It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outbreak of rare EV-D68 virus causes spike in hospitalizations in Missouri and 9 mid west states.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
With everyone talking about ebola these days, not one mention of the outbreak that is taking place in the US. EV-D68 is hitting children hard and sending a lot of them to ICU.
The following is from the “DAILY KOS”

CDC official: Virus hitting Midwest could be 'tip of iceberg', reports Michael Martinez, John Newsome, and Elizabeth Cohen, of CNN. Hundreds of children have been hospitalized because of an outbreak of a rare respiratory enterovirus in what Mark Pallansch, a virologist at the Centers of Disease Control, says may be "just the tip of the iceberg in terms of severe cases."

“EV-D68 is rare with only about 100 cases reported since it was discovered in the 1960s.”

Cases are suspected in Colorado, North Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Kentucky.

“Parents are shocked that within just hours of exhibiting cold symptoms, their children are left gasping for air and placed on a ventilator in the ICU.”

www.dailykos.com...

What is going on with the diseases ? Why are they mutating? The world is scary enough without this happening.

edit on 7-9-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped quote, ADDED TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: trontech

Makes me wonder if the illegal aliens (children) were at any of these outbreak sites.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
With all of the secrecy surrounding them, who knows. It was rare until now. It could also be something that affected the immune system of the children.

edit on 9/7/2014 by trontech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

yes it is quite disturbing...the same thing is being discussed in this thread here..www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This is a link to the health advisory from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, which also helps to explain the disease. It is important to note that this is not seen as fatal, and is more common than one would expect.

There is no specific treatment for EV-D68 infections; specifically there are no anti-viral medications currently available for this purpose. Many infections will be mild and self-limited, requiring only symptomatic treatment. Some people with severe respiratory illness caused by EV-D68 may need to be hospitalized and receive intensive supportive therapy

health.mo.gov...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
The only problem is that this is getting the children. Not too many parents will be very calm with sick kids. It says many, but not all. If it were my kids, I'd be at the hospital too.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Children and the elderly are ALWAYS more susceptible to illness. It is why things such as the flu shots are a must for children and the elderly.

www.cdc.gov...

If something is going round, it is usually children to get it. The same preventatives are in place however, for EV-D68. Frequent and thorough washing of the hands, no touching each other and then putting fingers into your mouth, cleaning door knobs and toys etc.

These things prevent the spread, it is that these things are the most difficult to get child participation in.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That would be so scary as a parent to see your child gasping for air and how horrible for the child to go through that.. I guess if they bring a vaccine/immunisation out for it we will know how it got out there and spread to so many children in such a large area so quickly.. My daughter has athsma and even the common cold leaves her hardly able to breathe and having to take steroids i wonder what would happen to children with athsma with something like this? Im glad its not fatal but still sounds horrible for those who get it!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I think "they" don't know what's getting these people sick, or they DO know and are not saying. Too many things are happening all at once RSV ,Hand ,Foot and Mouth, EV-D68.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Kids with asthma are the ones who we have to be careful with.
edit on 9/7/2014 by trontech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What gets me, is that asthma is now so much more common now than it ever has been in the past. THAT right there is the underlying problem, in my point of view. What has caused the incidence of asthma to increase, has also resulted in an increase of severity to respiratory illness in general - due to the increase of asthmatic patients.
edit on 7-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Probably has a lot to do with pollution. Could also be from other factors that people don't like to talk about such as climate change and radiation.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Not to mention the grub we're fed!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

What gets me, is that asthma is now so much more common now than it ever has been in the past. THAT right there is the underlying problem, in my point of view. What has caused the incidence of asthma to increase, has also resulted in an increase of severity to respiratory illness in general - due to the increase of asthmatic patients.

I just realised how bad my spelling is i always mess up the spelling of asthma! I don't know how because i see the word so much. Anyway same here i don't get it, it doesnt run in mine or my partners family yet my daughter has a pretty bad case of it. Last time she got a cold she coughed until she was being sick, i had to rush her straight to emergency she just wouldnt stop and couldnt breathe it was really scary & her puffer was totally useless, steroids is all that helped.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

I agree. We've pretty much messed ourselves up with all of the stuff we put into our bodies.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus
Could be brought on by allergies . Some kids are lucky enough to grow out of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Imagine if in fact
1.a cabal is running a shadow government that crosses all western governments and Israel.
2. They're technologically and logistically capable of pulling off 911.
3. Their goals are much more important than the sanctity of lives, especially children.
4. Their backs are up against the wall and whistle blowers are emerging from their own ranks in numbers never before seen in their centuries long reign of terror.
5. They have nothing to lose by unleashing mil spec bio weapons.

Would it surprise you that the same group behind the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Ukraine, the terrorist attacks in Boston, Oklahoma, Fukushima and Sandy Hook would do this?

These are the adherants to the Georgia Guide Stone. They almost got away with it and now they are more dangerous than ever.

I believe divine intervention has prevented nuclr and WWIII. This is truly spiritual warfare and its about to be revealed to the world in umistakable terms.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yeah but she doesnt have any allergies to anything she has been tested and is fine, the only other health issue she has is her adenoids and tonsils are very large, we have been on the waiting list a year for the ENT clinic at the childrens hospital here and she finally has an appointment on the 25th of this month so i really hope they can sort that for her because it bothers her alot but with the asthma i have no idea what could have caused that! Also i dont get bad allergies but my partner does he gets bad hayfever etc aswell and i was told that parents with allergies that have children with asthma is linked so thats all i have to go on really, after diagnosing her they just put her on a preventer tablet and a puffer and that was it really didnt give me much info.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles
I was thinking more along the lines of a Government bio-lab accident where all of their research got out. Like maybe in Africa at the elola research lab. Insurgents broke in and let it all loose.Seems more likely to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread...

Fever, coughing, mouth blisters: Hundreds of Midwest kids hospitalized with mystery v

thanks

join