It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe that deceased people visit us in our dreams?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have been a long time believer that our deceased relatives visit us in our dreams. I have had dreams about my grandmother and my grandfather a dozen or so times over the years. Nearly every time I have a dream about one of them, it is to communicate something:

1. "Tell your dad I said hi"
  2. "Wake Up"
  3. "We need to go have some fun"
  4. "call your mom"
  5. etc

Because most of these things that are communicated are usually feelings I guess it could be interpreted as my subconscious telling me these things, and using my relatives as a conduit. But, again, I have always found the most comfort in believing that it is my actual relatives visiting me and telling me things.

My father passed away just 5 months ago, and since his passing I have had no less than 5 dreams about him. In one he "saved" me from people that were mugging me. He appeared to be about 30yrs old and said "I'll always protect you." In another, we had a heated argument surrounding the circumstances of his death. (He was on life support for 2 weeks and declining rapidly. Per his wishes (have talked about it before) my sister and I removed life support, then he passed within 5 minutes time) Most recently however, I had a dream about my dad where I really feel like he was trying to TELL me something.

I was at a restaurant with friends sitting in a booth. I was able to see out the front door of the restaurant because they had it propped open. I was having a conversation with my friends about my dad, and all of a sudden, he appeared in the street. It was dark out, and rainy. The cars on the street appeared as if it was a film running in fast-forward; they zoomed 'through' my dad, and all that could be seen were blurs and headlights. My dad was walking in slow-motion, dressed as he normally would be dressed, and he looked as he did shortly before he went in the hospital for the last time. Confused, I yelled out 'Dad!!" and he whipped his head around and made eye contact with me. Immediately he began yelling/lecturing me to "Be careful crossing the street. Be careful crossing the street. Be careful crossing the street. If you don't, you'll end up worse than me. You will be a vegetable. Be careful crossing the street!"

When I woke up I was really scared. My heart was racing and I couldn't fall back to sleep. Since then I have told my sister, and my own kids to be careful crossing the street! Crazy or not, I feel like he was trying to tell me something real.

What about you? Do you believe that our deceased relatives can communicate with us during our dreams? Or, do you think these manifestations are merely our subconscious talking to us?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Beyond a doubt .. not only ancestors and families .. also get visits from my troops during my s.o.g days who died in combat .. theyre always with us .. sometimes they drop by to be sociable other times to give advice or warnings .. theyve saved my life more than once over the years ..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yep, my shaman in Peru, Orlando Chujandama, says he regularly receives visits from his dead grandfather, who continues instructing him in dreams.

Orlando also visited me in my dreams before my friend and I went down to study with him in Peru. Story here, under the "Ceremony One" post.

Bit long, but a good read.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cassp83

So glad you asked this…

What about you? Do you believe that our deceased relatives can communicate with us during our dreams?

We're not the only ones that believe that. Lots of people swear they commune (awake or not) with relatives and ancestors. Personally I entertain the notion this may be one source for past memories. Others report encounters with "friends" they can't identify.

Still others report miraculous events that save them from trouble or certain doom. As an example, one time I was waiting at a traffic light to go and when it changed I just sat there staring at it for a few seconds when Zoom, a car flashed past right in front of me. If I had gone when the light changed… who knows where that comes from?

He appeared to be about 30yrs old and said "I'll always protect you."

Implying they are always around, watching over us. That is so cool.

Crazy or not, I feel like he was trying to tell me something real.

Yah, look before you cross! Heads up. That sounded like a warning. Implication there is from over there they can see the future. I would be very careful in the near future about crossing roads. His presentation to you of standing in the street with cars passing "through him" is telling, don't you think?

Thanks so much for bringing those images and your perspective. What a gift you have in your family.

edit on 8-9-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have unfortunately had no experiences myself but a very good friend of mine was from Guam and she swears by these ancestors called tatamonas or something and as sure as day spoke as if they were part of everyone's life to include speaking to them, touching them and guiding them.....etc. She was so sure and confident about it..not even a trace of doubt from her and respected her dearly.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Mine do all the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe so, yes. I had a cousin who was killed in Iraq in 2006 when he was 20 years old. He visits me frequently and usually asks me to tell his mom that he is okay with what happened to him and to not be so sad, even now 8 years later. He tells me to tell certain people he loves them and misses them.

My most recent one, he told me to tell his childhood best friend (a girl I am good friends with) that he misses her terribly and has been trying to find her without much luck and to be patient because he wont stop looking. I relayed that message to her and she said she was just talking to her husband the night before about how he hadnt visited her in HER dreams in a long time and she missed him. A few nights later, she emailed me and told me she had a long wonderful dream about him and felt so much better afterwards.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yep, it happens to me too. The last time was when my son was born as I was the last of my blood line.

I've had vivid dreams before but these ones are different and they freak me out man.

edit on 8-9-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yes they do and so does God.

Do your best to remember your dreams.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I hope this doesn't sound too crazy,but these were real dreams I had:
I lost a good friend in a traffic accident years back,and months later he popped into a really vivid dream-you know the sort which seem uber realistic and stick with you for a long while after.
Anyhow,in the dream I see him and say to him:

"What the heck are you doing here mate-you're dead aren't you?"

"You could say that I suppose,"he replied.

So I said:

"Well,spill the beans dude-whats it like?"

"Its pretty #ing amazing to be honest."he replied with a big smile on his face,then he slapped me on the back,and said:
"Anyway look mate,I can't stay here,so I will see you later."

I still remember that dream like it was yesterday-it was in fact over twenty years ago.
Was it my friend-or my subconsciuosness trying to help me out?
Who knows,but my friend wasn't religious-yet in the dream he seemed to be telling me he was in some kind of afterlife,and it was amazing.
That was the most vivid dream I ever had-but there were others with other dead people.

This sounds crazy,but I met up with Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley in another dream!
They were hanging out in a bar,on an incredible tropical beach,just chatting and laughing about music when they told me to sit down.
Hendrix gave me a pint glass with sparkly green liquid in it,and in the dream it was the most awesome tasting drink ever.
The three of us clinked glasses and Bob says-

"So whadya wan t'know brother?"in his trademark accent.

"What are you doing here guys?" I asked.

"We live here,man,under the second sun!"says Bob.

I told them they were lucky to live somewhere so beautiful,and Bob says,I kid you not:

"Every man live here sooner a later man!"and they both laughed.

I like to believe he was telling me the truth-I guess one day I will find out as will we all.

edit on 8/9/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This falls under, if you can't make a good dream better
why fall asleep? Is it so mundane to say you have dreams
that include your deceased loved ones? Oh no let's switch
that change that around and say the dead visit us in our
dreams. Dead people do not pay visits to any one any where
any time. Do you know why? Because their dead period.
Any BS that convinces someone of anything else needs
to be heavily scrutinized. What is the purpose of death
if we just walk out of our bodys capable of far less than
we were before and still conscious of it. False doctrine
indeed.

edit on Ram90814v442014u04 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My dad, whose been 'gone' for 4 years, shows up regularly in my dreams. My grandfather also - who died when I was in high school.

There's always a feeling of "relief" when I see them, interact with them. So far, no warnings from them, but always helpful.
Daddy looks like he's in his 30s, too -
he was nearly 80 when he passed.

I totally believe it is really him. I enjoy those visits immensely!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Absolutley I believe they do visit. My wife was just about to fall asleep, and I was already asleep. When all of a sudden my wife started to cry hysterically, and was saying please stop, I woke up and tried to wake her up thinking she was having a nightmare, but she was already awake, My wife told me she saw an elderly woman with gold glasses, and her hair wrapped up in a bun, standing at the foot of the bed, she said the old lady smiled, told her not to be afraid, and then my wife said that the old lady floated up onto the bed and slowly fell onto my body, disappearing into me. When she descibed what she was wearing and how she looked, I was floored, because it sounds just like my grandmother.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
No, because this is reality, not a science fiction movie.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

Great input!

What do you know of reality?
Why does this happen to people if it's not real?

Scepticism is a turn on...
Out right denial and bull s# is not

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that they can. I have had some wakeful experiences, but no sleeping experiences. However this might be the only way that they know how to contact you.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yup.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yes, my mom, after my grand-dad died, came to her in a dream as she was at the trunk of the car and told her "I'm alright, don't worry about me." She was worried.

Skip forward, many years, I had a dream of him also, he appeared in my dream in a suit and tie, and motioned for me and told me to come on over, he's dead and wants me to come on over. Next day I had a doctors appointment, I was losing lots of blood, was weak, would faint, My doctor looked at my blood work and said, "I don't know how you're even walking, your hemoglobin is so low" here's a prescription for .... iron high dosage keep taking it. Scary stuff. It just told me I was near hospitalization/death.

I have also smelled the scent of roses after someone dies.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It happens to me all the time, but I'm not sure if it's spirits or my subconscious that is behind it.

I lucid dream frequently and when a departed loved one comes to you in a lucid dream...that can be unsettling. I've had dreams where various family members would make a cameo appearance and I swear I could reach out and touch them, The lucid state makes it very hard to determine what's a reality and what's fantasy.

However it would make sense for spirits to make contact while we are in a dream state-our brain is in a relaxed state and is more malleable at that time.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah
No, because this is reality, not a science fiction movie.

And what,Sir,is the nature of reality?
If you know,please share-because the most gifted thinkers of our species have been trying to figure that out since we lived in caves,and none have yet figured it out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join