It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas Miracle - Seventy-nine percent of Americans believe in Virgin birth!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There were virgin births mentioned in older religions as well.

And furthermore, I believe Jesus existed but I I don't think his mother was a virgin.

Another thing is that it's most likely that Christianity is a Pauline religion. (after Paul's teachings)

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It was me that gave him a warn, can you explain the logic of calling ALL Christians Morons? By the way I don't believe in the virgin birth, the 6000 year old universe, Noah's Ark or the Easter bunny. But I also don't believe in a one sentence put down of about 1/3 of the world as an answer to another post. If he had said all wiccans were stupid or all blacks were lazy or all Muslims were terrorists yall would have been howling for his blood. But since he called all Christians morons its supposed to be OK? Isn't that kind of hypocritical?

Thanks for stepping up to the (non-virgin) plate!

I believe that the title of "ones of limited reasoning ability" was awarded by the member who is worried about turning 30 soon, to the segment of the population that believes that a virgin birth to be upheld with some reverence happened in the past 2005 years or so. The fact that one of the major world religions is predicated on this belief in some way does not mean that the reasoning ability of that segment is validated any more. It is based on what is, purely and simply, dogma. Blind faith.

That is not the way of the future, except for oppressors and the meek that believe they have a place "inheriting the earth".

I added the point that 79% of a population can be wrong, and pointed to the times pre Galileo and Copernicus to demonstrate that.

We should look closely for and Moderator or Super Moderator in future labelling any person or group as "morons", to see if the no-insult standard can be maintained uniformly.

Thanks Amuk for the good explanation you put up!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
[\

If thats the case, then 79% of this country are MORONS.

so having a set of believes makes you a moron? ok how about this then...all the people who believe that the government was behind the attacks on the WTC and Pentagon are morons.

how about...all the people who believe the koran are morons.

i believe the birth was emaculate (sp) does that make me a moron?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i believe the birth was emaculate (sp) does that make me a moron?

That would depend on whether you are trying to say "immaculate" or "emasculate".

Your statement and the way you chose to express it does make you appear as someone who did not practise writing their scriptures, and someone who is lazy.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795Another thing is that it's most likely that Christianity is a Pauline religion. (after Paul's teachings)

I have read about this one but Paul was a tool, he had quite a bit of Christian blood on his hands, what you talk about was the argument in the Church around 325 and the council at Nicea. The Gnostic sect was pushing that Pauline Christianity stuff at that time and that is why the Council canonized what books they did. Enoch is the one that puzzles me though but that is another subject.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There seems to be some confusion between Virgin Birth and Immaculate Conception

Virgin Birth = Christ conceived in Mary's womb without the intervention of a human father.

Immaculate Conception = Mary was conceived in the normal way but without original sin or its stain.

Today we celebrate the 150th anniversary of Pope Pius IX declaring this a dogma of the Catholic Church.

here is link

[edit on 12/7/2004 by Mahree]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
There seems to be some confusion between Virgin Birth and Immaculate Conception

Thank you for the clarification. I don't buy it, but I'm glad you set the record straight.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well I believe in the Virgin Birth then...........

He was born of a Virgin........

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i find it rather appauling that the church produced such a pure image which almost seems to denounce sex. Honestly there is nothing wrong with sex. The bible lacks none in the area of violence.

I do not believe in virgin birth, how is it such possible unless mary was a hermaphrodite.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thenewf102
i find it rather appauling that the church produced such a pure image which almost seems to denounce sex. Honestly there is nothing wrong with sex. The bible lacks none in the area of violence.

I do not believe in virgin birth, how is it such possible unless mary was a hermaphrodite.

Well I can assure you that Mary was no Hermaphrodite, think about it, the creator can do WHATEVER......why is it so 'odd' that a Virgin birth could happen? You go ahead and think we came from monkey's, but ask yourself where they came from , and on and on, run the math and you see.....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
why is it so 'odd' that a Virgin birth could happen?

Because Jesus would have needed a Y chromozone to become male [female is the default gender].. it would be much more plausable [sort of] if christ was a girl.
All the bible says is virgin.. it doesn't say anything about there being a spermless conception.
And for those who are a little slow on the uptake.. think turkey baster.

You go ahead and think we came from monkey's,

:shk: No-one says we come from monkeys... we share a common ancestory.

but ask yourself where they came from , and on and on, run the math and you see.....

What math? Why would a single self microbe need a creator? It is a simple organism.. it split in two.. those two did the same etc.. somewhere along the line they devloped genders.. and kept evolving into us.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You seem to miss the point, where did the amino acids that form life come from?

As for Christ being girl and the chromosome thing, that was cop out answer.....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It doesnt matter where they came from. Life could have been started by anything including a god. I do not care about any of the possibilities right now because I can't know the answer for sure. However, what happens from thatr point a of life, to the existing now of point b is clear. Keep up the good work. It must take a lot to push reality and rationalization completely out of your mind.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
It doesnt matter where they came from. Life could have been started by anything including a god. I do not care about any of the possibilities right now because I can't know the answer for sure. However, what happens from thatr point a of life, to the existing now of point b is clear. Keep up the good work. It must take a lot to push reality and rationalization completely out of your mind.

Well with a tag line involving Darwin, you would have that feeling, but what I am trying to tell you that is if one takes the time it takes for carbon and the heavier elements to form, then the amino acids just 'happening' to form in the one exact chain necessary for life, that the time needed for this to happen is a very big damn number 10^120th power last I read... even if you believe the universe is 15-20 billion years old, it is still far to young for life to have formed by chance...

so you are left with an issue....just who made it?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You seem to miss the point, where did the amino acids that form life come from?

Their enviroment.
As re-enacted here:

Expanding The Genetic Code: The World's First Artificial Organism

Lancaster - Jan 14, 2003
From time immemorial, every living thing has shared the same basic set of building blocks -- 20 amino acids from which all proteins are made. That is, until now: A group of scientists say they have, for the first time, created an organism that can produce a 21st amino acid and incorporate it into proteins completely on its own. The research should help probe some of the central questions of evolutionary theory.

www.spacedaily.com...

As for Christ being girl and the chromosome thing, that was cop out answer.....

Why is it a cop out of an answer? Couldn't think of a reply? For christ to be male he would have needed a Y chromozone.. which is only provided by the sperm. I said more plausable [but still impossible] for him to be a girl as ALL fetuses start female.. it is the Y chromozone triggers testosterone development.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by riley]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Being that this subject really got people think around Christmas time, and now that Holy Week approaches,

There are those that BELIEVE in the Virgin birth and these same folks believe in the Resurrection of the Christ!

For He died for every single one of you,

If Jesus Had An Obituary...............

and for love and for your eternal salvation,

so what was the big deal about, few hours of pain for all the sins of the world?

Well it is a bit more than that, plus He was innoncent.

Medical Description of the Flogging and Crucifixion of Jesus

[edit on 19-3-2005 by edsinger]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join