It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sex makes you stupid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Forgot where I read it but supposedly the average IQ has gone up drastically over the past couple of centuries. It has something to do with 2 vs 3 dimensional thinking.

That said I have often thought about the differences in perspective between ourselves and those of antiquity. For that matter there were times in History where the divide between those in the 'know' and those in the not was a far greater divide than it is today. Who knows but the summit of human intelligence could have been reached tens of thousands of years ago.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm simply talking about myself objectively. If you find it inappropriate to speak in terms of self publicly, that is your own bugaboo, not mine.

Just because most people's egos are gratified by feelings of superiority, doesn't mean mine is. I am horrified that I am considered intelligent.

I am a tourist in this society and some greater authority should have answers to the questions I ponder. If they do, they aren't offering them openly.

That is just the nature of things and trying to curtail how you speak because of social politics is an exercise in futility. I have no control over your opinions concerning my character and your opinions about my person are not something I value, although I would value your opinions on other topics.

This persona is a mask and a lie. My name is not Nechash. I have only ever been called that by another being one time in my existence, although it was quite dramatically performed. I find it useful to use this moniker simply because it is available on most messaging boards. For one reason or another no one else has taken it and it is only a seven letter word so it is relatively easy to remember. Well, how could I forget it anyway?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nobody believes E Michael Jones? Here's what "comedy" can look like on Latin American television. I wonder who produced and broadcast that?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Forgot where I read it but supposedly the average IQ has gone up drastically over the past couple of centuries. It has something to do with 2 vs 3 dimensional thinking.

That said I have often thought about the differences in perspective between ourselves and those of antiquity. For that matter there were times in History where the divide between those in the 'know' and those in the not was a far greater divide than it is today. Who knows but the summit of human intelligence could have been reached tens of thousands of years ago.

The Decline of the Average Human I.Q.

uhaweb.hartford.edu...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

So, we go to Cockney now? My avatar is Minerva, the town I grew up in with her Owl, a creature I admire. And I have no love for German aristocrats. Preston was probably the best of their brood. It's all been downhill since he expired. Anyway, I'm done defending against ad hominem and drifting this thread into oblivion. I hope some mods can clean up this mess. It has all been pretty tedious.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: smurfy

Organisms??? Whose gonna believe this hoky when the guy can't spel propa...anyway it doesn't say before or after!

It is possible they meant organisms it makes sense that way also.(you spelled... spell and properly wrong) on purpose?)

It has degenerated simply because for many centuries we have been extracting from our organisms the Entity of the Semen.

Correct, and correct. My whole post was deliberately facetious against the book author deliberately talking bully. Actually, I think he is a Marmite addict.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: corvuscorrax

140 is a fairly common IQ, even 160 is only something like 1 in 30k people, so nope, not really something amazing to lie about. At least I'm not saying I have a 13 inch penis. That is far less likely.

Besides, IQ tests are designed to favor well read white people, which I am, so the whole test is biased anyway.

As another note, your IQ can fluctuate wildly on a day to day basis, so being able to test at a 160 IQ on occasion does not mean I have a 160 IQ.

Einstein is thought to have been 160

The average I.Q. for 2011 is calculated to be 88.54 this is the lowest I.Q. rate in years.

uhaweb.hartford.edu...

The USA average
9th United States 98
www.photius.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I have around a 130 IQ, and still feel dumb around others.

I'd rather have a 13 inch Johnson than a high IQ any day. Id be dumb enough not to allow daily matters bother me, yet have a smile on my face most the time.. It's a 50/50 decision *sruggs*

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I thought Einstein was thought to be over 200 or even untestable because of his uniqueness. There are people on this planet with IQs over 200, Stephen Hawking among them.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
We have degenerated in many ways. Sex was originally for procreation and not pleasure. I understand things change but excessive sex isn't the worst thing in the world, though it can hurt the body.

I remember seeing a post here years ago that mentioned traditional Chinese medicine. To the ancient Chinese, semen was eventually recycled into the brain. It always flows in a circle through the body and if you continue to lose it, it's akin to losing blood.

Sex isn't bad, I'm human, in no way can I ever say sex is bad. But I do admit it's a heavy distraction, a big industry promoted to children and adults alike. Excessive ejaculation, especially by masturbation is like draining the body. Feels great but I guess moderation, imo.

Interesting theory, and I'm certain there's some way the body benefits from keeping it "in the system". S + F

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

I'd rather be dumb as a brick with abs and a 13 inch wanger, that's currency on this planet. Intelligence is burdensome.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So, we go to Cockney now? My avatar is Minerva, the town I grew up in with her Owl, a creature I admire. And I have no love for German aristocrats. Preston was probably the best of their brood. It's all been downhill since he expired. Anyway, I'm done defending against ad hominem and drifting this thread into oblivion. I hope some mods can clean up this mess. It has all been pretty tedious.

My post was an attempt at a little humour, in fact I was being sympathetic in my way...hence the thumb's up!
Nearly forgot, I don't get the aristocratic German bit, I'm not German or aristocratic... as far as I know. Spent a lot of time there though, even knew a German princess.

edit on 8-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Interesting. Maybe what I read was relating today to two centuries ago and didn't touch on the fact that IQ's are declining now.

I wonder if it has any relation to inequality. Meaning that as the gap grows between those in poverty and those in financial comfort the average IQ Diminishes as well. Kinda makes sense.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Sorry. Insincerity (sarcasm and the like) is hard to read over the interwebs, not that I'm great on that front anyway. I don't know Cockney well enough to say something back in return. The basic idea makes sense to me, but the cultural alienation is too much for me to get into the game. Pork Pies aren't two words I would ever associate with one another.

For me it'd have be more like "your mind has gone to almonds." Almond butter, gutter. Whatever. I'm not good at association games I guess.

Oh, the Bush family come from German stock. Prescott, not Preston was the individual who earned the current generations their wealth and influence. I always get that confused because there was a Preston associated with their family early on and thus a lot of their landmarks are named after him.
edit on 8-9-2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
now i understand why i had straight A's in college...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I thought Einstein was thought to be over 200 or even untestable because of his uniqueness. There are people on this planet with IQs over 200, Stephen Hawking among them.

My source...yours?
www.cse.emory.edu...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

140 is a genius IQ, it's definitely not average or common, at all!! Only 2.2% of people have that high of an IQ. Mine is 122, that's a bit more common than yours but still not that common. Most folks fall between 90-110:

Under 70 [mentally retarded] -- 2.2%
70-80 [borderline retarded] -- 6.7%
80-90 [low average] -- 16.1%
90-110 [average] -- 50%
110-120 [high average] -- 16.1%
120-130 [superior] -- 6.7%
Over 130 [very superior] -- 2.2%

Here is a graph showing the Bell Curve:

Intelligence and IQ
edit on 8-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: add graph

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Like I said, IQs fluctuate wildly and the way they are tested differs significantly from test to test. Especially lacking in modern IQ tests are spacial reasoning analyses which people like Einstein and Hawking truly excel at. If you look at institutions like the Davidson Institute which are working very hard to more accurately test and verify the broad scope of intellectual abilities, they have published findings of many individuals with IQs over 200 publicly.

Stephen Hawking is estimated to be one of these 200+ IQs by many professionals in that field who have experience dealing with spacial reason and understand how underrepresented his brand of intelligence really is on most IQ tests.

I'm not a trained monkey. If you want a link, google for it. I'm sure you'll find conflicting information. Either stuff to support whatever you want to think, or stuff to support my assertions too. It is all out there. This is the internets after all and people like to think that a few hyperlinks somehow make them objectively correct.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Genius is highly subjective. Personally, I don't think genius and intelligence have a direct linear correlation with one another. I've seen some dumb people do genius and elegant things to solve their problems and I've seen some intelligent people conjure up the most counterintuitive messes imaginable.

The societies I have been involved with have 140 as their minimum qualifying intelligence level and only consider IQs of 160 or above to be truly genius level, but like I said, I don't think genius is a function of intelligence. I think it is a function of creativity and common sense which is open to anyone.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I was simply commenting on the statement you made about your 140 IQ being average or common because it's neither of those things.

Some people do better in mathematics while others do better with comprehension and others excel at street smarts, we all have our gifts.

The IQ gives an overall score taking in to account all sections of the IQ. I had my IQ test in the third grade for testing for the G.A.T.E. Program (127) and again at 25 (122) but have no clue what my IQ is at this time, so I just roll with the 122 I was given at 25. It could be higher or it could be lower, but I'm definitely not a genius. That is clear with the IQ results.

Regardless of the IQ scores genius society's require for acceptance or admission, you are "superior" if you have an IQ over 130.

According to Mensa:

The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test.
Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion. Candidates for membership of Mensa must achieve a score at or above the 98th percentile on a standard test of intelligence (a score that is greater than that achieved by 98 percent of the general population taking the test).

I'm not a trained monkey. If you want a link, google for it.

Is it really that difficult to back up your statements with sources?
edit on 8-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join