It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doug Darrell Acquitted Of Marijuana Charges Through Jury Nullification In New Hampshire

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If the goal was to have a “100% cookie cutter” application of the laws 100% of the time, then, the Constitution would have made judges or a panel of lawyers determine guilt in a court case -- think about it, judges and lawyers know far, far more about the technicalities of laws than the average citizen. And, yet, the Constitution places citizens on the juries -- there is a reason for that (conduct research on the Internet on the legal term: Jury Nullification).
edit on 8-9-2014 by GoldKnight because: Changed my mind

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Thank you people for becoming awake! Keep it up! The toxic sludge polluting our system can be fixed when exposed to the light.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Senators

Yes. I condone it. You know why? THAT'S called a republic. That's what america is. A republic. Not a democracy. We are led by the people, for the people, and of the people. It's our right which is why we have jurys. This falls under the constitution. Republics are led by inalienable laws. Not warped extenuations that assert a persons right can be infringed upon fro growing a plant. A plant. A plant.

True a democracy is ran by public opinion which seems to be fairly prevalant now in our politics. Its not what we were founded upon. Our constitution and right to do WHATEVER we want as long as it does not infringe on the rights and freedom of another. The jury was right, and showed some intelligence as to what is right and wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal

originally posted by: tinner07
Ok I have kinda lost the original taste of the thread but going to throw in my opinion.

If it is against the law it is against the law....religious reasons or not.

Jaywalking is against the law, (seriously was stopped and frisked for it in Vegas)...there is a reason for it.

Religious reasons..... My ass... if any religion says sex with a youngster is ok thats not ok

Its a plant.... so is a poppy, so that argument says heroine is ok...

advocates for marijuana say its all natural, must be healthy... So is Asbestos, Cyanide and Lava lol

Don't get me wrong, not a big fan of putting people in jail for pot, but it is against the law.

In the State of South Carolina it is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the steps of the Court House on Sundays. Since it is not illegal does that make it right?

Obviously the answer to that is "no". Just because it is legal does not make it right. So doesn't the reverse hold true as well?

Now let us say I did choose to beat my wife on the Court House steps on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon. Let us say I did it, and I was even arrested for it. I go to Court, a jury then finds me guilty. How much of an idiot would I sound like if I were to say, "but it is not illegal. It is legal for me to beat my wife, I should not have any consequence at all." I think it is fair to say, most would call me an idiot.

That's how I feel when someone says, "but it is illegal."

Here is another law in South Carolina. This one says, when approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.

People break this law every day in South Carolina. Should they all be prosecuted? After all, as you said, "If it is against the law it is against the law"

How about I choose some laws that are a little more closer to home? Did you know that in 17 States in the USA there are still "sodomy laws" on the books? In 17 States in the USA it is still illegal to perform or receive oral sex.

Think about that for a second before you make the argument that "the law is the law" because rest assured, you are a career criminal yourself. You just didn't know it.

I think it is fair to say that your logic without question is on point and can't be rationally disputed. It's posts like this that give me hope that America still has a chance of having sanity prevail. I thank you for the effort and believe me, it does not go unnoticed.

We all must do what we can, in words, action or influence to change or at least try to change what is becoming an ever growing police state. The sort of state that conspiracy minded folks were laughed at and mocked 20 years ago but yet..... The state we find ourselves in today, almost worse that what was predicted.

Personal freedoms, liberty and the protections of the Constitution will only be history if the people of America allow them to become so.

As always, united we stand and divided, well........ America could become one of the most dangerous and destructive nations the world has ever seen. Sounds crazy? Take a look at how our country is unfolding and developing around us, it's disturbing at best and down right terrifying at worst.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Senators

The danger of " tainting the system" is at least partially based on the system not being tainted to begin with. When the system is already at least partly tainted, following the rules of the system may increase the tainting.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join