the country (in this case not even a country but a group of people) they call the enemy.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

get real son..

I agree with that which I take to be the intent behind your post but I don't think that's the real reason the U.S. attacked. That's just the excuse given to the public.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Everything you say is correct...and it was not the gist of her factually incorrect post...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

How are we worse? Really? How about how we created this ISIS or these other radical groups to fight our 'enemies'. How about the fact that we have a history of destabilizing other nations via assassinations, revolts, and economic warfare.

You can't prove that The United States created ISIS, plus we are not discussing that now are we?

Nope, We are talking about torture, and nothing we have done comes anywhere close to starving, raping and beheading women and children.

Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International issued a pair of reports in October fiercely criticizing the secrecy that shrouds the administration's drone program

What do those internationalist organizations have to say about what ISIS is doing? I think a drone strike is more humane than being starved, raped or beheaded?

Water boarding, LMAO!

Hey? They are lucky I am not in control because I would tie their hands behind their backs, and then kick their asses into a swimming pool one by one. ~$heopleNation

edit on 10-9-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join