It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Question for ATS - Who is the Lord of the OT?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorOfLight96

Of all the versions we could imagine, being fully man is the key. I think we have nailed it down. All roads seem to lead to this simple answer. The Son must learn. What better way to learn than to experience just as a man experiences life--in a state of inconscience. Also, knowing that we are all the Son of God (his body below) adds yet another witness to the same story. We are all learning by his example. He learns form us and we learn from him.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Now, more than ever, I believe I know the answer to this question. A recent thread I did uncovered the larger story to our struggle to be free from the material world. That freedom comes as penance for something we did before the order of the universe was changed and Angels became bonded to the material world. Why is the Lord a harsh ruler? We are in custody here. I still believe the Lord to be the Son of God (Aleph Tav), but I now see this in light of his sacrifice to be here with us; to refine us here in this place. Death is not the end. We must live again. No death in history is wasted, but a renewed opportunity to live again. The Lord of Hosts is the director of this process. We cannot die, but are only mortal here from the restriction of time. Once the restriction is removed in the end, we are free from the bonds of birth and death. The Lord takes a life, but then gives it back again. Nothing is lost.

Here is the thread I recently did that helped me see the answer to the OT Lord more clearly: Kore Kosmou (Virgin of the World)

This is my answer to the question posed in this thread. As much as my outer man struggles with the morality of the Lord of the OT, I now see why it was necessary. We left our first estate and were in custody. Law is a guardian.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Once we acknowledge the Father, the guardian is removed (law) and the is no longer a restriction to our being. We are free. Why? If we know Love, then we can break no law. We simply use Love to guide our choices. We are refined by the cruel master (guardian) of the process.

I will no longer judge the Lord of the OT. He is the Redeemer, the first Adam and the Last Adam. He is the salvation from the process. There is only one way back to the Father.

edit on 12-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet
a reply to: WarriorOfLight96

Of all the versions we could imagine, being fully man is the key. I think we have nailed it down. All roads seem to lead to this simple answer. The Son must learn. What better way to learn than to experience just as a man experiences life--in a state of inconscience. Also, knowing that we are all the Son of God (his body below) adds yet another witness to the same story. We are all learning by his example. He learns form us and we learn from him.

Not only that but like the people that are scattered and are unable to understand each other, so was the truth and divided among other people and religions. Each taking a piece of the puzzle with them as we spread across this world, to fix what was done he had to feel the separation from the father to grow and see the pain first hand and he must over come the weakness of flesh and become the redeemer.

Genesis 11:1-9New International Version (NIV)
The Tower of Babel

11 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Now, more than ever, I believe I know the answer to this question. A recent thread I did uncovered the larger story to our struggle to be free from the material world. That freedom comes as penance for something we did before the order of the universe was changed and Angels became bonded to the material world. Why is the Lord a harsh ruler? We are in custody here. I still believe the Lord to be the Son of God (Aleph Tav), but I now see this in light of his sacrifice to be here with us; to refine us here in this place. Death is not the end. We must live again. No death in history is wasted, but a renewed opportunity to live again. The Lord of Hosts is the director of this process. We cannot die, but are only mortal here from the restriction of time. Once the restriction is removed in the end, we are free from the bonds of birth and death. The Lord takes a life, but then gives it back again. Nothing is lost. Here is the thread I recently did that helped me see the answer to the OT Lord more clearly: Kore Kosmou (Virgin of the World) This is my answer to the question posed in this thread. As much as my outer man struggles with the morality of the Lord of the OT, I now see why it was necessary. We left our first estate and were in custody. Law is a guardian. Galatians 3 23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. 26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Once we acknowledge the Father, the guardian is removed (law) and the is no longer a restriction to our being. We are free. Why? If we know Love, then we can break no law. We simply use Love to guide our choices. We are refined by the cruel master (guardian) of the process. I will no longer judge the Lord of the OT. He is the Redeemer, the first Adam and the Last Adam. He is the salvation from the process. There is only one way back to the Father.

Slaves to are own devices and slaves to what we eat, the bible speaks about the food we must eat and we must look to that as well. The food we eat like pork are unclean and is dangerous to eat for health reasons not because it was a sin, many fitness buffs talk about a perfect diet when it's been in the bible all this time. being refined by fire and learning to overcome the things of this world, refined so that we may enter heaven and be with the father.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
God creates man in his own image and his image is pure, beautiful, Divine consciousness.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
'Lord' got marooned, cut off from central services...I think we all would be wrathful, vengeful and jealous too...not to mention, covetous of the little patch that was 'creationed'...communication channels cut off, they started to make their own rules, started believing their own hype - cut off and all - 'they' made the mistake of veering away from the work manual...incommunicado, there was a war of words in 'heaven'...free will mandate ruling at macrocosmic level let the dis-ease work itself through until 'saviour' insert comes to get the corporation back on track...things had changed, become more complicated...'erudite' and mock-knowing...a scapegoat thoughtform had been created...as if this could be a challenge to an Almighty...petty and childish quarrels about the nature and workings of a supposed rival to an Almighty have continued ever since - prompting the obfuscation and splintering of a very simple process that will continue nonetheless…even despite the wild ravings of an imprisoned man who it is claimed had 'revelations'…We are a minuscule sector in the whole created/creating network…ants discussing giant boots and legs looming above and around us…

A99

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Deuteronomy 28:10 in Torah informs "Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they will fear you.".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join